Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Count Down Until Pre Purchase!!

Comments

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Cant wait to start my (Hopefully) Asura Guardian on beta!

Uhh... what?

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Auzy

Cant wait to start my (Hopefully) Asura Guardian on beta!

OMG I was thinking the same thing, Asura Guardian with 2h Hammer >_< Or 2h Giant Sword!!!  lmao

My other choice was Warrior Asura but guardian is more and more recently calling my name.

THose little guys seem like a great alternative for me to help test the game during beta since I most likely will be Norn or Human upon launch.

For the next 3 days I'm fine tuning Guardians of the Garter Website, click my sig below to see, to start serious recruitment for post April 10th betas.

We are a social guild but desire gamers who enjoy improving their game play and experience.  We will take PvP some what serious but make it extremely enjoyable.  We'll be focusing on recruiting large numbers of people from Europe and NA to give our guild a high number of players to help defend or attack strategic points within WvW.

Netflix and Hulu have become my hold over until GW2... Been researching software for Podcasting and Video recording for once the game launches.  If you know of any awesome software let me know.

Other then that what are you planning to do for the next 3 days until April 10th?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I've been watching a lot of Netflix too.  I've also nearly exhausted my MP3 list playing Audiosurf.  After the 10th, it's going to be an even more arduous wait since I'll effectively own something I can't play.

It'll be like I forgot to pay in a sub fee game lol

I already feel twitchy, itchy, un easy, nervous, and paranoid waiting as it is.  Thanks a lot for pointing it out that after April 10th I'll own it and then just need to wait until the next Beta weekend to test it... AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!!

Picking a race and profession, I can't choose.

Looking at the nights of sleep I'll soon lose.

Once the game is released what will you do?

How many days until Pre Purchase of Guild Wars 2?

2, Two, TWO!!!!!

2 days until Pre Purchase (>_<) give meh mai game!!!

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Raekon

Just two days for me cause Amazon sent me a email that my prepurchase is on its way. ^_^

It will be delivered this saturday at the 7th April and I'm totally excited!  :) 

Let us know how that turns out for you. ;)

It turned greatly cause I received the box yesterday! :D

The box includes only a code though with which I can register the game and get a download link for it.

The prepurchase code also gives me:

- 3 days headstart

- access to all beta events

- a Heros Ring (in game item).

These were all the YAY Factor things!

The MEH factor was that I went to the site I'm supposed to register the game and it wasn't available yet. x_X

It probably opens at the 10th when the ANet sales are starting.

Not a problem thought. I still got what I wanted and don't have to wait for it anymore. :)

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by Quenchster

Originally posted by Raekon

Just two days for me cause Amazon sent me a email that my prepurchase is on its way. ^_^

It will be delivered this saturday at the 7th April and I'm totally excited!  :) 

But Amazon only has a pre-order for GW2 that I know of. Is there a pre-purchase page somewhere?

If you search for Guild Wars 2 it will take you to the standard edition without Beta Access and goodies.

The standard Edition gives you the normal game(will get delivered in June) and 1 day headstart.

If you want the limited prepurchase version you need to go to the Special Event Site (they sent me a link into my email because I had preordered the standard edition before to notify me about the prepurchase possibility).

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_163501747_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000630223&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0A2PB7PQRPAVHWGXBW2A&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=290000247&pf_rd_i=B0071MEF38

There you see that there are two standard editions:

- standard edition (without beta access)

- standard edition - with beta access

The one with beta access is the prepurchase version I got delivered at saturday (yesterday) and it contents a code in the box with informations on where to register the game and get the download (unfortunately not available till the 10th april) so you can enter the next beta weekends.

This edition gives you also the 3 days headstart (instead of 1) and a Hero*s Ring in game item.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

what timezone is this all happening in anyway?

One is the loneliest number

ONE is the loneliest number

oooooonnneee is the loneliest number!!

ONE MORE DAY until prepurchase!!!!!!

Guild wars 2....!

I have no clue as to which time zone it is starting off with.  I know their main office is in Seattle Area so thats pacific time but not sure about the Pre Purchase Launch.

