Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash shop - why the fuss ?

FezVizziniFezVizzini Member Posts: 24

I could not care less what is or is not available in a cash shop. I'm not going to be buying anything but don't care if other people do. I wouldn't even mind if you could buy better gear in a cash shop (although i do trust Anet on what they say will be available).

The reason ? Basically I play a game for my own enjoyment and certainly am not going to get jealous over what someone else has. I really do not understand why people post that a cash shop (even if it did sell gear and other things) gives an unfair advantage to other people.

Advantage in what way ? In PvE eveyone gets credit for kills etc and who cares if someone gets to level 50 before you do. In PvP eveyone is levelled to 50 and has the same gear so no advantage from a cash shop there.

So, the only reason I can see why people compain is out of sheer jealously that someone might have something they can't afford or wanty to grind and pay for with gold. I really cannot see how in GW2 any advantage can be gained through a cash shop.

Comments

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

You know, you could've just posted this in some existing thread already. Didn't have to create a new one.

I think it will be closed soon.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

People are worried about gems being converted to gold for which you buy influence with which you buy WvWvW boosts. I don;t really know much about it but this is the thing. Also boxes opened with keys which can be acquired in-game and bought in the cash shop, because no one knows what will they drop.

EDIT: And yeah, there is atleast  1 active thread disscusing the CS, would be better if this was posted there.

• FezVizziniFezVizzini Member Posts: 24

Yeah OK soz 4 not seeing there was an existing thread.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

its only the 5th non stickied thread right now...

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

inb4 gainesvilleg

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

there just aint any other topic in the game to try and poke holes at

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Somsbal

inb4 gainesvilleg

No you should praise him. His overzealousness is only hurting his case more and more, until the vast majority is convinced it isn't P2W at all. 

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by Somsbal

inb4 gainesvilleg

BOOYAKA!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Ho boy... Don't start without me folks, let me get comfortable.

At times like this I wish that I owned a Snuggie.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Again?

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Posting in this one because the other two I know of have too much backlog and gibberish to sift through.

OP, in any PvP game there will be players that want to blame anything at all other than themselves for losing. The cash shop is an easy target. What they don't realize (or purposefully ignore) is that there will always be odds against them. In other games they cry gear imbalance, for example, or in open world PvP it could be being overpowered by higher levels or by higher numbers. Even in instanced PvP where the numbers and levels are relatively equal they will cry about class imbalance, or overpowered team compositions. They just can't accept that maybe they aren't that good.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Everyone know that GW2 will be take a big bite of other MMO players.

I would have to allegedly assume the people that are against the Anet CS are viral marketeers from other MMO.

Eventho everyone have told them it is not official and yet they would not stop arguing solely based on their assumptions. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by xmenty

I would have to allegedly assume the people that are against the Anet CS are viral marketeers from other MMO.

Eventho everyone have told them it is not official and yet they would not stop arguing solely based on their assumptions. 

There is another group in the mix here. Gold sellers and Gold buyers.

Both these groups are highly upset that Anet has made a game that will not only be popular, but will exclude a lot of their previous advantages. The gold sellers will be lucky to get 10% of the action. And those "elites" who I personally knew, who bought gold every month in games like WoW, are upset because they won't be an exclusive club anymore for a direct P2W advantage.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Fir3line

there just aint any other topic in the game to try and poke holes at

Sure there is, and they were poked at over and over for months, just like the cash-shop "issue" is now.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What? Have you paid attention to this site long? You most certainly never read the R.A. F2P feature discussions. They were full of this same rhetoric, and each thread would live for weeks just like these. THere is a segment of this community who hates the core of cash-shop implementation, they always have and always will.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by Distopia

What? Have you paid attention to this site long? You most certainly never read the R.A. F2P feature discussions. They were full of this same rhetoric, and each thread would live for weeks just like these. THere is a segment of this community who hates the core of cash-shop implementation, they always have and always will.

In the long run, the CS won't make any difference IMO.

This discussion has been closed.