Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Scrolls of Urilla: MO Event Next Saturday, April 14th

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

It looks like a new event is planned for a week from now, in which players will be searching for the shards of a fabled hammer, once the High Priest begins the divination to make the shards temporarily visible.

"The High Priest will begin casting at (21:00 GMT+1 on Saturday the 14th) but he will only be able to make the hiding places of the hammers visible for around an hour. As the Divination begins The High Priest will be able decipher the hidden riddles and will recite them but once as the rite demands in Fabernum Square."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74145-scrolls-urilla.html

Sounds like it could be fun.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Interesting. Better concept than a free for all arena deathmatch.

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

Was pretty cool (I didn't get a shard tho - seems a lot of players had logged out some of their toons at POI across the world.

Fabernum Square was as full as I've ever seen it.

The riddles were stupidly easy, but I guess the sandoxy stuff happens now as players are bidding for shards.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

Any screenshots of said fabernum square? Curious how many shower up.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by CroniteLore

The riddles were stupidly easy, but I guess the sandoxy stuff happens now as players are bidding for shards.

Selling items is a sandbox feature?

That must make WOW a hell of a sandbox then, have you seen the amount of stuff players sell in that game.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by PReaperMO

This was the worst event yet.  I am growing disillusioned with the game and company.  So much potential but so much fail..

I finally cancelled my subs.  I think  have had enough.

care to elaborate as to why it was so bad?

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Yesterday, 18:26

GameMaster

This event is being canceled due to quality assurance concerns. Going forward this event or parts of it may be relaunched but only after we can guarantee that the creativity, challenge, and depth is sufficient.

Seems its just another poorly planned and implemented "event".  Why is it so hard for them to plan proper events given the small scale?

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by ilives

Yesterday, 18:26

GameMaster

This event is being canceled due to quality assurance concerns. Going forward this event or parts of it may be relaunched but only after we can guarantee that the creativity, challenge, and depth is sufficient.

Seems its just another poorly planned and implemented "event".  Why is it so hard for them to plan proper events given the small scale?

Here's the short answer:

The fish always rots from the head down. This implies that it does indeed rot towards the tail and MO has been doing that for 2 years.

Slightly longer:

No sane person with any ability to plan anything will ever join SV, and no creative person will ever waste their time on pretending that you can do anything fun in MO. Might as well run an event in Multiplayer Bejeweled then, both have equal game depth.

This leaves only insane, unable and uncreative people for the job of the event manager. And before anyone claims the opposite and calls me a troll: Just look at this topic. Or any other event topic. Has any ever worked? Does anyone know if any of their events have ever worked properly? At least not in the past year.

Im not sure I agree.

There seems to be a few VERY creative MO supporters,  sadly they seem to spend too much time here;).  Its too bad every event seems to end in scandal, exploitation or just major disappointment.  How hard could it be? We're talking event for only a few dozen players. Very sad indeed, but what do you expect scarping the bottom of the barrel.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Im not sure I agree.

There seems to be a few VERY creative MO supporters,  sadly they seem to spend too much time here;).  Its too bad every event seems to end in scandal, exploitation or just major disappointment.  How hard could it be? We're talking event for only a few dozen players. Very sad indeed

You do realize that the official MO forums are heavily moderated and many good ideas end up being deleted right?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

So wait.. did this event took place or was it cancelled? :S

Originally posted by Toferio

So wait.. did this event took place or was it cancelled? :S

Part 1 proved to be a failure, subsequent parts cancelled. Shocking eh?

There has not been one, single thing in all my time playing that I can point to and say they did well and it was fully functional and most of all FUN when it released.  Not one single thing in 3 years.

Well.. they've got pretty sky..

Also, if you are done, why did you just buy a third account? http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74413-just-bought-my-3rd-account-ffs.html#post1301025

However, I think this single thread, asking if Counsellors should waste their time replacing lost newbie gear shows everything there is to say about SV and their competense: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74413-just-bought-my-3rd-account-ffs.html#post1301025

Honestly, how the above is even a question.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

There has not been one, single thing in all my time playing that I can point to and say they did well and it was fully functional and most of all FUN when it released.  Not one single thing in 3 years.

Also, if you are done, why did you just buy a third account? http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74413-just-bought-my-3rd-account-ffs.html#post1301025

However, I think this single thread, asking if Counsellors should waste their time replacing lost newbie gear shows everything there is to say about SV and their competense: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74413-just-bought-my-3rd-account-ffs.html#post1301025

Does make me question why any sane person who thinks what he posted would buy a third account :)

Possibly its some imposter but who cares. I beleive he is right in saying every event failed to some degree, they try running events designed for a non sandbox enviroment and then throw the rattle out the pram when the event doesnt go how they planned and the community do something unexpected. Thats not to say fun wasnt had at many of those failed events but it depends on what side you were participating when the event when sour.

Considering GM Discord was a GM on UO Catskills im suprised he is so inept at running a sandbox style event.

I do think Awkening will be bug ridden, i also beleive the ai will not live up to the hype and also some features may well be absent upon release, but still its going to improve the game and add something new to experience for MO players.

But i do not think awakening will change anyones mind who have already made their minds up about MO in regards to if the game is good or bad. Worth playing or not.

Those who quit the game due to bugs, dodgy ai or being killed by pks every few seconds will be disapointed when they return to the game after awakening and those who quit through bordom will be content for a few months.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

Thats not princereaper, his english is way way too good.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Cyde77

Thats not princereaper, his english is way way too good.

yup prince reaper confimed it isnt him and it is to well written to fool anyone into thinking it was him anyway.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by Talonsin

Im not sure I agree.

There seems to be a few VERY creative MO supporters,  sadly they seem to spend too much time here;).  Its too bad every event seems to end in scandal, exploitation or just major disappointment.  How hard could it be? We're talking event for only a few dozen players. Very sad indeed

You do realize that the official MO forums are heavily moderated and many good ideas end up being deleted right?

I was referring to the creativity used here in hopes of promoting the game.   I've read many a grand tale of fantasy here on the old MO forum.