Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming Experience You Should not miss!!

2»

Comments

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Man either your not trying or mmorpgs arent for you. I can get level 10 within  the hour.  Its not hard for you now than it was two years ago when this game came out. Those days are long gone. Doesnt matter what you do to improve this game , you are still gonna have haters on here posting that the game is too grindy or pay to win or its a cash shop issue or its GIpat blah blah blah blah.  Get lost!!!! For all those who are thinking about playing this game should give it a try. You will see and enjoy the game.

Edgar F Greenwood

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Well, i did play this at launch, didnt last to level 10, i was playing another game at the time and it didnt lure me in.

I heard about the cash shop getting out of hand, and then heard they toned it down.

So i tried it again.  Was initially semi-impressed with the games quality.  It got incredibly boring around level 10.

Its got a very small community, and its a pain to get any group early on.  The quests in the first city involve a lot of very boring tasks, usually killing stuff thats right in front of the NPC...its a huge city, you run super slow and akwardly, and the whole setting loses its charm quickly.  Its a well done world but still i found myself getting a huge urge to get some scenery variety.  My options were to run a dungeon i couldnt find a group for, or, grind mobs with a tiny backpack that fills very fast.  Also theres class issues...

theres seemingly a ton of classes, though theres really 9...all seem to be both interesting and unfun when played.  Its an issue because i keep wanted to try this interesting class i just saw, but i am sick to death of this area and dont want to level here, when i try the class it is kind of boring to play despite looking cool and interesting when i saw it.

All character movements and animations are stiff and akward, but this is a minor issue for me.

I do love the stat system.  I kind of like the simplified skill system, your not flooded with skills, however it leads to a very boring rotation that wears thin while grinding.  But the stat system is great.

I like the concept of their rune system, but with a cash shop it does make the concept more a cash cow and less interesting.

Its a complex game as far as character builds, which may lead me to suffer though the first area.  Not sure if i want to stick around.  It seems pretty quiet and dead.

I will say it does seem 100 times better than the first time around and the cash shop is not as bad as i heard it was back when they drove the community away.

This would be a good game to play while you wait for some AAA games to launch.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

@crunchy211

(any question in my reply is rhetorical just FYI)

Since this thread is about " Gaming Experience you should not miss" = ASTRAL and Not your personal experience of the game I fail to see how on earth your post contributed to the topic what so ever...

But since my time was wasted I figured I'd reply...  Everything you complained about the game is exactly the same thing in EVERY single MMO on the market currently.  Either you do not like MMORPG's or you complain about all other MMO's about the same things. It is not different then any other game in its quest system or even its skill system I don't see how this game is any different and I've played nearly all of them.  WoW and any other game released in the last 5 years is nearly the same thing. Mage, Healer, Warrior, Paladin, and other casters same ol same ol.  Go kill 20 wolfs, Bring back 15 Bear claws, Blah blah blah.. Same same same.

"All character movements and animations are stiff and akward"

The comparison of movement mechanics, I have to ask what in the world are you comparing it to because its as responsive as any game out.  Its very similar to the movement mechanics of WoW and anything else.  Way better then RODE online and a few others.  So please what game do you consider better in this regard? (Incase you didn't follow the topic in this paragraph is Movement mechanics)

This thread is NOT about the entire game or even someones over all experience of the game. I do not understand what is so difficult to understand about that..  Its about ONE experience in this game PERIOD the astral thats it.  This thread is not about your personal experience of the game its about the ASTRAL... Holy crap let me say it one more time, because it seems to be over looked, ASTRAL!!!! 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Originally posted by rojo6934

i like this game although i stopped playing long ago. Started again with my old character (lvl 10 lol).... but it feels very lonely so i get bored and quit again. Now i enter here and there but im still lvl 10 with my main and often switch to my lower level alts.

Did you try to look for a guild that accepts noobs? Level 10 is indeed low level, you can get there quite fast. If you consider that boring, then I have to wonder what type of game would keep you interested. How long did it take to get to level 10, or are you stuck on some mystery quest? If you can get help on the starter group quests you shouldn't really be having issues at level 10.

the game is not boring, i just get bored when i never find people around so i cant do group content. It took me a good chunk of time to get to lvl 10 (that was when the game started in US that exp rate was very very slow) never played again since then. It feels different now and exp is faster. Actually ive been logging in a few times and fine many people on the League side, but i prefer empire and its more empty so yeah, i rarely find people to do group quests at any time. I joined a guild but all are high levels. I dont like to skip group quests, they are kind of fun and give nice rewards.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

An Allods infomercial.

• AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

Hey, Kingarthur. Nice to see you again ;)

I'm glad you're pleased with the Astral experience. It's nice how one can now complete a quest that reduces the time it takes to build a ship, so that it just takes a matter of days.  It helps players reach the Astral experience quicker and help them experience one of the unique aspects of the game.

