Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll, who will buying tomorrow?

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

you get beta if you pre-puchase.... sooooo yes

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

IM GONNA. Only down side is we will have to wait for official launch. I may get bored and buy DiabloIII in the meantime.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Nope.  Bad timing.  If it was released 2 or 3 months ago I would of skipped SWTOR and bought GW2.  Now I'm just waiting for D3.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by stragen001

Nope

I will never preorder/prepurchase an MMO again after the SWTOR fiasco. I normally manage to get into beta events anyway without preordering which is the main reason I used to do it. 

I am waiting until we have full disclosure on what items will be in the cash shop, and we see balanced reviews from real players. 

play the game yourself and be your own point of view you dont need to see what hater people need to post or what lover need to post  .

play the game yourself  and tell yourself  whats bad thing you see in the beta test  , just remember beta is beta is a test phase thing will change and the cash shop  you can have the same item in game  as anet say in the conference and the best part nothing give you advantage against other player  like gw1 cash shop

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by GWFandaddy

Standard digital edition for me.  No p2w items in the deluxe or CE!  What were/are they thinking?  Nevertheless, the savings from buying the cheaper edition will allow me to purchase the uber Ringmasters top hat of whoop-ass, from the p2w, er, I mean the CS!  Then all of your circus animals are belong to me!  muahahaha!

Not me. I will wait until I see some reviews from other gamers. I'm reserved about pre-ordering anything since my final fantasy fiasco. 

Hi GWFandaddy.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Kuppa

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What would be the point?

I could see after they announce when Open-Beta starts but until then, what's the point?

Have you ever pre ordered anything?

Never

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

What would be the point?

I could see after they announce when Open-Beta starts but until then, what's the point?

Have you ever pre ordered anything?

Never

Smart man, or woman.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by ariboersma

What would be the point?

What on Earth does OB have to do with wanting to play a game.. I mean sure if haven't been able to decide yet but there is so much footage and reviews of GW2 that how could you not know it will be worth the money by now? 

Because Pre purch gets you into OB

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Nope

I will never preorder/prepurchase an MMO again after the SWTOR fiasco. I normally manage to get into beta events anyway without preordering which is the main reason I used to do it. 

I am waiting until we have full disclosure on what items will be in the cash shop, and we see balanced reviews from real players. 

I'm going to play if they release with turds as swords, and all the characters look like gumby.  It's $60, woopdeedoo!!! Who cares about a fricken cash shop, make the game what you want it to be and don't worry about others. Anyway, that is my view!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

We are going to prepurchase standard digital.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

CE for me.

Because you know what? I didn't buy Rift, because I saw where it was going, I didn't buy FFXIV, because I saw where it was going, and I didn't buy SWtOR, because I saw where it was going...

So I am gonna go with my run of sound judgements and pre-order GW2, because I can see where it is going.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I will if I remember.  I told a friend I would play with him so I have no reason to not order now.  The game looks different enough from other MMOs to get my attention and I found GW1 to be a really fun game so I don't think GW2 will let me down too much.  

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Blub4

you can actually prepurchase in germany already... http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_163501747_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000630223&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0RZR2VRFRRCKEAQCHWNA&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=290000247&pf_rd_i=B0071MEF38

and amazon already send the boxes out... you just cant register it atm though.

If you take a look at the publication date on the Standard and Collector's edition (DVD) after clicking that link, it says 30 June 2012.

Does this mean that's when GW2 will be released? :D

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I will buy the game tomorrow.
  • Buying two Digital (standards) tomorrow.  We decided that Rytlock would have to find a home in somebody elses house.  Instead we can each spend $30 in cash shop at launch for character slots, bank slots, bag slots, and sheesh I can't make up my mind - does the cooks outfit come with a chef's hat?  Or the ringmasters hat.... :)

• LooneyLadLooneyLad Member Posts: 13

Buying 2 standard digital editions tmorw.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Already paid for the CE, need to add 2 Digi-Deluxe for the kids. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Just wanted to get a feel for pre purchases and pre order around here.

wish i could but just spent a whole buncha money on the parts to build a new computer. so it will have to wait. :)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I won't buy the game tomorrow. I don't pay full price for games which don't even have a release date. Preordering is one thing, prepurchasing is asking too much. I also find the online store price too high.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• neelneel Member UncommonPosts: 9

I will be buying tomorrow

ttp://medias.luna-atra.fr/gw2/char_tool/CT_imageGenerator.php?pseudo=Re'ir&lang=EN&code=TSwtLDMsLSwyLC0sMyw5LDE2LDE3LDE4LC0sOSwzNiw1OCw2Miw2Ng%3D%3D

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Nope

I voted NO as well.I couldn't have stated my feelings better than you so elequently did in your post.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I'm going to be pre-purchasing the physical standard edition. The retailer that I'm going to choose is Amazon.com.

"How does physical Pre-Purchase work?

Physical Pre-Purchase for Guild Wars 2 is only available at select retailers. The details of how this will work will differ slightly depending on which edition customers purchase and where they purchase it.

• Standard Edition (North America)—Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive a Pre-Purchase serial code. They will then go to https://register.guildwars2.com and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Guild Wars 2 account and apply the serial code, which will give them access to Beta Weekend Events, the Hero's Band digital item, and three-day Headstart Access to the final game. When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to the retailer with proof of purchase to receive the full Standard Edition box and retail serial code. They will need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days to continue playing without interruption."
  • BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Me. The Digital Deluxe. But I have never bought a Pocket Fisherman,Shamwows, or anything like that. I did preorder AOC,and SWTOR, but don't tell anyone. It is kind of embarrassing.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Amjoco

Nope

I'm going to play if they release with turds as swords, and all the characters look like gumby.  It's $60, woopdeedoo!!! Who cares about a fricken cash shop, make the game what you want it to be and don't worry about others. Anyway, that is my view!

Philisophical gold!  Nice post.