Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eligium: GDC 2012 Preview

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,584MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

During the Game Developer's Conference, we had the opportunity to check in with the team behind Eligium. See what we discovered about the game that's scheduled to hit retail release in Q2 2012.

We sat down with the folks at Frogster during this year’s Game Developers Conference to check out their upcoming free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Eligium – The Chosen One. The game is set in the eponymous world of Eligium, where players will fill the role of the hero chosen to drive back demons that are seeking to destroy the world. It’s not exactly a mind-blowing setting, but I imagine anyone interested in playing this game may not care too much about that.

Read more of Mike Bitton's Eligium: GDC 2012 Preview.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• KaezKaez Nepean, ONPosts: 80Member
    Omg pandas!! LOL *sigh*
  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member

why is it, when i saw the picture MMORPG used for this piece i thought i had mis-clicked and hit the panda wow expansion @_@";

what the heck is up with the panda fetish this year??  is every "new" mmo going to have some big teddy wanna be pet/PC toon?

i wonder how this game will stack up to frogsters other  games.. i'v played afew and the few i have, most were pretty heavy on the cash shop :/

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

• WorstluckWorstluck the valley, CAPosts: 1,269Member

Haha oh man.  How orginal.

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,760Member Uncommon

what the heck is up with the panda fetish this year??  is every "new" mmo going to have some big teddy wanna be pet/PC toon?

The onset of panda clones is upon us!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon

wtf pandas pandas pandas..

• MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,714Member Uncommon

Now I know how that annoying company got hold of my e-mail to spam me with some Eligium bullshit...

Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu BilbaoPosts: 250Member

omg more pandas! hope every new and old game gets some pandalike expansion now, afterall wow did it, they all shall follow. Long live the panda.

• DixonHillDixonHill SchleswigPosts: 154Member

Hm, that picture reminds me of another game...the UI looks pretty familiar, and that  Panda character, hm. Cant remember.

• TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 4,036Member Uncommon

What game was it?? Earth Eternal or something like that where there were only animals and no humanoids?

• AlalalaAlalala Gabrielston, SCPosts: 311Member

Pandas?  Ok, not for me.

Checking with my six year old...

Sorry, she says playing with pandas is for little kids.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,294Member Uncommon

why do I feel the vampire craze is over and we're heading for a pandamania?

• RetiredRetired los angeles, CAPosts: 743Member

Man this should be illegal, WOW already has Kung-Fu Pandas. 

• RohnRohn Saint Peters, MOPosts: 3,740Member Uncommon

Originally posted by medafor

Man this should be illegal, WOW already has Kung-Fu Pandas. 

To be accurate, WoW doesn't have pandas yet, and Eligium announced it would have pandas in-game slightly before WoW did.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.