With that said, it would be nice to introduce the Astral to players even sooner than the level 30s range even though it's end-game content. We've made suggestions to the developers to allow players to get a taste of what the Astral is all about even if it's some form of tutorial.

As with every patch, the Astral is always changing to make the experience engaging by adding new content and re-working current mechanics. Something we will see in a future patch is increased Astral PvP. There will be incentives to get people in the Astral and fight against each other which I'm excited for.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by TheTrueKing

HI everyone I was very known on the Nezeb Server back before Gipat was released.  Kingarthur leader of the Camelot guild!

If you love MMORPGS and enjoy those jaw dropping eye popping "HOLY MONKEY SQUIRRELL!! Can you see that!!" moments then you do not want to miss Allods.  The game in many aspects are very similar to nearly all games on the market yet some how unique at the same time. 

2 Factions yes!

Linear Quest lines Yes!!

Dungeons Yes!!!

Raids Yes Yes!!

then what sets this game apart from everything else and why it is something you should not miss..... ASTRAL!!! HELL YES!!!!

After Gipat, I as well as thousands of others decided to abondone this game, I personally pushed for a boycott.  That being in the past I have a couple things to say.

If you are looking for one of those experiences that you shouldn't miss in a game then this is definitely one of those.

All the things that made the game unplayable are now fixed.  No Forced Cash shop.  No Crazy Death penalty which required cash shop items for EVERY Death. no its all playable now and if you are bored waiting for GW2 like most everyone I know, don't miss out on something amazing.

What is the Gaming Experience you shouldn't miss?  Allods ASTRAL!!  everything else is a typical mmorpg but the ASTRAL is absolutely AMAZING!!!  its like the first time you went into your first ever Raid and reached the Raid Boss in WoW.   Its like having extremely high graphics and great sound when you first ever open a RIFT in well RIFT...  Enjoy!!!

Btw level 35 will allow you to join onto someone elses Astral ship but you will be worthless to any party so level 40+ recommended with full rep gear.

I'm no longer a rabid hater of ALLODS because they fixed everything, even though it took them 2 years!

Nonetheless it is something not worth missing.

I'm sorry, but is this guy being overly sarcastic with the love for Allods given that he has GW2 signatures & stuff?

Seriously, the guy is even "praising" EVERYTHING that is horribly wrong with Allods. AM I GOING INSANE HERE, or is this person trolling so hard his/her eyes are turning brown?!

@___@?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

HI everyone I was very known on the Nezeb Server back before Gipat was released.  Kingarthur leader of the Camelot guild!

If you love MMORPGS and enjoy those jaw dropping eye popping "HOLY MONKEY SQUIRRELL!! Can you see that!!" moments then you do not want to miss Allods.  The game in many aspects are very similar to nearly all games on the market yet some how unique at the same time. 

2 Factions yes!

Linear Quest lines Yes!!

Dungeons Yes!!!

Raids Yes Yes!!

then what sets this game apart from everything else and why it is something you should not miss..... ASTRAL!!! HELL YES!!!!

After Gipat, I as well as thousands of others decided to abondone this game, I personally pushed for a boycott.  That being in the past I have a couple things to say.

If you are looking for one of those experiences that you shouldn't miss in a game then this is definitely one of those.

All the things that made the game unplayable are now fixed.  No Forced Cash shop.  No Crazy Death penalty which required cash shop items for EVERY Death. no its all playable now and if you are bored waiting for GW2 like most everyone I know, don't miss out on something amazing.

What is the Gaming Experience you shouldn't miss?  Allods ASTRAL!!  everything else is a typical mmorpg but the ASTRAL is absolutely AMAZING!!!  its like the first time you went into your first ever Raid and reached the Raid Boss in WoW.   Its like having extremely high graphics and great sound when you first ever open a RIFT in well RIFT...  Enjoy!!!

Btw level 35 will allow you to join onto someone elses Astral ship but you will be worthless to any party so level 40+ recommended with full rep gear.

I'm no longer a rabid hater of ALLODS because they fixed everything, even though it took them 2 years!

Nonetheless it is something not worth missing.

I'm sorry, but is this guy being overly sarcastic with the love for Allods given that he has GW2 signatures & stuff?

Seriously, the guy is even "praising" EVERYTHING that is horribly wrong with Allods. AM I GOING INSANE HERE, or is this person trolling so hard his/her eyes are turning brown?!

@___@?

Read the post again.   He's not praising Allods for the stuff that is wrong.  He acknowledges those things.  His post is about the Astral, which in his opinion, is what sets it apart.  

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Op,

No.

Allods Online = WoW Clone...

Rifts = Wow Clone...

(Random online game name), mostly = Wow Clone...

If I wanted to play a crappy theme park game, even for fun, I'd just play wow.. /sigh

Argh, when Allods was first released it literally looked like WoW too.. fixed? What online game, since 99% are not MMORPGs, has ever been seriously fixed/patched/corrected by the developers after relase?

