Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't know why so many people looking to 1.2 as saviour

Just reading the official forums and so many people are saying wait till 1.2 and see how many people come back.  I can answer that question right now, none!  1.2 simply does not address any of the core reasons that have caused this game to fail so badly.

Comments

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

Every dying MMORPG has it's "Miracle patch" that would, supposedly, stop the bleeding subs, revive the game and make it into the WoW-killer. Every so-called "Miracle patch" so far has mostly failed to do the aboves, and the fanboys keep pushing the "Miracle patch" tag on the next patch.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I'd have to agree... there is nothing in Patch 1.2 that solves the games core issues. 

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Don't feed em'

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

I had far more fun in the beta then when this game went live. Then again I didn't reach lvl 50 in the beta.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

I can't believe how freaking slow they are with this patch.  I know they are putting in quite a bit, but this needed to come out at least a month ago if not longer.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Every MMO has a "miracle" patch and/or update that will save the game's failures.  This game is flawed from the core concepts and no miracle patch will save it.  That is my opinion though, and most will disagree.

• cagarcagar Member Posts: 98
    I play swtor, and I enjoy it. There, I said it. I will like it even better when I can move my ui around. Why is 1.2 considered the savior patch? Because someone that means something to someone somewhere said it. Besides them adding things that should have been in at launch tho, one op and one fp is hardly a savior

70 monk eq1
    80 bruiser eq2
    43 druid wow
    Currently playing : rift

• sekirasekira Member UncommonPosts: 76

No amount of patches can fix a WoW clone that is fundamentally broken and was destined to fail from the start.

I actually liked Warhammer Online more than this game and got more hours out of it than TORtanic before I got bored and quit.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Thats funny actually the majority of people I know that I play SWTOR w/ think 1.2 will be the final nail in the coffin.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Core issues for me were no lfg system, lack of progression that doesn't involve raiding, ability lag, terrible PvP, terrible balance, level 50s in bgs(ok that one was fixed but not in time), absolutely zero economy, little customization.

A Star Wars came with no economy? Unbelievable. Raiding and bad PvP should not be the only options for end game - there are 500,000 other MMOs with that option.

SWTOR is just a bad raiding game with worse PvP.

1.2 does nothing to alleviate those problems. 

Does the dark side still have 90% sorcs in the BGs? How can that not be a clue to the devs?

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Originally posted by Vladamyre

I had far more fun in the beta then when this game went live. Then again I didn't reach lvl 50 in the beta.

When i was playing the beta there were more people to see and it was more fun.when the game released i was feeling like i was playing a single player game

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It isn't a savior patch because the game doesn't need saving.

What it is, however, is a HUGE content patch for those of us that like the game.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by sekira

No amount of patches can fix a WoW clone that is fundamentally broken and was destined to fail from the start.

I actually liked Warhammer Online more than this game and got more hours out of it than TORtanic before I got bored and quit.

how about an EQclone because your little WoW needs some alot of help also. LMFAO.  And personally i am also enjoying the game and dont necessary look at this patch to be the "savor" patch.  But i still think the game has lots of potential though.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Well their first correct move is reducing tracer/grav's damage by 10%, but any merc/commando under level 40 will still be spamming it, I guarantee it but the tradeoff is heatseeker doing 10% more damage (on live it can easily crit 6K+ damage) and also reducing power shot/charged bolts damage which is completely uncalled for (it's the worst attack in the class).

Other than that, nerfing operative's dps, nerfing heals across the board, etc. are just not gonna change much. My operative is a healer but when I was dps spec doing HM and operations, as of right now operatives lack sustained damage for HM's and operations, in 1.2 sustained dps won't even exist and burst dps is falling even furhter down, try doing some EV after 1.2, you'll basically be one of the last to kill those individuals (be it a 73K health marauder or assassin). Lethality spec isn't even an option, it was good in Black Talon HM, but that's about it, if you have an operative, spec it heals and keep it that way for HM/operations.

So no, 1.2 won't change or fix some of the problems that exists, it might even add more problems. Taking away centurion and champion armor for people that spent time gearing up... more time to spend to gather Battlemaster pieces, level 50 pvp is a joke anyways, I always had more fun in the 10-49 bracket.

Originally posted by Golelorn

Does the dark side still have 90% sorcs in the BGs? How can that not be a clue to the devs?

