Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a perfect game for me would be...

a combination of -

+ TERA's combat + pvp + art style + world design (character(too sexy, too much eye candy)/mob/environment)

+ GW2's dynamic's world events + W v W v W + pve

+ xsyon's craft system

+ woww's community base + seamless world

+ UO's exploring

+ mincraft's fun - player created world

+ Archage's destroyable world environment

--------------------------------------

perfect game for me.. happy easter! :D

Comments

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210

One that catered to only my desires and disregarded all else, including the profitability of their product.

I kid.

But sometimes thats what it seems players in this genre expect.

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

The skills system of UO

+

Crafting system of SWG Pre-CU

+

The housing of UO and SWG combined (non-instanced housing)

+

The fun-ness of Rift (for me anyway)

+

A hobby system like UO's fishing

+

Item decay

+

Single Character Servers

+

The pvp of DAoC

+

Non instanced dungeons

+

More stuff I cant think of yet...

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

A mixture of Assassins Creed, Skyrim,  [  slot 1 ] and [ slot 2 ]. All based on World of Warcraft's world (including lore and characters of course).

NOTE: insert names of two games with an excelent crafting system and cool non instanced housing in slot 1 and 2.

Also its Buy 2 play, no cash shop, no subscription. A perfect game doesnt need more money to stay alive..... its a perfect game...

1 huge World, several factions (ala skyrim) in the same open world. Every decision you make has real consequences, therefore, making you ally of other faction  and resulting other factions becoming your enemie. (which determines who you PvP with / against). That would be PvP based of the reputation you build towards certain factions to be their ally or enemie in battle.

Also have the option of full blown open PvP with everyone if you so desire. No PvE dungeons. All PvE is out there for you to explore the world and fight open world bosses and all kinds of monsters.  Monsters are not static waiting for you to kill them. Their reactions will depend on how you behave while in certain distance.

NPCs are not static either, they will live their lives. For example, an NPC walks towards a merchant, they will have a short  voiced conversation and they will walk around the store showing the products for a while, etc. just like in real life.

A much improved criminal system from Skyrim.

Full interaction and destruction of the entire game environment. And it wont just suddenly respawn, if cast fire spells at a wooden house and burn it down you get penalized and the town will hire npcs to rebuild it and you get to see the process. This also plays a part in crafting, you can build houses on your own or join crafting factions and build stuff with them to earn money and influence with that faction. By joining them and working for them you become ally with other players that belong to that faction (for PvP purposes) and become enemy with that faction's rivals. You can always betray your faction and do quest  or work for other factions to become their allies. Also can be ally or enemy of everyone.

i can keep going on with my Perfect game. But unless i study game developing and design myself i will never see that coming.

EDIT: SInce there are no classes or trinity, you build your character however you want with no weapon restriction or anything. Only difference is if you join a faction your proficiency will increase only with that factions types of equipment.

Combat doesnt have to be realistic as long as its fun, and you can control each hand differently (like in skyrim). With both, first person, over the shoulder, and third person perspefctives fully supported. You also get to pick how you want your combat style... tab targeting, click to attack, ground target... all options are viable, just choose it on settings.

Did i say its an mmorpg? lol

oh sweet and perfect game....

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

for me it would be:

from wurm terraforming, skill progression, and harvesting

from vanguard huge world, diplomacy, different equipmnets for harv.craft/comb/diplomacy, crafting process, housing (with wurms freeform placement) and shipbuilding

from ryzom or swg material stats for crafting

from GW2 dynamic events + exploration

from horizons world progression (unlocking new races, areas etc)

from atlantica online turn based combat (or card based from wizard 101)

from wakfu ability to "plant" plants and monsters

from wizards 101 minigames

from lotro (or vanguard) graphics of the world

from istaria (horizons) or ryzom ability to add effect to crafted items

from lotr chance for critical craft

from runes of magic (if i remember correctly) furniture bonuses into skillgain

edit: also from xsyon ability to scavenge random items or repices from world

• caractaccaractac Member UncommonPosts: 11

...the Original SWG Game mechanics! Almost any Theme will do, just give me what I had and what I had for to do.

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

Hahaha, I like the person that said a game shouldnt have a subscription or a cash shop.

You truly have no idea how things work.

So the Devs will work for free to fix bugs and patch in new stuff. The companies hosting the servers will just write off the data costs for downloads and uploads. Advertising costs will be waived.

Sounds neat.

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

one guy sayd iten decay

why the heck you want iten decay?

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

Originally posted by Azureal

Hahaha, I like the person that said a game shouldnt have a subscription or a cash shop.

So the Devs will work for free to fix bugs and patch in new stuff. The companies hosting the servers will just write off the data costs for downloads and uploads. Advertising costs will be waived.