Answer: ZERO!

They don't fix them! So no, I don't believe you, and even if I did and I felt compelled to play it, I would just resub to WoW...

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by Morv

*snip*

Argh, when Allods was first released it literally looked like WoW too.. fixed? What online game, since 99% are not MMORPGs, has ever been seriously fixed/patched/corrected by the developers after relase?

Answer: ZERO!

They don't fix them! So no, I don't believe you, and even if I did and I felt compelled to play it, I would just resub to WoW...

How do you know this? Have you been actively playing, and keeping tabs on, them all? I suppose you could interpret "seriously fixed" = complete rewrite, from the ground up, and then you could be right. When you claim that nothing is ever seriously fixed/patched/corrected, you're just wrong.

imageimage
  • TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

made changes to the original post to make it easier to understand...

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by demonic87

I love how you say that the astral is so awesome and we should play because of it, and then you add in at the very end of your advertisement that your useless until you grind through the linear quests to 40+. No thanks, tired of these endgame only games.

totally agree typically but Allods is actually a completely enjoyable game if you have never experienced it before.  Familiar yet unique at the same time so it is easy to learn.  Every game has Linear quests until GW2 comes out but Allods makes the typical gaming experience enjoyable.

But the ASTRAL is imo totally worth the time spent getting there.

I love how everyone says "every game has linear quests and you are doing the same thing".  This is obviously not true as I can play games with similar quest mechanics and easily point out which ones I like and which ones I don't based on questing alone.  For example I point to WoW and Lotro as having fairly decent questing for themepark games.  EQ2 and Rift would be in the medium category.  And every F2P left, such as Allods Online, Aion, Runes of Magic make questing a dull experience and don't capture the right essence the other games I pointed out, have.

Sorry, I tried to play Allods and it bored me to tears and I stopped playing around level 12.  Just lost all desire to grind quests/mobs in that game.  Aion suffers from the same problem, putting their Abyss at level 25+.  So dumb putting the bread and butter of the game way beyond the boring and dull parts.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

If you love MMORPGS and enjoy those jaw dropping eye popping "HOLY MONKEY SQUIRRELL!! Can you see that!!" moments then you do not want to miss Allods ASTRAL.  The game in many aspects is very similar to nearly all games on the market yet some how unique at the same time. SO I'm not recommending the entire game because I'll be honest its same old same old.

Compared Allods has:

2 Factions yes!

Linear Quest lines Yes!!

Dungeons Yes!!!

Raids Yes Yes!!

Then what sets this game apart from everything else and why it is something you should not miss..... ASTRAL!!! HELL YES!!!!

Allods in alone seems like a cookie cutter of all the other mmorpg's on the market but I'm not saying "ALLODS shouldn't be missed as a whole game"  I'm saying the ASTRAL as a single experience should not be missed..

If you are looking for one of those experiences that you shouldn't miss in a game then the ASTRAL is definitely one of those.

Most of the things that made the game unplayable are now fixed.  No Forced Cash shop.  No Crazy Death penalty which required cash shop items for EVERY Death. no its all playable now and if you are bored waiting for GW2 like most everyone I know, don't miss out on something amazing.

Although the game is P2W in PvP you do not need to participate in this to reach the Astral.

I'm no longer a rabid hater of ALLODS because they fixed nearly everything, even though it took them 2 years!

Nonetheless Astral in Allods is something not worth missing.

*Edited because people do not know how to read and argue absurd semantics,  I marked the changes I made to bring out the point of this topic.  I only move sentences around and then colored the points.  Added one sentence to try and get rid of confusion.

Is this a fucking joke? Please someone tell me it is.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice...

No thanks.  Been there, done that (two years ago).  I sincerely hope Gpotato is paying you to defend a game they seemed so eager to run into the ground.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by vmoped

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice...

No thanks.  Been there, done that (two years ago).  I sincerely hope Gpotato is paying you to defend a game they seemed so eager to run into the ground.

Cheers!

You can be upset about what happened over a year ago, but you don't have to blame Gala-net for it. The word is that mail.ru is the culprit that forced the dreaded patch without much of a way to soften the blow. If only they had been able to wait till more patches were ready before rolling 'em all out. Mail.ru thought it would be a good idea to try. We all know how that went.

imageimage

[Mod Edit]

imageimage
  • mrmaxiomrmaxio Member Posts: 4
    There will always be haters, haters be hating.
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Oberholzer

An Allods infomercial.

Careful I got a temp ban for posting more or less just what you did, in an Allods "advert" thread just like this one.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by mrmaxio
    There will always be haters, haters be hating.

haters goona hate * is correct use of the word

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Hokie
    Originally posted by Oberholzer

An Allods infomercial.

Careful I got a temp ban for posting more or less just what you did, in an Allods "advert" thread just like this one.

i think he got one

This discussion has been closed.