The devs embrace the popularity of sorcerer/sages, search through their dev tracker and you'll see a mass majority of responses are in those specific class forums compared to every other class forums- their post count for sorc/sage is in the 80's while their post count for operative/scounderal is exactly 7 (one being a troll attempt). They're catering to the mass populated class, and from what I've seen on combat log parses from PTS, sorc is right up there near the top in dps so expect to continue seeing lightning/telekinesis spammers after 1.2.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by dubyahite

It isn't a savior patch because the game doesn't need saving.

What it is, however, is a HUGE content patch for those of us that like the game.

Oi! you cannot say that in a thread like this you must be deluded to actually enjoy the game and be excited for 1.2. Because the OP has seen "so many people" that it must be true. I'm unsubbing now just to show Bioware what a frikking mess they made of their game thanks OP I have seen the light. image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

Originally posted by Mackeh

Just reading the official forums and so many people are saying wait till 1.2 and see how many people come back.  I can answer that question right now, none!  1.2 simply does not address any of the core reasons that have caused this game to fail so badly.

You are correct, it is not a saviour patch.

It does not need to be saved.  Just updated and enhanced.  Exactly what 1.2 is doing.

eqnext.wikia.com

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by matraque

It does not need to be saved.  Just updated and enhanced.  Exactly what 1.2 is doing.

agreed. Some people here have no clue over what failure means. To them it means I don't like it so its a failure. To the millions playing, its doing alright and needs some enhancements just like every other MMO before it.

There Is Always Hope!

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by keithian

agreed. Some people here have no clue over what failure means. To them it means I don't like it so its a failure. To the millions playing, its doing alright and needs some enhancements just like every other MMO before it.

Where are these millions you speak of? I'm looking....looking....oh there's a guy....wait he just logged.

What 1.2 does not address is the lack of social tools which is one of the core problems. They can make things as pretty as they want or ugly in repect to the new armor but I can find nothing in the game now or in that patch to encourage social interaction. Just getting in a group to do raids and whatnots isn't even close.

Where are the dueling rings in the fleet?

Where are player run events?

Where are GM run events that would go out as a rallying cry for everyone to get to Mos Eisley and beat off the crazed Tuskens or whatever?

Is there any reason to have a guild other than if you lucky enough to find a guild thats good with raiding groups so you don't have to wait an hour in queue?

Why are there cantinas if they don't do anything? This is Star Wars, cantinas should be the center of everything and would give people a reason to cross paths.

I could keep going but get the picture to some of the reasons people are calling this single player other than the dumbed down soloable content and group discouraging cut scenes?

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

I agree it isn't a saviour patch.  If you don't like swtor no patch they put is gonna change your mind.  on the other hand if you do enjoy swtor, this patch is adding alot of cool things that are going to be fun.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by keithian

Ditto. If you already like the game then this is will keep you playing. If you hate the game, no patch is going to change that .

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

Cant belive this old thread still on about the PATCH 1.2 the game will only gonna put things the game miss from the begining basic UI and questfinder  and diferent customisation like others mmo have the game just miss it from the begining and because some people ask for it now they gonna implement it in game  ,then add a new pvp map nothing  great .

the game still the same patch gonna  bring nothiing new  other what they miss from begin and that will change nothing .

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by dadante666

Cant belive this old thread still on about the PATCH 1.2 the game will only gonna put things the game miss from the begining basic UI and questfinder  and diferent customisation like others mmo have the game just miss it from the begining and because some people ask for it now they gonna implement it in game  ,then add a new pvp map nothing  great .

the game still the same patch gonna  bring nothiing new  other what they miss from begin and that will change nothing .

I suggest you actually read the patch notes.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Bardus

Why are there cantinas if they don't do anything? This is Star Wars, cantinas should be the center of everything and would give people a reason to cross paths.

Come on, everyone knows airport concourses are so much cooler to hang out in than a bar.

Originally posted by dadante666

There's way more to it than just a new WZ and custom UI, each class got some adjustments (bar assassin and shadow). Half of those were unneeded nerfs, such as merc's power shot and operative's reduced damage and longer cooldown on some attacks while the much needed adjustments (lethality) got ignored. The tracer missile/grav round spam and double force binding were much needed nerfing/fixing, but that was about it.