Sounds neat.

actly ive thinking about it some time ago.

imagine a game like TSW with merchandising,coca cola machines,outdoors,tv anoucements on rail stations,cloths with grifs.

more over,they even can include companys on the game:

-(apples mr.jhonson) pst,hey chum,i need you to kill bill gates...

or even achivements

GRATZ you have drink your 100k bottle of heineken

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

= Guild Wars 2 (for me) all features and known mechanics (cash shop is also fine)

= +housing, not just personal space on a street, but instanced is fine, crafting profession for making furniture

= community and guilds of EQ2's Everfrost server

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• DominisiDominisi Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 95

Originally posted by Heinz130

one guy sayd iten decay

why the heck you want iten decay?

Item decay ensures that the player driven economy continues. If the items you own never break then once everybody has equipment the demand for items will drasticly drop, destroying the player driven economy.

• SuffurSuffur Member UncommonPosts: 24

The class system of FFXI combined with the talent point system of Rift and the Raids of WoW.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Sounds neat.

Uhm... You do know that games have been developed and supported with box sales alone since the dawn of video gaming, don't you? And apart from few of the most high profile titles, MMORPGs do not cost any more money to develop than conventional videogames.

Actually IIRC original WoW cost as much as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare to develop.

Monthly fee, DLCs and adding a cash shop increases profits, and more importantly ROI, so they are a more lucrative investment than those that don't squeeze you dry at every turn. Nobody works for free.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    My perfect game... which I know 90% of you will NOT like...

No instancing.. all open world

No healing, just first-aid

No little fairies, gnomes, dwarves or imps

Aging process and eventual death of ALL chars

Perma-Death....

After you die, you have the option to start new or live through your bloodline and any weapon recovered will be a strong relic with-in your bloodline ex. first char was named "Godrick - now dead" so his son would be the second char named "Godfrey" and wielding the recovered sword of "Godrick" will grant him special stats

Mages strong but played with extreme difficulty (similar to SWG's Jedi)

Clerics have a "stronger" first-aid and boost moral and combat ability but no heals

All items have a purpose

Crafting and housing of course

Working bounty system

Oh no jumping... I hate bunny hopping

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

Bioware beta tests and introduces their vision and nobody likes.......So they take it back and rework it to make everyone happy........What gets released....Star Wows.......I blame you all!   My perfect game would be one where they tell the PvPers to get stuffed and they actually mean it.....Crafting actually results in making stuff that is on par or better than the gear everyone raids for day in and day out......The final thing was a game that mowed my yard, and listened to my wife intently while i played in another room but I'll have to just settle for noise canceling headset, the anti-wife agro edition.....

EVE with ground like deus ex with full ground sandbox content

why not?

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

The skills system of UO

+

Crafting system of SWG Pre-CU

+

The housing of UO and SWG combined (non-instanced housing)

+

The fun-ness of Rift (for me anyway)

+

A hobby system like UO's fishing

+

Item decay

+

Single Character Servers

+

The pvp of DAoC

+

Non instanced dungeons

+

More stuff I cant think of yet...

I am glad that you stated 1 toon servers with a full player crafted economy

here is where I would go.

Below is a collection of things I have played and liked, basically all wrapped into a single game.

The best game is about options. and many different choices. NEVER be locked into anything in the game. (save maybe breeds and gender) but I think those should be aesthetic only.

The game itself would be a hybrid game. Galactic space travellers land on a world where native people have inherent abilities like psionics or something. This will allow for players to choose a tradiditional fantasy or Sci Fi  in the same world.

Game is classless. All abilities and skills are trainable to any toon at any point. You just have to want to level it. There is a little known game out there called Ryzom. The game is aging and almost no playerbase left. Which is a shame because they have a concept that is just so simple and yet so awesome. It's this. You can do whatever you

want. If you apply the experience to it. You want to build a crafter, Then you go craft. . Then you decide to be a mage, well, just go take up casting. Then you decide you want hack at stuff with a big sword...then you go level that. TC...no limits. There is no overall cap or pool of experience. You have skills based on what you have leveled., You could be level 100 in crafting but level 20 in Fighting and maybe 40 in Magic. and 110 in gathering. But you simply change gears and do something else and level it. Its like having all your alts wrapped into one toon. It was all what you decided to pursue. It's like SWG only better. (Since this is what I loved about SWG. Difference in SWG was that if you leveled a Rifle master then decided you want to be a doctor, you have to give up your rifle skills. But in Ryzom, you could just be both. You are never done with your character. Make your role defined by the gear you wear. So if you are wearing healing gear, you aren't gonging to be very effective as a fighter. Changing gear would take just long enough to make you entirely unable to do it mid fight without issues. This would keep OPness down through role focusing. (in a way, it would be a bit like Rift's soul system, but based on equipped gear.

