Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOTA, LoL, and HoN... Are these all the same game? which is better?

2»

Comments

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

LoL is the best choice... its easy and variety and progression makes you want to keep playing but with that being said ... if you want to try a build that is "outside the box" or call middle lane when somebody else thinks they should have it.... thats when the fun begins

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Breaking123

LoL has the worst community ever I am 100% sure of that. Everything was good 'till they had a big blast at the E-sport scene. Now every game is filled  ( talking about normal games, don't even wanna mention ranked ) with "omg you n00b why don't you pick support" "pls report this idiot he picked X hero , he is not viable cause some "high ranked" player made a meta list which we all need to follow" And then of course we have the new hero every 2 weeks cycle. How can you balance a game like that ? New heroes outshine the old ones, there are barely some old tier heroes worth picking at all anymore. In the end I just gave away my account and now I can smile again

If you don't have 4 friends to play with you, then run away from LoL. This is coming from a player with over 4k games played

I'm starting to notice this too. I had a blast while levelling up to 30 but now that I started doing draft pick games (not even ranked) I'm slowly getting turned off. 

People take this game way too seriously, it's like they're hoping to become pro from winning unranked PUG games or something.

• HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Gazenthia

They are all the same game and for the most part are designed by the same fucking people. The community is also the single most overtly hostile and unwelcoming one in the entire gaming industry which has led to them being extremely niche. Hence why the games are all designed by the same people, played by the same people. You're basically playing different takes on WC3 DOTA maps.

How can you call something extremely niche, when LoL might be the most played online game at the moment (not counting social games).

Myself i prefer LoL. Yes the community is bad, but all competetive games with millions of players and shared servers will have such people around.

Furthermore i prefer it because it can be played from an extremely newbie level, because it is so easy to get into to, but can also be played on a very serious E-sport level. Which for me means they did something right.

Playing: League of Legends!

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
    Well atm I think LoL is the best one so far. I've played HON and it isn't even that good, It's basically the same as DOTA just with better graphics and an even worse community. But all games that have online have a bad community to some degree anyway. However I am looking forward to playing DOTA 2, i've already signed up for it.
  • sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    LoL.. much more fun and a bit diffrent gameplay tha makes the gam really fun :)
  • wungunwungun Member Posts: 67

My opinion on HoN has changed. I felt that i overexaggerated on my previous post. HoN is really good but is more difficult to get into and to get better at, you'd have to look up guides on item builds, ability sequences, Farming, Warding and then put them to practice online.

But I still think LoL is the best one so far.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

DOTA (2) is the most "hardcore" of the group. It has various mechanics such as denying allied creeps and heroes to control the amount of gold your opponent can make (denying a creep before it dies, thus "stealing" the kill preventing the enemy from acquiring gold. This mechanic does not exist in LoL), micro-management (certain heroes and items gives the users the ability to summon or convert mobs, some of these mobs have skills on their own which helps the player in various ways). DOTA is heavily focused on teamwork.  DOTA heroes also offer some of the most diverse gameplay of all 3 games.

Just to say, all this already exist in HoN...

For some reasons, HoN is being overlooked, despite it has all the features of DOTA 2 for some time already. They are basically same games, just different art.

Up to each own , I guess.

• xholyaccxholyacc Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

DOTA (2) is the most "hardcore" of the group. It has various mechanics such as denying allied creeps and heroes to control the amount of gold your opponent can make (denying a creep before it dies, thus "stealing" the kill preventing the enemy from acquiring gold. This mechanic does not exist in LoL), micro-management (certain heroes and items gives the users the ability to summon or convert mobs, some of these mobs have skills on their own which helps the player in various ways). DOTA is heavily focused on teamwork.  DOTA heroes also offer some of the most diverse gameplay of all 3 games.

Just to say, all this already exist in HoN...

For some reasons, HoN is being overlooked, despite it has all the features of DOTA 2 for some time already. They are basically same games, just different art.

Up to each own , I guess.

"this" also exist in hon?. Have you played original dota ? dota 2 is just a standalone game for the original dota, so us veteran player wont really care about a carbon copy of the game ( even s2 ask the permissions of dota's developer when they are making their game).

and for those lol fans, i have played lol for some years along with dota. but i gave up on lol the developers are unsaveable they are just like the blizzard of dota-style games

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by xholyacc

"this" also exist in hon?. Have you played original dota ? dota 2 is just a standalone game for the original dota, so us veteran player wont really care about a carbon copy of the game ( even s2 ask the permissions of dota's developer when they are making their game).

I am just talking in relation of DOTA 2 and HoN.

Or you say that there is no reason to play DOTA 2 when there is DOTA 1 around?

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

i love LoL :3

i stopped playing HoN when i tried LoL. dunno why but LoL just got me sooooo addicted :x

play lol weeee~

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

LoL is the biggest compared to DOTA and HoN.

DOTA is larger than HoN.

I'd say play LoL because it is the biggest so there is a much higher chance that someone you know in RL will be playing LoL.

I just found out that one of my cousin plays LoL.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

LoL has better balance. 

DotA 1 & 2 can get  a little more predictable, and is a bit slower paced as some people have mentioned. Tho' DotA2 I enjoy partly. There's no real unit type there I greatly enjoy playing at the moment.

a yo ho ho

• sintenal84ksintenal84k Member Posts: 17
    LoL ftw! HoN is good, but for me LoL is just more fun, maybe it's the enviorment not being so dark.  Dota 2 is still in beta, so i'm going to wait till it releases for real before wasting my time.