Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't believe how bad it is

I've been playing MMOs for a long time, played all AAA's, tried a lot of F2P etc etc. I Love the genre. And I am usually pretty hard on MMOs. But this, really, I can't beleive they srewed so badly all the great concept they had. Here is my short review.

The 4th pilar: It's like a bad(I mean really bad) hollywwod movie forced on you. Sometimes, like a childish low butget tv show foced on you. Too many, no quality.

Graphics: Frigid, uninspired. Bad art directiion. Feels like nothing but cheap.

Gameplay : This is the worst. Class design is soo uninspired. Only math. No fun, no coolness, no versatility. It's copy pasted from the best without the good the best has. Unplayable.

Sound : Music is fantastic. The money shows here. The rest is SW sound, wich is always fantastic.

Questing : Without the gameplay and the world behind it, you just realize how boring it is.

I can't put more energy in this game, over.

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Thx for playing, can I have your stuff?
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Bind on equip chum

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

I still can't believe how people can't believe how bad it is. There have been multiple warnings from numerous, credible sources about the poor quality of this game.

Still . . . people are like, "Maybe I'll give it a try." WHY? You've heard how bad it is. What would compel you to play? Is it the licking the battery syndrome? You just want to experience the pain?

Good gravy, man - protect your money!

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

Well, I am bored with the game for different reasons, but I probably have the same sense of "blah" when it comes to this game.  The content progression was too fast and easy, when playing casually, and then the Hard Mode versions of the Flashpoints are still ridiculously easy.  A couple of friends and I ran one with just 3 of us the other day, and it was just so boring and easy I haven't logged in since.  Smashing the spacebar to get through the Flashpoint dialogue, which I've heard too many times already, is tedious in and of itself.  There just isn't enough Flashpoints or other content in the game.  As polished as the game really is, it's missing more than I thought it would be.  Still, the game was fun and new up to that point.  The upcoming patch is too little to interest me in resubscribing.  I'm sure the game will have some longtime subscribers, though.  Espeically with those who are new to the genre and haven't "been there, done that" as much.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

I still can't believe how people can't believe how bad it is. There have been multiple warnings from numerous, credible sources about the poor quality of this game.

Still . . . people are like, "Maybe I'll give it a try." WHY? You've heard how bad it is. What would compel you to play? Is it the licking the battery syndrome? You just want to experience the pain?

cmon, it was worth buying the game. Not worth the sub, but a single playthrough is pretty fun(Bh class anyway) I've heard the republic stories where not that great(my smugglers story was a bit, well dumb)

I enjoyed my initial investment, but than again I shovel alot of lucas's crap down my throat because its starwars.

Still worth the initial playthrough though in my honest opinon.

• flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by william0532

cmon, it was worth buying the game. Not worth the sub, but a single playthrough is pretty fun(Bh class anyway) I've heard the republic stories where not that great(my smugglers story was a bit, well dumb)

I enjoyed my initial investment, but than again I shovel alot of lucas's crap down my throat because its starwars.

My kids would disgree with you. Neither got past level 30ish

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Sure are a lot of people badmouthing the game who never played it:

The game is phenominal until the level cap...if you only got to level 30 and lost interest, you either have ADD or you weren't paying any attention to your class story.

Yeah, the end game is lacking, and it's not as complete as WoW, but it's as complete and even better than just about every other MMO out there in terms of end-game content, ESPECIALLY considering how recent the launch was.  Realistically, the game has about double the content that WoW did at launch, it's just that the MMO playing community has become completely spoiled.

SWTOR is a massive game with a lot to offer...the problem with it is that it's based very heavily on an element that only lasts up until the level cap, that being the story.  It was a predicatble problem that I had hoped that it would overcome more adequately...sadly it has not and I will be canceling until I can play more of my class storyline, or until I get some motivation to play another class.

It's not a bad game...the end game is just not very compelling.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by flclimax

I absolutely love this gif.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by william0532

My kids would disgree with you. Neither got past level 30ish

Their midi-chlorian count must be too low. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with bad game design. image

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

I tried it during that free weekend trial thing, and I found myself rather uninterested with the cutscenes and combat. Today I tried Vanguard for the first time and so far I like it much more.

1. Opinion, not bashing. No hate, no contempt.

2. I chose to use an existing thread instead of opening yet another one, let it be noted :3

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

I just re-subbed to EQ1 for just one months for some good laughs. At least untill 1.2 comes out and/or TSW + GW2

the game is not bad, has flaws yes.

And i would garantee if WoW came out today, i dont think they would have the same kind of numbers :P

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Snikz

And i would garantee if WoW came out today, i dont think they would have the same kind of numbers :P

very true. I would also say, had WoW came out today, SWTOR would be much more accepted as the game to copy.

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by Snikz

very true. I would also say, had WoW came out today, SWTOR would be much more accepted as the game to copy.

Yeah, but in the future is going to be for the Titan project they are working on

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

It is a bad game for an MMO, it would be a good game for a single player/coop game with no fee.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Originally posted by Mackeh

It is a bad game for an MMO, it would be a good game for a single player/coop game with no fee.

