Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think its going live!

OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

is now shut down for maintenance WOOT! maybe that means soon we can get it!

Comments

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

it is probably being inundated with people trying to access it. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

It was up half an hour ago. lol

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

yeah i registered already, just need the codes now.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Why is everybody so eager to give a company money for a product that isn't out yet?  I'm going to go give McDonald's 6 bucks right now for my lunch tomorrow.

Originally posted by loeslein

Why is everybody so eager to give a company money for a product that isn't out yet?  I'm going to go give McDonald's 6 bucks right now for my lunch tomorrow.

Why is everybody else so eager to try and stop them, when it obviously doesn't work and isn't any of their business?

• jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member Posts: 42

I'm eager to give them my money for three reasons. One, I have the money right now. Two, I want access to the beta test when it start. And three, I just want to show my support.

That's all!

Originally posted by Eir_S

Why is everybody else so eager to try and stop them, when it obviously doesn't work and isn't any of their business?

Just saying.  I know I'm going to buy a shitload of paper towels this week at Sam's Club.  I'm not going to fucking pay in advance for them for no reason.

Beta test I guess I could understand. 

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

because the game will be out eventually?

Because of the beta access, headstart and bonus items?

You can buy MacDonald everyday and they give you nothing for paying upfront?

Poor try. Next.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Just saying.  I know I'm going to buy a shitload of paper towels this week at Sam's Club.  I'm not going to fucking pay in advance for them for no reason.

You seem really upset at the idea of people preordering the game...

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Cetra

Poor try. Next.

I guess you do pay for it in advance, although it's only a couple of minutes. The real question you should be asking your self is why you would give McDonald's money at all, when all they give you in return are the sh*ts.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Here in our world this is very common, it might sound odd to you but in game industry it's normal. 

Don't take us for fools though.

Originally posted by jaffrojones

Originally posted by Cetra

Poor try. Next.

I guess you do pay for it in advance, although it's only a couple of minutes. The real question you should be asking your self is why you would give McDonald's money at all, when all they give you in return are the sh*ts.

LOL yeah I stopped eating that garbage years ago.  My stomach thanks me for it.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Lets say you did pay for a crate of paper towels in advance, because you knew you were going to get them anyway.

Then, some person you dont even know, came up to you and berated you, on why you would do such a thing.

What would you say to that guy?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I cant vouch for anyone but myself but the reasons for me are:

• Ive been dieing to play this game since 2010

• I get guarenteed Beta Access

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Only thing you are "saying" is you have nothing to say at all other than ramble off the names of middle american whitebread corporations. 

Paints a picture...

Regardless, the real issue that seems to have you twisted is the difference between the the "haves" and the "have nots."

Yes, disposable income, get some.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

I cant vouch for anyone but myself but the reasons for me are:

• Ive been dieing to play this game since 2010

• I get guarenteed Beta Access

My reasons are exactly the same.  I found out about the game in 2010 as well and I want in on that sweet, sweet beta train.  I'm going to buy the damn thing anyway, might as well get some seat time early.  Hell, I paid the same price for Skyrim and played it about 120 hours, now it's collecting dust (?) in Steam.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Ya I agree if for  $6 when I get to Mcdonalds tomorrow I get something extra for my money I might consider it.

Also since Mcdonalds also only gives me 2 minutes of pleasure where as a good MMO can give me 6 years of pleasure, I can see my money invested in GW2 is better then invested in some lunch that will  give me a heart attack and the poops.

I suppose it's just the business side of me.  For example last week I hired a carpet company to put carpet in one of my rentals and I declined to give them a payment up front.  They bitched and moaned but long story short, they came in and every tack strip was sticking through the carpet.

I haven't paid them a dime yet so you can be damn sure they are going to fix this problem asap.  You ever try to get a repair man to come back for some touch up work after you've paid him for the job?

You'll wait forever.

So yeah, hand this giant company you're hard earned money.  The NCSoft execs might think twice next time about making a fully polished product knowing there's a half million of you willing to shell out $50 a piece with nothing but a promise.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

would rather flush 6 dollars down the loo then pay and eat that crap they call macdonalds

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Site is still down...lol...

Can you imagine the thousands of hits per second that site is getting right now!

Originally posted by Adalwulff

Site is still down...lol...

Can you imagine the thousands of hits per second that site is getting right now!

I'm not checking it at all to see if it's back up.  >_>

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

That's a pretty good question...    I don't understand this whole rush to get it the second it's available, but why pick fights with people who are rushing up to the front of that line?   If they were rednecks at a beerfest, you'd probably get punched in the nose for telling them what to do with their own money.   ...just let it go for once.  There's nothin being offered at the front of the Kill-Joy line.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

i am in , but it will not send me further from the complete purchace button . And there is limit to how many times i think its fun to press that one , and basicly order another game!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I seriously dont know either.  Im waiting until release but thats my choice. 

But Im seriously impressed the fans are this excited and ready to support the game.  I dont think its ridiculous, just kind of funny, in a good way.  Go Anet.  But even more so, go fans.  Hell I think Im becoming a fan of the fans almost more than I am a fan of Anet at this point.  And Im a huge fan of Anet.