Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else find it odd that the game is not even released yet fans are already saying it is a fact

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I also heard that if you are a hater, you claim that it will be horrible with a horrible cash shop, also based on exactly the same amount of information released.

See what I did there?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by heartless

Anyone else find it odd that th game is not even released yet haters are already saying that it is a fact that it sucks?

Based on some random videos at that.

What I find odd is that there are so many "fans" and "haters"  for a game that has not hit open beta let alone even launched. Personally, I'm looking forward to "The Hobbit" films, but I can't exactly consider myself a fan as I have not yet seen the actual film.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

It is funny, the irony. The GW2 haters make these hugely false assumptions about the game, then when someone tries to defend it, they say that "you are just making assumptions", WTF was your argument bassed off other than your ASSumptions?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Originally posted by bigsmiff

That's my point. No one knows about that kind of stuff. But, people push it as fact when it is pure speculation.

There is one major difference that I have seen. GW2 during the press weekends has allowed pretty much unfettered video of gameplay which includes bugs, glitches, and some of the raw points of GW2 beta right now. Now there is a ton of content which we don't know if the quality will be the same as what we have seen, but what has been shown so far by mainstream and bloggers alike has been impressive. 

Time will tell if GW2 is a run away hit, but some straight shooting VG bloggers I trust through past experience have all been blown away. Not just mildly surprised or satisfied, but hand down blown away. It is something new so the shine will dull to a certain extent, but there is enough footage right now (literally days worth) that even the most conservative critic would say hints at something solid. 

It has been a long time since something "solid" has come out in the MMO industry. The game will not be for everyone, but for what it is, most are saying it at the very least does it well. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Originally posted by Monorojo

Based on some random beta videos at that, stating the game has close to no faults and is the 2nd coming of the messaih?

That is just really really wierd to me. It seems like these people are in an alternate universe, where this fantasy that Guild Wars is the perfect game is actually a reality.

Some of us, you know, have actaully played the game.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Based on some random beta videos at that, stating the game has close to no faults and is the 2nd coming of the messaih?

That is just really really wierd to me. It seems like these people are in an alternate universe, where this fantasy that Guild Wars is the perfect game is actually a reality.

i guess a better question would be why do you care so much what said people thing?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

its not odd at all. It happens with every game. Sure im waiting impatiently for GW2 and im sure ill have tons of fun. But, do you remember how Swtor was gonna rape WoW and it wasnt even out yet?... same with Rift.

• CingeCinge Member Posts: 120

Go go blind hype and fantacism.(Pretty easy to spot the usual suspect too, *cough gw2 sig *cough.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Fans have been saying it about a lot of MMO's but in this case it might be true.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Lexin

Fans have been saying it about a lot of MMO's but in this case it might be true.

That's what they said about all the others, too.   

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Fion

^ This

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Actually, you know, it's perfectly possible to have a game that caters to exactly the sort of things you're specifically looking for.

It happens!  It helps if you look at design decisions. There's some people who love the hell out of games like Darkfall, and even though it's not for most people, it's the game for them, because it specifically makes decisions THEY want out of a game.

There are some people who love SWTOR so much, even now, they would sell their first born son for a lifetime sub.

So, invariably, unless the game is literally worse than every still-running MMO ever made, there will be people who have high hopes for it, and after it comes out, they'll be like 'fuck yeah!' and strumming their imaginary air  guitar and loving the hell out of it, and thinking this is Their Game.

It's just going to happen.  Sometimes you just find a game that clicks with what you want!

Will the people who say they love it be those people?  Maybe!  Some might.

I think I'm at an advantage, in that I've enjoyed some pretty amazingly crappy games, so GW2 would either have to totally fail on all their design premises or literally be so bad that everybody playing it has their eyeballs explode from looking at so much crap that it actually seeps in through their retinas and fills their head with digital poop.

... and if you think that's an exceedingly likely scenario, I would say you're more than making up for anybody hyping it, with your vehement unfounded anti-hype.  You're the yin to their yang!

