Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll, who will buying tomorrow?

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by stragen001

Nope

I will never preorder/prepurchase an MMO again after the SWTOR fiasco. I normally manage to get into beta events anyway without preordering which is the main reason I used to do it. 

I am waiting until we have full disclosure on what items will be in the cash shop, and we see balanced reviews from real players. 

You said all I wanted to say...on this subject at least. :P

imageimage
  • TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

prepurchase without a doubt. I'm not concerned in the slightest about the cash shop or any other complaint that I've read about.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Yes, I'll be pre-purchasing tommorrow. I'll be picking up the standard digital version, as the digital deluxe version lacks permenant items to justify the extra cash. That extra $20 dollars will instead go towards some cash shop items. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

deluxe has an elite skill to summon a pet in combat, the pet only stays out for so long but it's an elite skill... thats awesome

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

I encourage everyone to not buy in order to support the travellers who still, in 2012, get regional locks.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Originally posted by neobahamut20

I encourage everyone to not buy in order to support the travellers who still, in 2012, get regional locks.

LOLOLOLOLOL...

Not happening. Buying 2

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

I am

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What would be the point?

I could see after they announce when Open-Beta starts but until then, what's the point?

There is no open beta for GW2...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Will purchase tomorrow. The question is, how much do I want to hurt the pocket book. The statue looks great.

wich pack from guildwars 2 will give you an elite skill ???

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Region lock? I didn't know it'll be region locks since they said there won't be any... Will there be?

The only mmorpg I know which had region locks this year was SWTOR.... 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I've always been curious about what kind of a person uses a video game statue to decorate their house. They must have 8 eyes instead of 4 and wear their underwear pre-wedgied.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Money in the bank.  Ready to feel the pleasure of being used by Anet.   :D

Hell, even if I did not have money ready to spend.  Ill let my account go into overdraft just to purchase it tomorrow.

( Yea,  I'm crazy like that :P )

BOOYAKA!

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by korent1991

Region lock? I didn't know it'll be region locks since they said there won't be any... Will there be?

SWTOR did not have region locks - they had a locked release...completely different.  For GW2, if you buy an EU version - you have to log in from the EU (server selection is unaffected)   They have however stated they're looking into remedies for frequent travellers.

Originally posted by colddog04

I've always been curious about what kind of a person uses a video game statue to decorate their house. They must have 8 eyes instead of 4 and wear their underwear pre-wedgied.

That could be said for many things. Some collect model cars, other Star Wars figures, maybe GI-Joe figures, others collect art, and others coins. Its just a hobby of a collector. Most collectors / hobbiest are completly normal people. Do you have a hobbie? I bet someone might think you are strange for it. Especially if its video games.

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by xenpt

wich pack from guildwars 2 will give you an elite skill ???

collectors and digital

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

It doesn't look to me that you can buy the CE from Anet.   Is that correct?

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Originally posted by korent1991

It'll be region locked, basically you need to buy the EU or NA versions to play from those (they have two datacenters, EU and NA). Aparently any region not covered defaults to NA, the page will list the correct version and price you'll need. The servers themselves will not be region locked, though, you can select any server you want to visit and/or play on and they said that NA and EU players will be able to play together from day 1.

EDIT: from their facebook:

Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.

Later they posted this one:

Here are some answers and clarifications for you! First, if you purchase the game from https://buy.guildwars2.com/ you'll automatically be sorted into the right region.

And don't worry -- we want you to play with your friends wherever you are. This policy only affects where you can login from -- not which worlds you can access. People from NA will be able to play with people from EU at launch. We've got two datacenters -- one in NA and one in EU. Those who do not fall into either of those two regions will default to the NA datacenter.

Finally, we are aware that a lot of our players travel, and we are looking into a solution for you.

Hope that helps some! ~RB2

What can men do against such reckless hate?

Originally posted by garretth

That is correct. Only the digital editions they provide.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Correct. They will only sell the digital versions themselves. To get the CE you need to go to one of the listed retailers on the link that's floating around somewhere.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

I already bought the CE from Gamestop.com. See y'all in game!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I have had my 3 copies of GW2 bought and paid for for a few months now at Game Stop so I'll not be getting the Digital Download version.  I just bought the normal copy.

Ratero.

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Correct. They will only sell the digital versions themselves. To get the CE you need to go to one of the listed retailers on the link that's floating around somewhere.

Listed retailers here. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Stephane_Lo_Presti/GW2_prepurchase_retailers_list

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

Just bought my CE from Gamestop as well.   Feeling good!

there are 2 digital