Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mount&Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC and why you must buy!

PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

The Warband mod "Mount&Musket" has a dedicated player base of thousands of players. Most simply don't know it but behind the scenes HUGE line battles take place. I used to play the mod on and off and never really understood why people bothered to join a regiment when there's only 2-3 public servers and it's just conquest style game-play.

Then I got invited into a regiment and thrown into a 200+ player battle on the Waterloo map. Holy jesus, it changed my whole perception of the game. I never thought so many players could be organized to fight coherent 18th century-style line battles. But it's being done!

Here are some videos showcasing the battles;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3dItdlJ3Xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TzevYQJpNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzuXn8VQa7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHCou1GHqU8

This new DLC plans to update the graphics, music, add a new faction (Austria), new units, destructible buildings and bridges, sapper class that lets you build and about 22+ new maps, and a lot more. This is created by the developers of the original mod who are now working in part with TaleWorlds which is great.

For £8 this is truly worth it and I hope more people find out how fun the line battles are, it's nothing like other games provide, totally unique and fun experience.

Regiments differ between each other, some are more focused on discipline while other prefer a more relaxed mess-around style. It depends on what you're looking for. This is a totally community-based game, the events are hosted by players not the developers which is what makes it special. The player base is there if you wanted to buy a server and host an event.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,280.0.html

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I love M&B:WB but have never tried thi... it looks great.

REAL PvP, not gankfest ez mode bs. Good vids :)

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

heard a lot about M&B and that this expansion is coming.  Is it line battles only or is it more open world? 

Currently bored with MMO's.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Lol, looks cool, might have to get that. The first one was a lot of fun, haven't played any versions since though.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Just waiting for it to appear on Steam so I can buy it.  It's up on Gamersgate already, but non-Steam version.  I just hope this is better than Fire and Sword.  I have a feeling it will be, and it's only going to be $10 or so.

is it stand alone? Or do you need the others?

Originally posted by ElderRat

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MBWNW/mount-and-blade-warband-napoleonic-wars

Check that out Elder.  You will need M&B Warband to play.  You should buy Warband if you don't have it already though.  It's really an awesome game IMO.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I've been in a few battles and my only criticism is we really need more girls/women playing.

Originally posted by Worstluck

Check that out Elder.  You will need M&B Warband to play.  You should buy Warband if you don't have it already though.  It's really an awesome game IMO.

Thanks, am considering it.

ok, Paradox... yea I love their games - just got Crusader Kings II for my Strategy fix and am loving it.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

SACRE MOO!!!

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

ok, Paradox... yea I love their games - just got Crusader Kings II for my Strategy fix and am loving it.

M&B: Warband is pretty epic imo, highly recommend it.  Single player mode is sandbox, you start out with very little and can eventually rise to power.  There are tons of mods for it, all different kinds.  Multiplayer is still active, never have a problem finding a server with a lot people.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Me too... Paradox seem to publish some great games that other labels wouldn't touch because they wouldn't generate 'enough revenue' and fill a lot of the gaps in the market. Them and Telltale Games are two of my favourite gaming compaines right now.

Very glad they are around.

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

Look a gg,its just the playbility dont look great,im correct?

btw i play wwII ol has my war game,despising the euip performance unbalance btw axis allied

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I've only played the original, how bad is the lag with all the players? Also for those that have never tried M&B, it truly has the best combat I ahve ever played.

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

aparently no lag,at last on the videos

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Love the commander in the video, awesome!  I remember playing a Napoleonic era mod for M&B Warband years ago.  This must be a different one now.  Nice job.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Now that's my idea of a RPG. You actually have to learn how to drill and fight like the weapons of the day dictated.

I could see well drilled teams being able to form square, march in L' order mixt'e, and even use light infantry skirmish screens. Now if they could only make servers capable of what planetside 2 numbers are going to be, 1-2K players. That would be epic.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

This is seriously the best game ever made. £8 such a good price.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Holy Shit...this game is epic !!!

I did buy warband+Napoleonic Wars and had a blast in my first battle....

Spawned as an Austrian Trooper and we were fighting the french army. There were maybe almost 200 players around, this was totally crazy and really really coool. The french did advance with ships loaded full of infantry, aswell with cavallery and men on foot. 

On the Austrian side we had to hold a fortress, with multiple canons on top. There are classes who can use and fire them. There is an engeneer class who can build defences i.e. sandbags, fortification, explosives and a lot more.

Hey guys you have to try this, amazing really amazing to play with so many players and especially with troops from this time. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I don't think I would play it but it is very fun just to watch them!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

There is another cool class, the musician. You play with the drum, flute or trumpet and your friendly troops get a buff with it...they have even the scottish pipes, love it hehe.

Combine this all what I said in the post before and you have really a cool 200 men battle, a purpose to do pvp in form of defending or attacking fortresses for example.

The game offers really refreshing massive multiplayer pvp...definately worth to try this game and really a gem.