Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Minutes of gameplay+Interview from...mmorpg.com

YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhhLZAFJmTs

- Explains how combat works.
- We can see the daily power of trickster rogue.
- Most of PVP features will be implemented shortly after launch. If game launches late 2012, then PVP stuff comes early 2013.
- It assures that there's a huge persistent open world to play in and not everything is instanced.
- Party size is 5.
- While there dungeons are solo optimized, game is about grouping so there is content designed to be taken on as a team.
- The game is 100% faithful to the most recent neverwinter campaign and salvatore books.
- The game has been developed in close contact with WoTC(weekly phonecalls and discussions on game decisions). WoTC in fact used some of ideas of Neverwitner mmo in their pen and paper franchise to set up the place for the mmo

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

wow, talk about getting caught off guard. This game looks awesome....Its sad that pvp is not really on their radar :(

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Kuppa

wow, talk about getting caught off guard. This game looks awesome....Its sad that pvp is not really on their radar :(

they sais PVP would be out early 2013.. how is that not on the radar?

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

GW2, TERA, Neverwinter...

Looks like tab-targetting and standing still is finally going the way of the dodo...thank goodness.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by skeaser

Looks like tab-targetting and standing still is finally going the way of the dodo...thank goodness.

To be honest this game had it before the aboved mentioned games.I actually think the combat system in RaiderZ pips Tera at the post,the mobs have better AI as well.

https://register.perfectworld.com/raiderz_splash

Originally posted by Sylvarii

To be honest this game had it before the aboved mentioned games.I actually think the combat system in RaiderZ pips Tera at the post,the mobs have better AI as well.

Hmm, just went into beta...I'll keep an eye out.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Hmm, just went into beta...I'll keep an eye out.

Raiderz seems to be a mix of Tera(but done infinitely better) and Monster Hunter in a sandboaxy open world environment.

Me likes.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Does look like fun combat.

I have my reservations due to Cryptic and Perfect World Entertainment, but will be keeping an eye on this one.

Especially if the Foundry stuff turns out well, could be a real game changer.

Originally posted by ariboersma

If it would be on their radar it would be released with the game. Not as an afterthought after the game releases.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

If it would be on their radar it would be released with the game. Not as an afterthought after the game releases.

As a F2P game they are probably just keen to get the game out the door and earning money before they focus on balancing PvP. If it means a better quality PvP system then I am all for them taking their time and releasing it slightly after launch.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Honestly, if I hadn't known the name of the game and just looked at that gamplay video, I would have thought the game was called "Kingdoms of Amalur Online."

Does anyone else get that impression from the game? It certainly doesn't look or feel like Neverwinter games. I guess I'm biased because I like the old Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter games.

Is this game out yet? What do you mean had it before those other games? Is it coming out before Tera or is this out in Asia already? Either way it does look kool and a lot like Tera. I just hope they change that horrible name at some point.

Originally posted by evilastro

As a F2P game they are probably just keen to get the game out the door and earning money before they focus on balancing PvP. If it means a better quality PvP system then I am all for them taking their time and releasing it slightly after launch.

If their pvp will completly separate from the rest of the game thats fine. But in MMO's you will probably want to incorporate pvp very early to have it be successful. Besides it definately shows priorities, and Im not saying that prioritizing pve over pvp is a bad thing. But for me a mainly pvper it is.

Originally posted by BadSpock

Does look like fun combat.

I have my reservations due to Cryptic and Perfect World Entertainment, but will be keeping an eye on this one.

Especially if the Foundry stuff turns out well, could be a real game changer.

Well at least Cryptic has CoX under their belt. There is hope that they learned from CO and STO.

For PWE they aren't developing and that's a good thing. They currently publish plenty of games that they haven't ruined. Torchlight, Blacklight: Retribution, Battle of the Immortals (I don't know much about it but I guess it's popular?)

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Not hopeful but I've been watching it. I prefer to just read the Salvatore books, to be honest, I'm not even much of a gamer lately. Reinstalled NWN Diamond and just picked up saints row: the thrid. Would really love an awesome D&D game again though. NWN has completely dated graphics since release lol NWN2 wasn't the same calibur and SOZ it's best exp was too short and had game mechanic issues.

Still think these games are focusing on the wrong elements.

Huh, what's a DDO and where is ebberon? Must be a lost latrine hole in the forgotten realms.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Cautiously optomisitc, but being FTP, don't have to be that cautious really.

Looks like many of the things I'd like to have seen in DDO.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

looks fun

But holy god that video was poor quality. I have seen youtubers with better videos then that.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

so now  no auto attack = action combat? doing exactly same but having auto attack= lame horrible 2000 combat? hilarious, how can they call that action combat in any way, shape or form,

look at me i jump all around = action, look at me i got blink backstab = dodge + jump = total action

oh look here i am standing still bashing his head, he hits me, but i did press the button , so its OKAY ITS ACTION COMBAT,

mount and blade have action combat, and thats now what 5 years old game, with what many could say barely constitutes action combat because its still very limited, yet it miles above this and 99% of other  " action combat games "

not having auto attack, and having character jump all over the place with push of a button doesnt constitutes as action, why  werent those korean mmos in 2002 , when you casted spell whole screen would go kaboom called action, i thought we grew out of that OMFG FIRE LIGHTING SNOW 999999 EFFECTS ON MY SPELL , thing. wow had simple spells, and so many other mmorpgs, now its back to that, every mmorpg again getting flashier and flashier,

and then action combat version 2, code name BS was born..

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

You know, some of us play RPGs specifially so we don't have to put up with fast action combat and the action addicted spaz monkies who are drawn to them.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Personally I love live action and true turn based. It's the middle stuff I tolerate. We're just now getting to real live action, KOA was great, this being a mmo won't be as good. But whatever the designers decide Action vs Turned, I hope for the best for that genre. We got a number of Turn Based Kickstarters coming are way, yay.