Content:

would be another issue. There needs to be stuff to do and gear to get and ways to advance your character based on weather or not teams are available. It is in this way that Anarchy is one of my favorites. There is literally so many things to do endgame it's ridiculous I can't even get into all the different things to do. It's a lot. The major flaw with it however, is that it's almost 100% team based. If your buds are offline, you might as well be too. You aren't doing much of any of it. So, for those times, there should be solo content. OK, so build a Themepark in your sandbox for solo stuff. You can get good gear and good experience, Respectable stuff. But the best stuff will

be crafted, but at no time, will the solo player be out of something to do.

Gear:

Almost everything else that you ever use is created by other players. However. making them better is what you do endgame.Crafting. I like the crafting system in Ryzom. There are so many factors that go into the stuff you make. Materials can be gathered from killing mobs or harvested from the ground. The item can represent a particular slot component. So if you are making a ring for example, the "stone" setting could come from different sources, from something harvested like gemstone, or from a mob such as an eye. But it's not just about filling a slot, it's the type of material that determines the overal effect. so you can mix and match to create many different stat combinations. There is also material quality as well. That just scratches the surface.

Pets:

I cannot stand the game as a whole but, Rappelz has one of the best pet systems in an RPG, I am sure you are familiar. But breeding and combining pets. OK, lose the card mechanic, but adapt.

Anyway, I think you get the idea, Take proven features in certain games and make one great one.

Originally posted by Heinz130

EVE with ground like deus ex with full ground sandbox content

why not?

TSW combat system,well reminded

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

For the folks wanting freeform house placement... so be it.

As long as I can have location effects on players houses.

Did you put down your 10 million gold castle right at the entrance of the world killer dragon's cave? Ok, he comes out torches your caslte, and all your items, melts your gold into the ground and leaves you penniless, naked and dead.

The castle is rubble and by tomorrow real time, it will be gone completely.

And this doesn't just happen for the biggest baddest dragon. Put it near a lavalflow? near a giant's steading?, the entrance of the dungeon of elementals? yea, you know the drill here today gone tomorrow.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

My perfect game would include the following:       *disclaimer, this is'nt an exclusive list as there are other things I will forget I want in the game*

1. No Fed-Ex quests.  Leveling is via Dynamic events like GW2 for solo minded individuals or Questing (only can have 1 quest in your journal at a time) similar to Asherons Call for the Group Minded players.  See the following Link for my ideal type of quest: http://ac.wikkii.net/wiki/Apostate_Citadel or http://ac.wikkii.net/wiki/Monouga_Laboratory are just a sample of the type of in-depth group questing that should be included in my optimal MMO, Not the go kill 10 Reindeer like the bullsh*t that is in Tera.

2. A loot system that is similar to Diablo and Asheron's Call.  Instead of having the best gear come from raids, the best gear should come from luck of the drop.

3. Economy that is tied to player created modes, nto one associated with the monetary system of the game.  Instead of having Bind on Pickup and Bind on Aquire you have no binding but the economy becomes tied to gear or alternate currency.

4. PvP that is similar to DAoC/GW2.

5. Removal of Capital cities, the world should be alive and the cities should be a place of fellowship and not a hot spot or glorified lobby.

6. A classless skill based leveling system very similar to Asherons Call but tied to the original GW1 or TSW system of limited number of skills one can have on their combat bars.

7. Player Made housing set out in the Open World but set up in specific places similar to AC.

8. No instancing what so ever.

9. Combat as polished and fun as WoW.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

Originally posted by Dissolution

One that catered to only my desires and disregarded all else, including the profitability of their product.

I kid.

i actually think sandbox could be hugely profitable as long as you make it accessible eg. minecraft

every sandbox out there is extremely unaccessible.

sandbox is also cheaper and more sustainable. devs dont have to constantly pump out content to keep people subbed.

devs just need to rediscover their balls and do something different for a change

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Ok. 

For me:

Take the budget for SWTOR and give the money to me. 

The End.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

Ok. 

For me:

Take the budget for SWTOR and give the money to me. 

The End.

LOL, just spending it on personal pleasures and dumping 300M into the economy would have a more positive impact that SWTOR

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by bishbosh

Originally posted by Dissolution

I kid.

i actually think sandbox could be hugely profitable as long as you make it accessible eg. minecraft

every sandbox out there is extremely unaccessible.

sandbox is also cheaper and more sustainable. devs dont have to constantly pump out content to keep people subbed.

devs just need to rediscover their balls and do something different for a change

The games with the polish that meet the standards of todays MMORPG genre are ordinarilly backed by big corporate names. These names issue devs the type of balls they want them to have and fund their ability to touch said balls.

I am quite certain the devs want many different things. However, after the money tells them what balls they will pay to grab and what balls they will not pay to rab it is ultimately not their choice.

• yewsefyewsef Member CommonPosts: 335
    I would not want to play the op's MMORPG.