Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera censoring?

avaliceheartavaliceheart Member Posts: 24

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I saw some images from TERA where the Elin were somewhat censored.  I asked my friend, but he said this wasn't true.  I don't know what to believe, actually.

I think it's pretty silly..I mean..it was ok in Korea but not in the US?  I would think they are more conservative than we are, considering how many music videos get banned in the industry, and the content aren't even close to your typical US music video.  What do you guys think?

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

yeah, they put bigger pants on the elim.  Really not a big deal.

I don't care either way myself... I will save my outrage and rightous indignation regarding censoring for something that actually matters.

people can still go google more explicit anime stuff if they need to fap. 

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

They just threw some bland armor textures on the crotch/belly area. Western culture doesn't like lolicon-ish stuff, but yes it's fine over in the East.

• dnadestinyxdnadestinyx Member Posts: 22

Yeah, I guess it's for real, at least from what I hear.  It's not that big a deal to me to begin with (I mean when they were wearing skimpy underwear). I don't get the purpose of censoring that...who complained? lol.  But I agree with the above poster..It's too small a deal to complain about or whatever. I'm more concerned with the actual gameplay itself and how everything balances out.  I tried the game a bit in closed beta, and I barely cared about the censor issue.

• ValmarillValmarill Member Posts: 21

This entire topic of discussion is madness. 

First off, if anyone is looking at the equivalent of cartoon characters and getting those kind of thoughts, they have issues. Secondly, (and to be ridiculous to make a point) if you go to the beach and see a kid in a bathing suit, you aren't thinking impure thoughts are you? If you are, you might want to seek professional help. 

That said, whatever they have to do to get the game on the shelves here is part of being a business. People scream censorship but it's the way of the country and is not the gaming production company. If they cave to pressue it's because they did foresee a potential issue with marketting and lawsuits. That or they were concerned they'd have to rate the game in such a way that they'd limit their audience. Blame this country and it's far right swinging political pendulum, not the people who want to bring the game here.

Ultimately, the ones who are upset about this have nothing to lose if the "uncensored" Elin hits the market. It's the gaming company who risks everything. To be quite frank, they are in a lose-lose situation now. No matter what they do, someone isn't going to be happy. Being upset about it isn't going to change a thing.