Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Fresh in Anarchy Online... Anyone down to join?!

archangelptxarchangelptx Member Posts: 91

Hey guys. Been wanting to jump back in to Anarchy Online lately but a few of my usual buddies have been too busy to play. We were on SWTOR but decided to take a break since some of us had to take time off to handle real life problems and couldn't sub.

Just wondering if anyone else is down to start fresh and play together? Might give the sci-fi lovers like myself a decent fix for the time being, despite the graphics the gameplay is still fresh and worthwhile. I'm noob friendly also, so I have no problem helping new players out. Send me a message or list yourself here and let's get started. It's free to play for basic game

I wanted to play Clan, probably a Fixer, Martial Artist, Meta Physicist, or Bureaucrat... maybe even Doctor? I dunno. Let's get the ball rolling! We can start our own organization with a few members, or we can find a larger one to help us get started.

Rimor (RK2) Server, Clan Faction

Send a /tell to Omegabladex/Melchoir, Rinoic, Dalmar, or Spurlock/Verce for an invite! 

----ACTIVE MEMBERS OF QUANTUM RESOLUTIONS----

1. Arch (Omegabladex) {Fixer}

2. Miguelzxz (Rinoic) {Engineer}

3. Spurlock9999 (Spurlock) {Soldier} (Verce) {Enforcer}

4. Potaco (Uribin) {Martial Artist}

5. Mazrak (Mazrak) {1H Blunt Enforcer}

6. Muckland (Muckland) {Trader}

7. Lazarus71 (Lazarin) {Martial Artist}

8. Allizar (Drexen) {Doctor}

9. Parahmansa (Parahmansa) {Adventurer}

10. JuKuG (Tiar) {Nano Technician}

11. Norman728 (Crimsa) {Adventurer}

12. Myrdynn (Skiian) {Meta-Physicist}

13. Azureblaze (Dalmar) {Bureaucrat}

14. kelfer (Letrocknroll) {Fixer}

15. Deathzor1337 (dealthzor1337) {Soldier}

16. Cukimonga (Ranashiv) {Agent}

17. Sykozen (Sykozen)

----NOT YET ACTIVE----

1. Damnemma {Doctor}

2. Shelvinarr

3. Wilbus 

4. AgentAnarkii

5. Kimahris

6. drakes821

7. Ald087

8. Engellen

9. Goddwynn

10. Angelus20 {Adventurer}

11. tnk0072 (zanzorian)

12. Munsil42

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I actually just started a new character today to check the pop and it is still going pretty strong believe it or not......I wouldn't be able to join your group but thought you should know there are still people playing.....Also there is supposed to be a new graphics engine soon (yeah like we havent heard that for several years).

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

I'll be doing a show on AO April 23rd.  Hopefully we can help answer some of those pesky new engine questions.

-Grak

• archangelptxarchangelptx Member Posts: 91

Yeah, I know it's still quite populated and going strong. I just figured it would be cool to get a group going fresh from here rather than in game. Just an idea, I'm starting regardless sometime this weekend, just trying to get people with! Haha. Any takers?

• ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89

I'm down to join, I haven't played AO in forever. I'd be interested in making either a Nano Tech, Fixer, or Meta-Physicist depending on what the party needs.

• WilbusWilbus Member Posts: 2

I am down to play, though I have not played Anarchy Online . I game all the time and have played many many MMORPG's and I am always looking to play something new. Just let me know, I am downloading the game and I will jump on a check things out in the mean time...

1. Arch

2. Shelvinarr

3. Wilbus

Awesome, I plan on starting tomorrow night pacific standard time. Rimor server, Clan side. Anyone else in? Are you guys free around then? I'd prefer playing a Fixer.

• ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89

What time PST?

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

i've never played AO, would be down to try it, sign me up! Also some general info of the game would be nice :D

- AgentAnarkii

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

Looking for something to play til 15 may (D3 :D) ..I might be interested in joining. Im more into dealing damage and never played Arch so..Let me know what class to get in the clan side and your char name and see ya ingame :D

Nice! My younger brother decided to play too so that's a good number. I'll be on tonight around 10 or 11 PST cause I unfortunately won't be home until then. 

We have one Adventurer and one Fixer. 

Shelvinarr, I think having a Nano Technician would be great, or a Meta Physicist if you want.

Wilbus, Agent, and Kim, go ahead and install it and check out the classes.

Kim if you want to DD you should check out Martial Artist, Soldier, or Enforcer. I suggest avoiding Agent unless you're a pro, as they are difficult to play as a new player.

We could use a Doctor, a Trader (difficult to play but rewarding), a Bureaucrat (calming / crowd control), but really as long as we have a tank and healer we have flexibility in classes.

Pick what you want and let's have fun! My brother is already in and is named Parahmansa. Remember Clan side, Rimor server! I'm excited, let's rock. I'll post my in game name up as soon as I know what my new Fixer will be called.

