Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: NDA Lifts

13»

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Worth watching youtube Link yogscast

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

The game is not finished yet,I haven't seen all the available content, but the basic combat against bugs is rather boring. I think it is mostly facts they aren't challenging enough, there isn't enough of them in every wave and they look rather silly. The chosen ones patrols and events are harder and more fun, but it is still not enough to provide enough content to carry this game over time.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by Blindchance

The game is not finished yet,I haven't seen all the available content, but the basic combat against bugs is rather boring. I think it is mostly facts they aren't challenging enough, there isn't enough of them in every wave and they look rather silly. The chosen ones patrols and events are harder and more fun, but it is still not enough to provide enough content to carry this game over time.

Aint it amazing how mutch people can see from 1 video that shows 1 "rat" type starter mob the lvl 1 player comes across while traveling the 0.1% beginner part of the map.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

No matter how you try to spin it, it is just another mediocre FPS game.  If I am going to bother with an FPS I will do it with one of the AAA titles of which this is not one of them.

• talkinmonkeytalkinmonkey Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by junzo316

The art work just seems bad to me.  The cell shading should have been optional, like in Champions.  Was looking forward to this title, but now....I think I'll pass.

The "cell shading" and art style in general did suffer from 75% of the art team leaving a few years ago.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I played and test Firefall these few months.

And yes, I still do not know what is the game going to be like because it is still in early Closed Beta. 

All I can say with my experience in MMO that this game has a very big potential to blow away a lot of the other games.

If not why would Garena have invest 23 million to Red 5 Studios if they think Firefall is not a money vending machine.

Just give the company a break as its their first products and they have not fk anyone yet.

[mod edit - let's stay constructive!]

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

Originally posted by xmenty

And yes, I still do not know what is the game going to be like because it is still in early Closed Beta. 

All I can say with my experience in MMO that this game has a very big potential to blow away a lot of the other games.

If not why would Garena have invest 23 million to Red 5 Studios if they think Firefall is not a money vending machine.

Just give the company a break as its their first products and they have not fk anyone yet.

Anyway please Stop with the bitching and moaning just based on the Early Beta videos and testing.

If you guys really got nothing nice to say just STFU.

If we have nothing nice to say STFU? Dude its the internet. Also, why give the company a break? They have been working on this game since early 2006 and have already spent over 60+ million dollars.

• FFgiantFFgiant Member Posts: 20

Anyway please Stop with the bitching and moaning just based on the Early Beta videos and testing.

Right, it is just early beta, and the content you see probably is just 10%. And pvp they are tuning carefully now.It probably more fair to evaluate it after another 6 months.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Ozmodan
    No matter how you try to spin it, it is just another mediocre FPS game.  If I am going to bother with an FPS I will do it with one of the AAA titles of which this is not one of them.

Considering there has not been a good quality FPS "AAA Title" for years now and most of greatest fps games came out from relatively unknown studios (In fact, pretty much Hard Reset and Serious Sam 3 are the only fps games worth mentioning ), the above quote sounds quite ...strange.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Originally posted by talkinmonkey

If we have nothing nice to say STFU? Dude its the internet. Also, why give the company a break? They have been working on this game since early 2006 and have already spent over 60+ million dollars So did they already spend 60 million dollars of players money or what?

I am not their accountant how the fk should I know.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

Originally posted by talkinmonkey

If we have nothing nice to say STFU? Dude its the internet. Also, why give the company a break? They have been working on this game since early 2006 and have already spent over 60+ million dollars So did they already spend 60 million dollars of players money or what?

I am not their accountant how the fk should I know.

No, they weren't spending players money...Went back and read up on it... the cost is probably close to costing 100 million at this point. They used their first 60 mil they got from Webzen up around the beginning of 2010. Around that time is when a bunch of people left and they drastically cut back on the scope of the game. At that point is when they sold to the9 and got a new round of funding. 

http://kotaku.com/5458445/strange-things-are-afoot-at-red-five-studios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_5_Studios

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

because the fact that it is an FPS set in a virtual world is meaningless.  virtual worlds are meaningless.  

another quality post from Ozmodan.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by corpusc

because the fact that it is an FPS set in a virtual world is meaningless.  virtual worlds are meaningless.  

LOL, an FPS set in any environment is still an FPS and there are far better FPS games out there that are mulitplayer.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

LOL, an FPS set in any environment is still an FPS and there are far better FPS games out there that are mulitplayer.

Have you actually played the game?Because I have and sorry it plays pretty smooth for me and I would hardly say there are "far" better FPS games out.And not to mention that they do not even have all their features implemented yet.

But I am sorry you wasted your money on it and feel jipped.

oh look, another quality post.  good old reliable Ozomodan.

Corpus Callosum    

Originally posted by Asheram

But I am sorry you wasted your money on it and feel jipped.

8)

Corpus Callosum    

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

another important thing to mention for oldschoolers......

there's extremely little penalty for jumping/flying and constantly moving at fullspeed.

the crosshairs do spread a bit and become slightly less accurate for SOME (but not ALL!) weapons, but its not much of a factor to worry about most of the time.

so no need for slow motion ironsights bullshit, and being motionless and crouching while shooting.  focus both on moving and aiming simultaneously, to your hearts content.

this is no slow tedious military style crap.   expect Quake/Unreal type oldschool action.

Makes sense -- Scott Youngblood (Firefall Lead Designer) also brought you Tribes (the original)!

• odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61

I've been in Beta for almost 4 months.  I'm one of the harshest critics on the boards.  I think it has a lot of potential and if it meets that potential it will be a great game.  Still if it doesn't, I still think it will be a fun game with some decent PvP and hectic PvE.  Only time will tell, I'll keep you posted.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

I don''t know much about this game except it''s a mmo and a fps.

So one question:

How many people can fight each other on one map?

• SoulOfOriginSoulOfOrigin Member Posts: 3

@Renoaku

1. Fps will be improved + my pc is 4 years old but it still runs perfectly fine for me, dunno why not for you

2. That's what the cash shop is for ;)

btw, planetside-style open world PVP will be added post-release ;)

• FlashtonyFlashtony Member UncommonPosts: 12

I played during this Beta and had the most fun I had with a beta in recent times!