Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Dragon's will be from Korea or Asia for that matter

BarsoomBarsoom Member UncommonPosts: 15

Here is the conversation log:

(11:49:17 PM GMT) Welcome to Funcom Live Support.

Our goal is to serve you as quickly as possible.

While you are waiting for a Customer Support Representative provide us with the following information:

*Account name

*Describe the issue you are experiencing

Thank you and we will be with you shortly.

(11:49:27 PM GMT) Me: Username: xxxxxxxxxxx

(11:49:55 PM GMT) Me: I have reset my password twice, and waited 10 hours after reseting it the last time

(11:50:02 PM GMT) Me: I can't login

(12:00:04 AM GMT) Charlie has entered the chat.

(12:00:10 AM GMT) Charlie: Hello! How may I assist you today?

(12:01:27 AM GMT) Me: Username: xxxxxxxxxx

(12:01:35 AM GMT) Me: I have reset my password twice, and waited 10 hours after reseting it the last time

(12:01:44 AM GMT) Me: I can't login

(12:01:57 AM GMT) Charlie: Is this for your account or the game client?

(12:02:06 AM GMT) Me: account

(12:02:25 AM GMT) Me: I am trying to pre order TSW and associate it with my FUNCOM account

(12:04:31 AM GMT) Charlie: Was this a password reset through your account page or through a lost password link?

(12:04:46 AM GMT) Me: Lost password link

(12:05:27 AM GMT) Charlie: Those do not last very long, try to have another sent right now.

(12:06:27 AM GMT) Me: when i got support from live chat last nite they said i was trying to do it too quickly and wait for awhile

(12:06:57 AM GMT) Charlie: I am sorry for the confusion, but have one sent to you right now.

(12:13:18 AM GMT) Charlie: Have you done that yet?

(12:13:37 AM GMT) Me: yes, it has been taking like 30 min for the e-mail to show up

(12:14:01 AM GMT) Charlie: So it has not shown up yet?

(12:14:07 AM GMT) Me: nope

(12:14:32 AM GMT) Charlie: When it does, wait about 5 minutes, and try to log in, if you still cannot, contact us again for further assistance.

(12:14:50 AM GMT) Me: I will, cause it is not going to work

(12:14:54 AM GMT) Charlie: Are you using the master account name xxxxxxxx to log in?

(12:15:02 AM GMT) Me: yes

(12:16:56 AM GMT) Me: I am currently stationed in South Korea, is there some kind of IP restriction for account login?

(12:18:11 AM GMT) Charlie: One moment please.

(12:21:03 AM GMT) Charlie: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer support for player's in Korea.

(12:21:38 AM GMT) Charlie: I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

(12:21:50 AM GMT) Me: I don't understand?

(12:23:54 AM GMT) Me: I have played Age of Conan, Rift, Aion, and SWTOR all from this location please explain your response

(12:28:41 AM GMT) Charlie: Unfortunately, we currently do not have support for the Asian territories. We do not when or if we will have support in the future and we are very sorry for that inconvenience.

(12:29:26 AM GMT) Charlie: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?

(12:30:03 AM GMT) Me: Charlie....ok...make sure you have this correct before i go post on MMOORPG that your new game TSW with one of the 3 starting locations being Seoul, Korea (Dragon) can't actually be played form Korea?

(12:31:02 AM GMT) Charlie: At this time, we do not have support for that region.

(12:31:10 AM GMT) Me: when pretty much every other MMO other there can

(12:31:25 AM GMT) Me: This is major BS Charlie

(12:32:11 AM GMT) Charlie: I understand and I am very sorry for this difficulty.

(12:32:18 AM GMT) Charlie: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

(12:32:24 AM GMT) The customer has left the chat session.

(12:32:43 AM GMT) Charlie has closed the chat session. If you still need help, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Played: The Realm, Anarchy-Online, Tabula Rasa, Guild Wars, Age Of Conan, Star Trek Online, Aion, Rift, SWTOR

Comments

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

it's IP blocked in certain regions.  nothing charlie can do. 

I've got the straight edge.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Weird because according to this website...

http://www.funcom.com/news/funcom_launches_massive_content_update_for_age_of_conan

"Launching in May 2008 ‘Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures’ quickly became a smash hit in retail, shipping over 1.4 million copies around the world. Soon after going free-to-play last year, ‘Age of Conan: Unchained’ hit the impressive milestone of over two million players having experienced the online world of Hyboria. The game is now available in English, French, and German, and is also operating in Korea. "

My suggestions send a PM to Famine on the official forums to ask if they support korea or ask him to help you. His twitter is  

(@)TehFamine https://twitter.com/#!/tehfamine

They are all up in PAX at the moment so he may not reply either on the forums or his twitter. I think you got a bad GM.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

Uhh... Age of Conan isn't the Secret World...

Originally posted by Keyh

Uhh... Age of Conan isn't the Secret World...

Same company. Why would they support AoC and not TSW?

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

Because it's a completely different product requiring additional distribution channels, localized hardware, local licensing, etc etc etc.

OP send a tweet or PM to Famine.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

The part about  Seoul,Korea being one of the cities in game but not being able to play from there is so damn funny. 

Sorry for your troubles charlie, hope they get it sorted out for you.

• BarsoomBarsoom Member UncommonPosts: 15

So....I think i have found a simple work around for this.....seems the problem is an IP restriction, and there are ways to mask your IP....

Played: The Realm, Anarchy-Online, Tabula Rasa, Guild Wars, Age Of Conan, Star Trek Online, Aion, Rift, SWTOR

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Barsoom

Here is the conversation log:

(11:49:17 PM GMT) Welcome to Funcom Live Support.

Our goal is to serve you as quickly as possible.

