Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: The Subscription Edition Review of Wakfu

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our second review today, we re-examine Wakfu from the subscriber's side and see how it stacks up. See what you think and leave us your thoughts in the comments.

I rerolled a new offense-oriented character to explore the paid features of Wakfu and give you a more appropriate look at what the game offers for those willing to pay the subscription costs.  In short, there’s a lot more to do, and I hope this additional article supplements my initial review with that info.

Read more of Adrian Liew's The Subscription Edition Review of Wakfu.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31

Pretty good review -- I played Wakfu beta on and off for a number of years (I speak french so I was in EU and NA) and I generally enjoyed my time there. It is a grindy game to be sure, and the class you picked (ecaflip) is very fun; however, it gets randomized skills as you level up, so if you want an optimal build you just have to keep rerolling. Maybe they have fixed that? 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I love this game. It was so awesome to play. But Ankama doesn't care about patching bugs or issues or balancing classes, they just care about cash shop items and patching in new things to waste your real money on. They give one patch a month if that (They said this on the forums) and when I played I saw 3 cash shop updates before the first patch. Sure they released hot fixes that did almost nothing, and broke other things. The game is awesome, don't get me wrong, and if you can put up with very very slow update schedules then go for this game. I just happened to choose a Sram to play and they never fixed any of the fire srams issues, like hemorrage proccing correctly or making it easier for us to get behind enemies without having to waste 5 turns trying to get behind them so we get the full bonus instead of getting a 50% reduction from guile. Bleh I guess I might just be butthurt they didn't fix my class, but honestly I can't give them my money because of how they seem to be. Plus I cancelled my sub and they still charged me for the next month, and didn't refund me when I asked, and it took 5 days to get a response.

• marksteelemarksteele Member UncommonPosts: 60

The game is great, but if you live in North America expect no customer support. Square is a horror to deal with and their forums are a mess. I do admit it seems like there is a lot of content but after a while you discover the amount of content is really only skin deap. Its the same mechanics just modified a little bit. Despite this, I heard that there is some great content in the works, especially with things like guilds (they were not touched on at all in this review), and I just have to hope that the publishers don't ruin it.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

The only gripe I have with it is that the space inside is so incredibly tiny; there's hardly any space for you to truly decorate your 'home'.

Do some freaking research before you review a game.

• KoukikidKoukikid Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Naowut

The only gripe I have with it is that the space inside is so incredibly tiny; there's hardly any space for you to truly decorate your 'home'.

I think you should probably take your own advice. Since there are haven gems you can find and/or purchase to expand the bag. Put in a deco gem you get a whole other room to decorate. If you stack a deco gem on top of the other deco gem the room becomes bigger. You can have a total of 18 gems put into your haven bag. Fill the gem slots up and then call it tiny.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Originally posted by menoco

Originally posted by Naowut

I think you should probably take your own advice. Since there are haven gems you can find and/or purchase to expand the bag. Put in a deco gem you get a whole other room to decorate. If you stack a deco gem on top of the other deco gem the room becomes bigger. You can have a total of 18 gems put into your haven bag. Fill the gem slots up and then call it tiny.

Except it's almost impossible to find haven gems as drops, you can only get them through being extremely lucky with a Enutroph in your party, or through the subscription bonuses. Which give you just enough to have to wait two to three months to get enough to actually expand it.