Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else find it odd that the game is not even released yet fans are already saying it is a fact

MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Based on some random beta videos at that, stating the game has close to no faults and is the 2nd coming of the messaih?

That is just really really wierd to me. It seems like these people are in an alternate universe, where this fantasy that Guild Wars is the perfect game is actually a reality.

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Monorojo

Based on some random beta videos at that, stating the game has close to no faults and is the 2nd coming of the messaih?

That is just really really wierd to me. It seems like these people are in an alternate universe, where this fantasy that Guild Wars is the perfect game is actually a reality.

But please remember, this isn't hype.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by niceguy3978

But please remember, this isn't hype.

LOL this is truly the most confounding part.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

that is usually how it works.

I've got the straight edge.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Odd?  No, this is pretty common.  it's been happening for a while now, at least with MMO's.  GW2 is the best thing ever, Archeage will revolutionize the sandbox gaming world, and the messiah is coming back...to play GW2 of course.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Have you been losing alot of sleep over this lately?image

• castamir11castamir11 Member Posts: 45

Why do people turn to insulting SWTOR on a thread about GW2?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by castamir11

It's a pretty easy target no matter what thread it comes up in.  I don't even take the OP seriously anymore, why should anyone take his threads seriously?

You would think they would have learned from the hype that game recieved (which is not even close to the current hype GW2 is getting) that they are setting themselves up for a hard smack across the face by reality REEEEAAAALLLY soon.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Didn't you get the memo? It's what the cool kids do to show off their uber cool pictures.

I agree with you Castamir11...I am no longer a SWTOR fanboy, but why bash the game? Bioware delivered the exact game they promised...why the hate?

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

It could be them or it could be you.  Are you the kind of person who needs everything spelled out for you with all the i's dotted and t's crossed?  Can you see  "gw2 will be a great game" as meaning "I HOPE gw will be a great game" without someone typing it that way?  If a dev said something about a game feature only to have it change during later stages of development, do you see that in a flexible way or does it stress you as you see it as a lie or the end of the world?

Things taken to extremes.............

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by Eir_S

It's a pretty easy target no matter what thread it comes up in.  I don't even take the OP seriously anymore, why should anyone take his threads seriously?

Yea just skim past his posts and look for the funny comments

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Anyone else find it odd that th game is not even released yet haters are already saying that it is a fact that it sucks?

Based on some random videos at that.

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

[Mod Edit]

I think you unintentionally highlight the real problem here... The OP did nothing to "trash a game" here.  He asked a very valid question, and now we have seen the results...

Yes because my post history is making anything I am saying less factual.

Are there numerous individuals already calling this game "amazing" and great" based on beta videos? Yes

Has the game even released? No

Is this unwarranted hype a constant theme over the past 6~ years of MMO games? Yes

How are people so blind to what is going on here? I am trying to help people back to earth yet it seems like the majority here are already too far gone to be helped.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

"Random beta videos?" I guess members of the press are nobodies, even the more popular ones.

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

God forbid someone have a hyped opinion of something in their life;  we should call the thought police right away!

Sacasm aside, am I suppose to be left with the impression that you've never, once in your life, been anxious about trying  something new?  Emotions are completely rational; what is irrational is, people who are empathically constipated around those who react normally to everyday scenarios.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

The irony of the OP.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

You would think they would have learned from the hype that game recieved (which is not even close to the current hype GW2 is getting) that they are setting themselves up for a hard smack across the face by reality REEEEAAAALLLY soon.

Yeah you are probably correct,I am going to regret my $60 GW2 purchase just like I regret my $50 GW purchase that I made 7 years ago./sarcasm off

Originally posted by Asheram

Yeah you are probably correct,I am going to regret my $60 GW2 purchase just like I regret my $50 GW purchase that I made 7 years ago./sarcasm off

Can't argue with that logic....becuse there is none in sight 0_0

Sequels have never sucked ever! Right guys!?!?! Right?!?!!?

Originally posted by Quenchster

"Random beta videos?" I guess members of the press are nobodies, even the more popular ones.

Now I am confused. When the press gives SWTOR a good review they are being paid off. When they give GW2 a good review they are reputable?!

Which is it?

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Now I am confused. When the press gives SWTOR a good review they are being paid off. When they give GW2 a good review they are reputable?!

Which is it?

SWTOR had ad-revenue flying into the pockets of the review sites and an NDA blocking just about all of the beta content. GW2 doesn't from what I know.

Here is a video for you.

Originally posted by Asheram

Can't argue with that logic....becuse there is none in sight 0_0

Sequels have never sucked ever! Right guys!?!?! Right?!?!!?

GW was fun for while I played it but never once have I regretted its purchase as I am quite confident I will not regret GW2,I am quite confident that I will find $60 worth of enjoyment from it at release and when I get bored move on to something else.But just like I did with GW pick it back up again 7 years later for no extra $$$ and jump back in an find more enjoyment when the mood strikes me.

So yes cant argue with that logic, I agree with you on that point.

Now if your post is actually about some psychology thing and trying to figure out why other people think how they do and think that somehow you will change their opinions, I think I could argue about the logic of that on a gaming sites forum.Because I doubt you will sway anyone elses opinions much.

Which is it?

SWTOR had ad-revenue flying into the pockets of the review sites and an NDA blocking just about all of the beta content. GW2 doesn't from what I know.

That's my point. No one knows about that kind of stuff. But, people push it as fact when it is pure speculation.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by atziluth

Originally posted by NMStudio

I think you unintentionally highlight the real problem here... The OP did nothing to "trash a game" here.  He asked a very valid question, and now we have seen the results...

Sorry what?

Saying this....

"Based on some random beta videos at that, stating the game has close to no faults and is the 2nd coming of the messaih?"

Is not a "valid" question. It is troll bait and does not actually discuss anything. There is a lot of information out there which indicates GW2 will be a solid game, but there has also been plenty of dialoge questioning certain aspects as well. 

The OP has a history of trashing GW2. So lets drop this pretense his intensions are anything but destructive. If he wanted a serious discussion he would not have phrased his post the way he did. 

Calm down atz, think about who you quoted and [why] they are saying what they are saying.

Now of course someone will be a smart ass "Because he has an opinion."

However we can play the pretend game on the forums, it's really easy to do so.

It happens not just with GW 2 though, see threads like this start, well for no damn reason but to start shit, the main ones agreing have a dislike for the game regardless, or just want some sort of revenge.

Now if we want we can click on page 2-5 you'll atleast see more topics about such n such then you will of the accusations.

Just like I suspected, it's always those that don't like this game shitting out that messiah phrase, than fans being serious about it.

Though Mono get at me when you find a cure for my Grandmother she has cancer as we speak, I played GW 2, it din't cure her as I thought it would.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

That's my point. No one knows about that kind of stuff. But, people push it as fact when it is pure speculation.

Did you see GW2 advertisements during the press beta? I didn't and that is why I don't know if they did.

This discussion has been closed.