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

LOL. Never seen so much excitement over the opportunity to hand over money, and NOT have the game yet.

That said.... I too am excited. My hopes are so high for this game, it kinda scares me.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Originally posted by gameguy369

LOL. Never seen so much excitement over the opportunity to hand over money, and NOT have the game yet.

That said.... I too am excited. My hopes are so high for this game, it kinda scares me.

+1 ....im overhyped with gw2 :D

Originally posted by TheTrueKing

Guild wars 2....!

I have no clue as to which time zone it is starting off with.  I know their main office is in Seattle Area so thats pacific time but not sure about the Pre Purchase Launch.

I hope it doesnt get......delayed O.o

Uhh... what?

Originally posted by Auzy

Guild wars 2....!

I hope it doesnt get......delayed O.o

this was my reaction to the thought of a delay...

Awww HELL NOOO!!

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

I hope that Anet knows that they have a solid base of fans who believe in their integrity, honesty and sincerity.  

Yes, they are a company that needs to make the $ too, but I believe that Anet knows that if their game is FUN then the $ will come without effort.

For us, the fans, we're not naive.   Give us a quality product, keep the costs reasonable and we'll be in a partnership for a long, long time.  

I am looking forward to the game.   I'm going for the CE and I can't wait to meet everyone in the game.

Bravo to Anet, bravo to the fans, bravo to the sincere critics...together we're going to have a great time.

Originally posted by garretth

I hope that Anet knows that they have a solid base of fans who believe in their integrity, honesty and sincerity.  

Yes, they are a company that needs to make the $ too, but I believe that Anet knows that if their game is FUN then the $ will come without effort.

For us, the fans, we're not naive.   Give us a quality product, keep the costs reasonable and we'll be in a partnership for a long, long time.  

I am looking forward to the game.   I'm going for the CE and I can't wait to meet everyone in the game.

Bravo to Anet, bravo to the fans, bravo to the sincere critics...together we're going to have a great time.

your message appeased me. Thank you.  With this type of logical reasoning, I'd be honored to share the battlefield with you.

Originally posted by garretth

your message appeased me. Thank you.  With this type of logical reasoning, I'd be honored to share the battlefield with you.

I am literally buying a character slot first thing, jus cause I wanna give more $ to a good cause...

Uhh... what?

Buying CE and Spending a couple hundred on the cash shop for the same reason. :P and to piss off the trolls here even more.

Plus the wife will want a pertty little outfit for her toon.  So ya money will be spent.

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

Buying CE and Spending a couple hundred on the cash shop for the same reason. :P and to piss off the trolls here even more.

I would love to meet up with the 'trolls' on the pvp battleground!   Come on guys and gals, let's take the debate to the fighting fields.  

*I'll be the Norn gal with the golden locks, two-handed sword and bow of swiftness*  

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I'm going to prepurchase too, but I don't expect a release before July. So, I'm more interested in how often we get to access beta access untill then.

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Originally posted by someforumguy

I'm going to prepurchase too, but I don't expect a release before July. So, I'm more interested in how often we get to access beta access untill then.

They confirmed numerous times that it would be around once a month.. the question is how many of betas they need to test to feel confident about a release date

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

put down the 25 dollars for a reservation for a prepurchase today. So many hoops, but worth it :D

24 hours (and 22 minutes)

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Been tossing this around in my mind all weekend.

Ultimately there is a lot to like in GW2.

The nagging little details are pulling me down though.

I can live with a cash shop so long as I do not have to live IN the cash shop.

Nearly every video lags in high trafic areas. This I can't live with, not in a PVP game.

There is upside and downside.

Still on the fence.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Why do you get 3 day head start if you pre purchase from Anet, but only one day if you pre purchase from their select retailers?

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Why do you get 3 day head start if you pre purchase from Anet, but only one day if you pre purchase from their select retailers?

You get only 1 day head start if buying from select retailer? I didn't know about that. I think it's because when you order from ArenaNet itself, they get more money, but if you buy from a retailer, some of that money goes to the retailer. I am not sure, correct me if I am wrong.

This discussion has been closed.