Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame: Dungeon crawler mmo. does one exist?

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I know Dungeon runners shut down but is there any other mmo's preferably free to play that is a dungeon crawler with a good loot system etc? I am not picky about graphics as long as it at least looks like snes style or better I am happy... Hell I still love Terraria XD

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Not sure what you like - you could try DDO. (Dungeons $ Dragons Online).

Currently bored with MMO's.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

DDO was the closest I've gotten to dungeon crawler MMO.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Anarchy Online and City of Heroes/Villains has what's called "rogue-like" instances, meaning they are segments assembled randomly, making each trip somewhat different from the last.

Though, if you don't mind trudging the exact same maps over and over, there are many out there with far better gameplay; Dungeon Fighter Online, Dragon's Nest, Rusty Hearts, Vindictus, etc.

~oh, and DDO.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

could give a shot Path of exile, if you can get a hold of cb key. Its basically like a slightly upgraded diablo 2, with randomized dungeons. and lots, lots of different loot.

Unless you want 'real' dungeons, like old style games used to have (tibia,eq1,uo?, with different floors and not instanced?) in which case you could try Vanguard instead. Havent played it since release, but i believe that one has umm... real dungeons, with floors and everything, no? 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

could give a shot Path of exile, if you can get a hold of cb key. Its basically like a slightly upgraded diablo 2, with randomized dungeons. and lots, lots of different loot.

Unless you want 'real' dungeons, like old style games used to have (tibia,eq1,uo?, with different floors and not instanced?) in which case you could try Vanguard instead. Havent played it since release, but i believe that one has umm... real dungeons, with floors and everything, no? 

Never even heard of path of exile, but I'll check it out.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

or

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Path of Exile , if you want game like Diablo 2 (more so than D3)

Great game...but in closed beta right now.

Yeah I signed up maybe I'll get lucky and get into the CB sometime. I really need a game to play I am bored outta my mind.

or

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

You can pay $10.00 now and get instant beta access in POE. It is a development help campaign they have going on. The game is really nice too.

• archangelptxarchangelptx Member Posts: 91

Someone mentioned Anarchy Online free to play earlier. Missions are the instances you're thinking of and are very important to the gameplay, but not everything about the game. If you're interested I have about 14 people signing up to start fresh tonight. Check my other thread if you're interested. We're new player friendly, and I do love to help teach players how to get into the game. Just let me know! Hopefully we can keep you entertained lol.

Originally posted by archangelptx

Someone mentioned Anarchy Online free to play earlier. Missions are the instances you're thinking of and are very important to the gameplay, but not everything about the game. If you're interested I have about 14 people signing up to start fresh tonight. Check my other thread if you're interested. We're new player friendly, and I do love to help teach players how to get into the game. Just let me know! Hopefully we can keep you entertained lol.

Ahh I used to play AO back in the day, I got most expacs cept the most recent one, but the game is kinda a tad too.. dated for me now a days, not just in graphics but in gameplay.

or

Originally posted by bigsmiff

You can pay $10.00 now and get instant beta access in POE. It is a development help campaign they have going on. The game is really nice too.

I'm not into the whole paying for beta access deal.. if they have to do that I really worry about how long the game is going to last in the long run, if the devs are already having money issues.

or

• ProbertProbert Member Posts: 18

If you want Dungeon crawl, try Vanguard (its going FTP this summer) classic old school open world crawl. Some dungeons take days to get through.

• jliew911jliew911 Member Posts: 6

Though, if you don't mind trudging the exact same maps over and over, there are many out there with far better gameplay; Dungeon Fighter Online

• WagrumWagrum Member Posts: 56

Granado Espada / Sword 2 is the best dunfeon crawler mmo in my opinion.