Sorry I made you the female power in that comment, it's nothing personal, it's just it's always 'yin to yang', not 'yang to yin', so it was really a coincidence.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by Fion

Corection, you played the beta where the content you  experiened was controlled by Anet. Saying your limited playtime in beta is basis to claim the entire game will be amazing is, again, laughable at best.

• CingeCinge Member Posts: 120

Lol 95% of the people that say they have "played" are lying :P

I think quite a few people are going to be shocked that the game isnt some messiah of the genre  or re-inventing the MMO genre. Good , fun game yes, but you'd think it would be bringing the rapture the way people talk about it, especially on these forums and the guru forums.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I agree.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Just check ops post history.

The new EA/Bioware music division

edit - the fat lady is singing just out of frame to the left.

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

people assume it plays as well as the videos show. If it does it will be awesome...so no i do not find it odd.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

I do not understand how most of you get baited so easily.

OP it looks like your opinion is that it is P2W, you have stated this and also that you will not be touching it, so why even create a bait thread.

If this makes you sleep at night, by all means go for it. But to do it out of just sheer hatered its pretty horrible.

I knwo this is the internet but it does show somewhat of your character, please try to be a better person and maybe respect other's opinion as I respect that you opinion maybe right that it will be P2W, however this we will find out only when everything is on the table.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by Lexin

That's what they said about all the others, too.   

I still think GW1 is an amazing game so I would expect GW2 to be much better. So I'm going with them making it much better then GW1.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by atziluth

That's my point. No one knows about that kind of stuff. But, people push it as fact when it is pure speculation.

There is one major difference that I have seen. GW2 during the press weekends has allowed pretty much unfettered video of gameplay which includes bugs, glitches, and some of the raw points of GW2 beta right now. Now there is a ton of content which we don't know if the quality will be the same as what we have seen, but what has been shown so far by mainstream and bloggers alike has been impressive. 

Time will tell if GW2 is a run away hit, but some straight shooting VG bloggers I trust through past experience have all been blown away. Not just mildly surprised or satisfied, but hand down blown away. It is something new so the shine will dull to a certain extent, but there is enough footage right now (literally days worth) that even the most conservative critic would say hints at something solid. 

It has been a long time since something "solid" has come out in the MMO industry. The game will not be for everyone, but for what it is, most are saying it at the very least does it well. 

Why can't more people on this site give a respectful, civil response like this?

/tiphat

• ProbertProbert Member Posts: 18

EQ1 was an amazing ground breaking game, EQ2 not so much, just because there is a 2 after it doesnt mean its gonig to be better then the first.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by castamir11

Why do people turn to insulting SWTOR on a thread about GW2?

You would think they would have learned from the hype that game recieved (which is not even close to the current hype GW2 is getting) that they are setting themselves up for a hard smack across the face by reality REEEEAAAALLLY soon.

LOL this post is comming from someone who's most famous statement was "Why do people say if you like WoW you'll love Warhammer ....I hate Wow and I love Warhammer "

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by atziluth

This poster has probably responded with one of the most intellegent responses in the thread. At the very least, he's paid attention to his topic.

I haven't tried to verify his claims, but I have to believe he's not far off. It's a pretty compelling arguement. And I'm only mildly interested in GW2.

Originally posted by Probert

EQ1 was an amazing ground breaking game, EQ2 not so much, just because there is a 2 after it doesnt mean its gonig to be better then the first.

Talking about SOE so doesn't count.

Now you can say FFXIV also but they did a complete 360 from XI. Yeah FFXIV sucked for the longest but it has improved XI on the other hand has been a great game since day 1.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

For some of us, the details of the game's design, how it was designed and why it was designed the way it has been designed are the real meat of why the game looks to be great. Videos just give us a glimpse at how well the phenominal design, on paper, appears to be translating into an actual game. So far? So good.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

This discussion has been closed.