Just got home, about to log and create. Anyone start yet? Names?

I'm Omegabladex. See y'all in game!

• damnemmadamnemma Member Posts: 3

ive never played before, you mind taking in a noob?

Not at all, I'm very noob friendly. It can be pretty complicated at times so come on in. Go ahead and get everything downloaded/installed/patched. We're on Rimor, Clan side, but for now just get in and pick your class. There's a good tutorial on the noob zone to get you started on the basics.

I started last night but only went to like level 8 or so before I had to sleep for work. I'll be on again around 9-10pm PST, but hopefully earlier depending on when the girlfriend wants to have dinner heh.

Anyone else still interested? I'm putting in game names in parenthesis since we don't really have another method of communicating yet (and not sure if everyone is in game yet or not).

2. Shelvinarr {Nano Technician, Meta Physicist, Fixer?}

3. Wilbus 

4. AgentAnarkii

5. Kimahris {Enforcer, Soldier, Adventurer, Martial Artist?}

6. Damnemma {Doctor}

7. Parahmansa (Parahmansa) {Adventurer}

8. Rinoic (Rinoic) [Friend] {Engineer}

Nice group we got going! I'm excited. Let me know your in game names and classes as soon as possible and we can use this or Vent or something until we get an organization going or join one.

It would be nice if we had a Doctor but if not I can reroll my character on another account and use my old Doctor to heal slave/dual box. Prefer it we didn't have to though! ;)

Also, note: For new players, free account users are called Froobs (Free Noobs). You can check out http://www.aofroobs.com/ for a lot of good information and guide on starting. Or you can log in and ask me. =P

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

That's awesome.  I like seeing posts like these.

If I hadn't already re-subbed for RIFT, I'd be down to try it, but keep the thread alive!  Older games worthy of notice deserve a second chance!

• damnemmadamnemma Member Posts: 3

ill be doctor

Originally posted by damnemma

ill be doctor

Awesome, glad to know I won't have to dual box. Haha. Let me know what your in game name is when you get in so we can connect!

3. Wilbus 

4. AgentAnarkii

6. Damnemma {Doctor}

• potacopotaco Member Posts: 82

I made a Martial Artist named Uribin... Not sure if I can really commit to a long-term group, but I will be playing tonight and tomorrow for sure. I've only played up to around level 10 in the past before giving up due to feeling alone :( , so it'd be nice to have some people to chat with.

It's alright, I don't think any of us are making a hardcore committment. Just trying to get by in the slow times (and broke times). Welcome to the group!

Hope to see you on later tonight. I may need to remake my character to another account in case there's a need for me to dual log my Doctor (for implant twinking or whatever buffs), but I'll post my name if needed.

3. Wilbus 

4. AgentAnarkii

6. Damnemma {Doctor}

9. Potaco (Uribin) {Martial Artist}

• GoddwynnGoddwynn Member Posts: 49

Im in downloading now and will send my name ASAP

• JuKuGJuKuG Member Posts: 14

Also downloading the game atm.

Nice, excellent. Thanks Goddwynn and JuKuG. Let me know what you guys decide when you can! I'll add everything here. I'm surprised that there's this much interest, but I'm excited! Looks like we'll need to set up an organization in game tonight or tomorrow to keep us all communicating in game. We may even need to split into 2 groups for partying purposes LOL.

Remember, Rimor server, Clan faction!

3. Wilbus 

4. AgentAnarkii

6. Damnemma {Doctor}

7. Parahmansa (Parahmansa) {Dual 1H Edge Adventurer}

9. Potaco (Uribin) {Martial Artist}

10. Goddwynn

11. JuKuG

12. Angelus20 {Adventurer}

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

[RP] You terrorist scum, you will be defeated! I offer 100M collectively if you turn to side of good and order the glorius Omni-Tek!

Remember Omni-Tek provides![/RP]

Yep I will do it ;D

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

It almost sounds like fun. You guys have more than enough to start an Org.

If I were to ever go back, I'd want the expansions and I'd play on RK1. Although, I was briefly associated with Komodo on RK2 back in the day.

[RP] You can't bribe us with your dirty money you corporate swine! Freedom to the Clans![/RP]

You should start a counter group to us and go Omni. Would be pretty interesting to race up and just duke it out from time to time? ;)

@Geezer: Yeah, I'm trying to get my old org buddies to jump back in too, but we'll probably make a new org soon anyway.

• Angelus20Angelus20 Member Posts: 7

I'll be joining too!  I'll be an advy, not sure char name yet...I have to DL when I get a chance which will hopefully be on the 11th.  I've been looking for a small group to try out AO for, haven't played anything in a long time but in the future Im up for some D3 / gw2 perhaps...anyways AO and Legend of Grimlock for the near future