[mod edit]

Yep because only unsubstantiated POSITIVE posts should be taken without a grain of salt on these boards. Any negative ones can be automatically discounted as trolling.

[mod edit]

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

SWTOR is still the 2nd most played MMO to date, so the game is doing fine and many others will disagree this forum complains about every game on  the market, its a forum of whiners and trolls , cry more.

What Mackeh says.

And whilst SWTOR may be the 2nd most played MMO by whatever measure that doesn't mean it is doing fine. For one it needs to pay off the cost of its development, presumably what was behind EA's statement that they would not have made said investment if they didn't expect 1M subscribers.

Whether it has remains to be seen; if it hasn't then it remains to be seen what EA will do  - and its only been just over 3 months so to early yet.

Sure other games like EQ1, Eve, etc are not no.2 - but they were high up in their day and have had years since to repay the investment that went into them. 

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Originally posted by gervaise1

SWTOR is still the 2nd most played MMO to date, so the game is doing fine and many others will disagree this forum complains about every game on  the market, its a forum of whiners and trolls , cry more.

What Mackeh says.

And whilst SWTOR may be the 2nd most played MMO by whatever measure that doesn't mean it is doing fine. For one it needs to pay off the cost of its development, presumably what was behind EA's statement that they would not have made said investment if they didn't expect 1M subscribers.

Whether it has remains to be seen; if it hasn't then it remains to be seen what EA will do  - and its only been just over 3 months so to early yet.

Sure other games like EQ1, Eve, etc are not no.2 - but they were high up in their day and have had years since to repay the investment that went into them. 

This is the crux of the main problem with player reviews/opinions in general.

You have that say because it's the 2nd most popular in terms of players numbers therefor it must be good, yet contradicted with the argument, busy/popular/X # of subs does not equate good (I guess the same argument for WoW as well).

Conversely, you have those saying it's bad for <insert personal reason here> and it's logical enough to support his/her argument.

I simply cannot understand the feverish lengths some go to prove the game's success/failure when the time, money, and emotion invested in it is totally 'your' experience and inconclusive to the game's appeal/aversion to others.

Like many, many have posted...play it if you like it, don't play it if it's not for you.

And before the argument of 'But it's to inform others of what they might get into..' comes out, these forums are seriously NOT the place to go get unbiased, objective point of views so the argument is moot.

I highly doubt they altruistic attempts to warn the players of danger when it's obvious some still like whatever game is the flavor of the month on these threads and it's really up to the individual to experience it for themselves if it's good or not for them.

I have no problem with a personal experience piece(review, first look, etc.), but the trashing I read constantly without any real substance behind it is really disappointing for a place supposedly for sharing and talking about MMo's.

I just wanted to share my two cents on the matter in general, for what it's worth.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by malefacus

I've been playing MMOs for a long time, played all AAA's, tried a lot of F2P etc etc. I Love the genre. And I am usually pretty hard on MMOs. But this, really, I can't beleive they srewed so badly all the great concept they had. Here is my short review.

The 4th pilar: It's like a bad(I mean really bad) hollywwod movie forced on you. Sometimes, like a childish low butget tv show foced on you. Too many, no quality.

Graphics: Frigid, uninspired. Bad art directiion. Feels like nothing but cheap.

Gameplay : This is the worst. Class design is soo uninspired. Only math. No fun, no coolness, no versatility. It's copy pasted from the best without the good the best has. Unplayable.

Sound : Music is fantastic. The money shows here. The rest is SW sound, wich is always fantastic.

Questing : Without the gameplay and the world behind it, you just realize how boring it is.

I can't put more energy in this game, over.

A bit too short, but overall accurate, I'd say.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

The only amazing thing about SWTOR is that it still has subscribers.

I seriously don't know how people put up with such lousy features and sevice.

I mean seriously. No server transfers.

It's 20 fucking 12

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

Actually the most played mmo was linage 2, with wow being 2nd. [mod edit]

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Oh boy another Let me be famous by bashing SWTOR thread, I would ask for the op's stuff but since he prob did not get any good stuff, what is the sense. 

Once again let me explain:   Bioware is a story telling game company, that is what they do and they do it very well: Baldurs gate, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate2 shadows of amin, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3, Kotar 1 and 2, never winters night and all expansions, etc. So who would possibly think they would come out with an old traditional, stuffy mmo, Now you might think  they would come out with a Story a Plot, Voice Overs, Cut Scenes, great sound and production and mix that with some traditional mmo elements.  Bioware truly wanted to make a mmoRPG and did,  I enjoy most of it with the exception of the space game which needs to be fleshed out

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Very 2004
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Draenor

The game is phenominal until the level cap...if you only got to level 30 and lost interest, you either have ADD or you weren't paying any attention to your class story.

Wow, that's me exactly.  ADD, hated the class stories, and lost interest at lv.30ish.  I used to feel like ADD had something to do with why I enjoyed gaming so much, but these days, seems a lot of games are made for people who enjoy more passive forms of entertainment.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.