Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date spotted on MetaCritic?

MothurMothur Member Posts: 19

I am aware stores use a placeholder release date on pre-orders, but since MetaCritic does not make any money from placing a placeholder I see no reason to assume this is a merely a guess.  MetaCritic reports the game to release in almost 78 days which translates to 27th June 2012, what do you think?

Source: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Too early I guess, with beta starting at end of April, I would say around August release

RIP Orc Choppa

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

I would say too early.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by arctarus

Too early I guess, with beta starting at end of April, I would say around August release ..

Where did you see the end of April? Not saying your lieing or anything I just must have missed that info. I guess it would make sense though since the last 2 weekend press events where at the end of the month.

Anyway I would agree that anytime before August would be to early. Press have pointed out plenty of things that need more polish and thats with 2 races being hidden at this point. And no saying "we dont want to spoil everything" doesnt fly. If thoes comments have shown us anything its that means thoes areas arent even close to being ready.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

/Yawn

*Press Play*

This release date is just a guesstimate/placeholder and the game has had them since Nov 2010. This is nothing new and it's best to just wait for an official announcement at this point.

*Press Stop*

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

No one knows the exact release date... not sure why people still post threads like these.. they just put a release date guess so that people will pre-order however I don't think that date is unreasonable... especially considering how much change they made between the two press betas.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Too early I guess, with beta starting at end of April, I would say around August release ..

The beta weekends for those who pre-purchase are said to be starting at the end of April.  There have been previous beta weekends, most notably the two press weekends.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

What month is Juny? Do you mean July or June?

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I would guess they are using the same placeholder date as everyone else. Still I say august or september. 

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53

Originally posted by Xtromass

What month is Juny? Do you mean July or June?

the site says 77 days X amount of hours, mins etc till the game is released, so if you work that out it is the end of June, the very last weekend.

i am NOT SAYING i think it will be released then, but we can hope!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Beta started last year...  April means just that the last stage of beta will start.  On top of that most testing has been done in house.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I would say June/July is a good date for it. But SWTOR took like 6months after its pre-order was announced, so you never know.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by xenogias

Where did you see the end of April? Not saying your lieing or anything I just must have missed that info. I guess it would make sense though since the last 2 weekend press events where at the end of the month.

Anyway I would agree that anytime before August would be to early. Press have pointed out plenty of things that need more polish and thats with 2 races being hidden at this point. And no saying "we dont want to spoil everything" doesnt fly. If thoes comments have shown us anything its that means thoes areas arent even close to being ready.

First beta weekend event to br exact. :

http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-three

When do Beta Weekend Events (BWEs) start, and how many will there be? The first BWE is currently planned for late April, and we expect to have one every month or so. The schedule is subject to change and will be confirmed at a later date. Currently, we do not know how many of these events we will have.

RIP Orc Choppa

• MothurMothur Member Posts: 19

Whoopie, I ment June! We call it "Juni" in Dutch so hence why I misspelled it.

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Sounds like it's about June 26th.  Metacritic probably just decided to use the placeholder date at gamestop, and have no more official information than anyone else.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

this thread should've been locked by now

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

Everytime some placeholder date is put on some random website we get a thread like this.  We seriously have some extremely gullible people on these threads.

Anet is not releasing the game until the day they say they are going to release the game.  This has been said since the beginning of them developing the damn thing.  Stop being fooled so easily people.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

When there is an actual release date you'll know.

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Not sure what makes people think Guild Wars 2 is going to release in the next 2-3 months. Might see your first beta weekend late April, and I'm guessing they don't want to show off too much of the game so I'd have to assume 1-2 weekends a month from there on out.

Watching videos is one thing, but if you listen to guys like TB and some others you'll hear them say the game is in fact good, that's not the issue. However, they also say there are plenty of things that still need to be worked on (some say animations coudl use work, their questing system still needs tweaked) and then of course there are things like "balance", bugs, and optimization being a big part of it if they want WvW to succeed at all.

I personally think somewhere between August - October *shrug*. Let's be honest..Anet knows you will buy the game 2 months from now or 6 months from now if you really are interested. The worst thing you can do is have a crappy release/first couple months in really any game. I guess it all comes down if they're being pressured or not.

Not sure if people are aware how easy coding a game isn't.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by GWFandaddy

Sounds like it's about June 26th.  Metacritic probably just decided to use the placeholder date at gamestop, and have no more official information than anyone else.

Nice. I'm interested to see the game come out so I can take a look at the reviews. 

Hi GWFandaddy

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

The Pre-Order just popped up in our game store and the date set is 22.06.2012.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.