Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eligium: GDC 2012 Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During the Game Developer's Conference, we had the opportunity to check in with the team behind Eligium. See what we discovered about the game that's scheduled to hit retail release in Q2 2012.

We sat down with the folks at Frogster during this year’s Game Developers Conference to check out their upcoming free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Eligium – The Chosen One. The game is set in the eponymous world of Eligium, where players will fill the role of the hero chosen to drive back demons that are seeking to destroy the world. It’s not exactly a mind-blowing setting, but I imagine anyone interested in playing this game may not care too much about that.

Read more of Mike Bitton's Eligium: GDC 2012 Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    Omg pandas!! LOL *sigh*
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

why is it, when i saw the picture MMORPG used for this piece i thought i had mis-clicked and hit the panda wow expansion @_@";

what the heck is up with the panda fetish this year??  is every "new" mmo going to have some big teddy wanna be pet/PC toon?

i wonder how this game will stack up to frogsters other  games.. i'v played afew and the few i have, most were pretty heavy on the cash shop :/

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Haha oh man.  How orginal.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

what the heck is up with the panda fetish this year??  is every "new" mmo going to have some big teddy wanna be pet/PC toon?
    The onset of panda clones is upon us!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

wtf pandas pandas pandas..

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Now I know how that annoying company got hold of my e-mail to spam me with some Eligium bullshit...

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

omg more pandas! hope every new and old game gets some pandalike expansion now, afterall wow did it, they all shall follow. Long live the panda.

• DixonHillDixonHill Member UncommonPosts: 89

Hm, that picture reminds me of another game...the UI looks pretty familiar, and that  Panda character, hm. Cant remember.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

What game was it?? Earth Eternal or something like that where there were only animals and no humanoids?

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

Pandas?  Ok, not for me.

Checking with my six year old...

Sorry, she says playing with pandas is for little kids.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

Man this should be illegal, WOW already has Kung-Fu Pandas. 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by medafor

Man this should be illegal, WOW already has Kung-Fu Pandas. 

To be accurate, WoW doesn't have pandas yet, and Eligium announced it would have pandas in-game slightly before WoW did.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.