While you are waiting for a Customer Support Representative provide us with the following information:

*Account name

*Describe the issue you are experiencing

(12:16:56 AM GMT) Me: I am currently stationed in South Korea

(12:21:03 AM GMT) Charlie: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer support for player's in Korea.

(12:29:26 AM GMT) Charlie: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?

What i find funny is the customer service guy keeps asking "if there anything else i can help you with?" after telling the guy that he can't help him because he's in Korea.  I would have totally asked him "well, what CAN you help me with given that I'm in Korea and you just told me you don't support people in Korea?"  

Obviously the CS guy can't do anything about IP block, but stupidly reading his script doesn't help his case.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by brody71
    it's IP blocked in certain regions.  nothing charlie can do. 

He never once said it was region blocked, He said there was no support

Originally posted by arieste
    Originally posted by Barsoom  Here is the conversation log:   (11:49:17 PM GMT) Welcome to Funcom Live Support. Our goal is to serve you as quickly as possible.   While you are waiting for a Customer Support Representative provide us with the following information: *Account name *Describe the issue you are experiencing     (12:16:56 AM GMT) Me: I am currently stationed in South Korea (12:21:03 AM GMT) Charlie: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer support for player's in Korea. (12:29:26 AM GMT) Charlie: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?

What i find funny is the customer service guy keeps asking "if there anything else i can help you with?" after telling the guy that he can't help him because he's in Korea.  I would have totally asked him "well, what CAN you help me with given that I'm in Korea and you just told me you don't support people in Korea?"  

Obviously the CS guy can't do anything about IP block, but stupidly reading his script doesn't help his case.

Its standard customer service training to ask if you customer requires more help before ending communication...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Mellkor

Its standard customer service training to ask if you customer requires more help before ending communication...

Yeah.. but it's standard common sense not to follow "i can't help you with anything" with "what else can i help you with?".  I mean, it is BAD customer service to do that.   I've worked in CS myself.   (not game related).

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Age of Conan isn't run by Funcom in Korea, they sold the rights to Neowiz Games Corporation who has the support there as well.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

That's actually pretty damn funny. Perhaps it's a conspiracy by the Dragon to keep their organization from being exposed?

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

IIRC AoC was only available in NA/EU at launch.  I'd imagine sometime down the road they'll partner up with some company in Korea to release it there if they think it's worth the effort.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

It's a roleplaying game. I can be Asian if I wish! ;P

• ruejacobsruejacobs Member UncommonPosts: 41

Yeah.. but it's standard common sense not to follow "i can't help you with anything" with "what else can i help you with?".  I mean, it is BAD customer service to do that.   I've worked in CS myself.   (not game related).

"I can't help you. How may I help you? I can't help you. How may I help you?" 

*repeats in endless loop of mind-f**kery*

Yup. That is bad CS.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    That sucks, when I had a chat with their live support regarding my lifetime sub, the service representative was quite friendly and we ended up making jokes. As for your problem, try getting one of your friends from somewhere other than Korea to reset your password, that might work.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

Its possible it may only be a beta thing.  maybe they'll open up ip blocks when it goes retail.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

The reason your all seeing EA's logo...is because they have purchased publishing rights to the game in NA (EU too?)

This leads me to believe they are:

1. still shopping an asian publisher (probably by asian region too like china and JP)

2. probably still working on a business model fitted for the asian markets....they like things diffrently than here in the west why not cater to the market?

Im sure it sucks for the few asian players willing to high-ping it and are able to do the whole english thing, and are able to p2p.  Chances are this is a tiny segment of asias huge gamer market.  They are probably going to get a publisher who knows the turf and knows how to do it right in asia.

Basically youll have to wait.  This isnt an uncommon occurance as many korean games come out in the west a year or so after its asia launch, as they "westernize" and get a publisher.

Anyway, funcom has a china team, they will make an asia presense with this game, its just not comming out first.

• CantorageCantorage Member Posts: 186

Neowiz has the license to host and support Age of Conan in SK. If you are trying to buy TSW from an account that has Age of Conan on it, or is linked to a master account with Age of Conan on it, it won't work.

To be able to register for TSW, you need to make a completely fresh account that is linked to no other Funcom products. Then you will be able to get TSW as a Korean.

• CantorageCantorage Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by Crunchy221

The reason your all seeing EA's logo...is because they have purchased publishing rights to the game in NA (EU too?)

EA has no publishing rights. EA is co-publisher in North America only, with their sole responsibility being producing and packaging boxed copies of the game. This they will continue to do for any expansions etc, but as far as the game goes, they have nothing. Not support, not servers, nothing.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

That's not what he said, but t's maybe how you interpreted it...

"i can't help you with anything"
    No, he said
    "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer support for player's in Korea."
    "Unfortunately, we currently do not have support for the Asian territories. We do not when or if we will have support in the future and we are very sorry for that inconvenience."

Noware in the transcript did he say he could not help with anything.

"what else can i help you with?"
    It is always correct for the CSR to follow up with this type of response. its polite and "ethical".
    If that wording seem inadequate, then it should be followed by "does this complete your transaction or query?"

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

is there an ip ban for certain countries? I understand what i read in the threads, but i haven't seen anything saying that they are placing an IP ban on certain countries. swtor didn't allow players to purchase the game in asia and if you tried you'd get an error message. However, once you used a proxy to buy it everything went smooth and you were allowed to play the game once the game was launched.

• IOOOIIOOOI Member Posts: 2

About the Charlie guy
    He had three options :
    1) tell you the truth and get fired
    2) lie to you and get fired
    3) say nothing according to rule book and get his salary
    (12:31:25 AM GMT) Me: This is major BS Charlie <-- this one was not necessary at all

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Honestly, it's Korea.

Noone cares.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-