Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Does One Pre-Order?

schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72

Hello there,

I have a pretty awkward question to ask. So, the Guild Wars2 pre-order for the collector's edition starts on April 10, 2012, and I really want it. The problem is, where can I get it from, and when would I have to order it? I figure, since the game is so popular, the pre-orders for the Collector's Edition are going to be gone fast.

So, do you guys know where I will be able to pre-order the game, and when I would need to pre-order to ensure I get a copy?

P.S. US resident if it helps.

Comments

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

I know you can preorder from a lot of places. I am preordering mine from GameStop. But a lot of people do use Amazon though I have never used Amazon so I dont know how they are with preorders.

But in my personal experience, i have always used GameStop. Never had any problems with them.

• schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72

Do you think I'd have to show up the second the doors open to be able to pre-order at gamestop?

Also, if I were to pre-order from Amazon, would I be able to do it once 12:01 A.M. rolls over, or would I have to wait for some arbitrary time?

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by schrollbach

Do you think I'd have to show up the second the doors open to be able to pre-order at gamestop?

Also, if I were to pre-order from Amazon, would I be able to do it once 12:01 A.M. rolls over, or would I have to wait for some arbitrary time?

-No, you're generally able to pre-order at any time in the store or online at Gamestop, its only the date of release that getting it from the store can be... interesting

-I can't vouch for when Amazon will start taking preorders. Most likely, it would be just after midnight, but in which time zone? It could just as easily be:

-all the way east in GMT +12, the first instant of the day in question

-the central GMT time zone

-GMT-8, the time zone Amazon HQ is located

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

I have pre-ordered a game from both Amazon and Gamestop in the past. If you order the game on Amazon don't expect it at 12:01am. No delivery people like UPS, USPS work in the middle of the night. Where I live I always get my UPS last. So I am usually waiting until 6pm until I get my products. Some people get theirs earlier at like 8am or 9am, it really depends on the delivery people's schedule. If you pre-order from Gamestop you are guaranteed the game. So if you wait inline you are guaranteed it even if they are "sold out". So either way if you want it at 12:01, you'll most likely have to wait inline. Don't think it is possible for you to order online and get it at 12:01am. No delivery people work that late. 

edit: just saw you wanted to pre-order it at 12:01am. Not sure because with products like iphones, you can't pre-order at 12:01 exactly. You might want to check with a amazon rep and ask. They usually have support numbers and are generally very helpful. They also have a chat line for you to ask questions. 

also don't worry so much. I don't think they will run out of pre-orders. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Best Buy was added to the list as well.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/09/best-buy-us-stocks-up-on-guild-wars-2-collectors-editions/

Myself I am just going to buy the DIgital Download from Arenanet's website as I usually end up losing the phsycal copy anyhow.