Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All SWTOR players receive 25(twenty-five) guest invites to hand out

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I think it is safe to say SWTOR has not done as well as they hoped.  I played it to lvl 25 but each planet felt like I pressed a big reset button and started all over again and world just felt too empty.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by flclimax

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18752-star-wars-the-old-republic-gives-players-each-25-friend-invites/

they're really pushing hard. three free weekends back to back and now this. they're really getting it out there.

Why they don't wait until Patch 1.2 before doing all of this is just beyond me. They should be inviting people back to the game once they have fixed the major issues (UI customisation, constant Huttball) and not beforehand.

• BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145

I'd say good riddance to SWTOR but hey, good luck would be more in order, since they'll need it, and a lot of it.

Anyway, my guild played it, finished it, even tho we're pvp guild we got all pve stuff in few weeks, got battlemaster even before Ilum "exploit", pvp sucked, Ilum sucked, people start quiting, goodbye SWTOR.

And our guildmaster was in touch with the devs all the time since beta...he even took time to prepare documents with maps and charts how to help the game. Effect...0. Imbalances...listen to forum QQ and "fix" something, just to quiet ppl down. Sad sad management of what could (and by all rights should-if you look at $$ invested) be the best game up to date, instead it was a POS game with no MMO feeling at all.

It would be nice if we could identfy whose fault it was exactly (EA or Bioware people) and more specifically, which individuals within the companies so they'd be forever named and shamed. After all, someone has to give orders and has a final say what goes. Now all crappy devs/gurus just move from one company or another citing their "sucessful" past work as reference. Bleh.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

25 invite keys. I sense a small amount of desperation. Really though, who would recommend this when half the servers are dead? You can tell just by reading SWTOR forums.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

If they are paper just burn them.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

This is what happens when you try to clone a gamestyle that is over 7 years old - even older if you want to include the EQ gear grind. 

It didn't work for all the other crap clones. Did they think the Star Wars name would save them?

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    SWTOR is the Ishtar of video games.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

edit:  oops please disregard this post.  I didn't mean to hit submit, unfortuantely cannot delete posts ;p I have no opinion on the matter. Oh and this:

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

More like a Breacher..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

A wonderful voyage!

http://vimeo.com/39926851

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Lucky it's not Heavens Gate that brought down the studio.
  • KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by RefMinor

I was initially going to reference Heaven's Gate, but I figured it would be even more obscure than Ishtar considering the median age of the audience. image

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

Originally posted by RefMinor

I was initially going to reference Heaven's Gate, but I figured it would be even more obscure than Ishtar considering the median age of the audience. image

Maybe Battlefield Earth has the requisite price/quality/success ratio along with being one for the kids.
  • mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

May not be my thing but if someone sends me an invite, I'll give it a go....

[email protected]

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Why would I want to punish 25 friends?

1-2 I can think of, but 25!

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

They have had 3 free weekends as has been stated several times now. For my friends wanting to try it and waiting I have already told them they got their free trial chance. If they wanted to they have their chance. Giving out guest invites does nothing.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

*sigh*

I have a 60-day timecard for SWTOR sitting in my pen cup on my desk. It sits there and taunts me. Continuosly. 

No, I won't give it away. It's mine. It's a reminder to me not to buy 60-day timecards for new games. In a way, I feel like I should use it before SWTOR goes f2p. But I just don't feel like doing it. I just can't muster the energy to even log in.

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

Originally posted by Mellkor

Sorry to say, But if someone came to me and said "Which would i get more value for money out of wow or swtor?" Im sorry i would have to direct them to WoW.

In fact I would only direct them to the game if they were a star wars fan, as many mmorpgs offer nearly all the features of swtor and more.

There's quite a few of us Star Wars fans who regard SWG even in its NGE incarnation as a better Star Wars mmorpg. Just saying.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

agree I think SWG was a better starwars game b/c it wsnt a WoW clone. 

• Rambo621Rambo621 Member UncommonPosts: 30

Bioware has completely gone down the toilet, mainly starting with Dragon Age II. I didn't buy it (played a friend's copy) and I haven't bought  Bioware game since. All I hear is horrible things about their products these days, what is going on??? Used to be one of my favorite companies...

Please don't ban me again for expressing my opinion moderators, you guys are ridiculous. Can't criticize anyone/anything any more without threat of being banned.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Rambo621

Bioware has completely gone down the toilet, mainly starting with Dragon Age II. I didn't buy it (played a friend's copy) and I haven't bought  Bioware game since. All I hear is horrible things about their products these days, what is going on??? Used to be one of my favorite companies...

Please don't ban me again for expressing my opinion moderators, you guys are ridiculous. Can't criticize anyone/anything any more without threat of being banned.

You only have 22 posts and yet you've been banned a lot? Is this an alternate account?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Rambo621Rambo621 Member UncommonPosts: 30

This isn't really relevant to the topic so I don't wanna talk about it here, that's just a post I put in for the moderators because they dislike my very blunt way of making comments on here.

But yeah my roommate also played SWTOR on the weekend and has never looked back. I just told him that they're doing these events most likely because the game sucks and is failing, this new thing kinda proves that more.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ok guys!NOW you can bring in sub most that had first 60 days card plus the free month?our time is up!

Originally posted by Rambo621

The trick is to criticise the opinion or the product and not the person. ie, not you are stupid for liking the game but the game is stupid because.....