Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

General: Counter-Strike Online 2 Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,610MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Valve and Nexon have announced that they are co-joining forces to bring players Counter-Strike Online 2. Counter-Strike Online 2 will offer enhanced graphics, more realistic gameplay and powerful impact sensations powered by an enhanced version of the Source engine. The game will also feature various game modes enhancing its original game experience with new and improved environments, weapons, equipment customization and more.

Under the terms of the agreement, Nexon Korea will develop and be the exclusive publisher of Counter-Strike Online 2 in Japan, Korea, China and other areas in Southeast Asia. Nexon Korea intends to continue to leverage its proven development expertise and deep understanding of local markets to make Counter-Strike Online 2 one of the leading first-person shooter titles in the region.

Source: Email press release


image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • pompey606pompey606 milfordPosts: 435Member Uncommon

    eh?

    image

  • IngvarIngvar TallinnPosts: 183Member Uncommon

    april 1st?

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    What am I reading?

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • doctorvkqvjdoctorvkqvj Irvine, CAPosts: 5Member

    CS2? serious?

  • BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsPosts: 2,280Member Common

    Huh? And with Nexon?

    I mean........huh?

    10
  • OnomicOnomic TønsbergPosts: 196Member

    Strange, i guess asia wont Cs Go since this is planned.

  • unclemounclemo parker, COPosts: 396Member Uncommon

    Yea...about that next episode of Half Life....

  • Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 ManchesterPosts: 268Member

    Theyve had a CounterStrike Online for a long time, ive no idea why its never come to western audiences, it seems like it would be easy money to me...

    Interesting they are working on a second, maybe this one will make it overseas someday.

  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member

    wow just wow... nexon really?? rofl valve must not care about their CS... unless magically nexon kr is differant then nexon na... wonder if this will use steam... or the nexon launcher

    CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

    <image

  • WorstluckWorstluck the valley, CAPosts: 1,269Member

    Originally posted by Ichmen

    wow just wow... nexon really?? rofl valve must not care about their CS... unless magically nexon kr is differant then nexon na... wonder if this will use steam... or the nexon launcher




     

     

    I do not believe this has anything to do with Steam.  Basically from what I gathered from Counter Strike Online 1 website, it's just CS 1.6 licenced to Nexeon.  It doesn't even use the same enging as CS source, it uses GldSrc.  Nexon developed their own stuff, add the ALL IMPORTANT money grubbing cash shop, and added some kind of other game modes, a bot campaign, and even female characters.  It's bascially CS for people who can't use Steam.

     

    It's never come to western audiences because we already have the ever popular CS 1.6 and CSS.  Also soon we are getting CS:GO, which apparently wont be released in those regions that get this game.  Plus this appears to be developed specifically for Southeast Asia.  Maybe original CS is too violent Idk.

    image

  • black_isleblack_isle IstanbulPosts: 239Member Uncommon

    Isn't a new CS big news, like really big?

  • WorstluckWorstluck the valley, CAPosts: 1,269Member

    Originally posted by black_isle

    Isn't a new CS big news, like really big?

     

    No.  This is a not a CS game developed by Valve.  Valve has merely licenced the original Counter Strike to Nexon so they could make a free version out of it.  This is the second installment of the game, not sure what base engine it is using.  It's made specifically for Southeast Asian countries and I doubt you could even play it outside of those countries. 

     

    Now, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, which is being developed by Valve and is currently in beta is big news. 

    image

  • eyceleycel rolling hillz, PAPosts: 1,334Member

    I just about did a back flip when I seen Counter stike and 2 in the same sentence, shouldnt scare people like this!

     

    image

  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,356Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by eycel

    I just about did a back flip when I seen Counter stike and 2 in the same sentence, shouldnt scare people like this!

     


     

    They have a real counterstrike coming out soon, called Counterstrike : Global Offensive. It is shaping up to be really cool looking.

  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore salem, ORPosts: 672Member

    i personally love nexon and played combat arms for years and thoroughly enjoyed beating the snot out of hackers. I will definately give CS2 a try. I can only assume it will be ported over in a f2p version in the states as well.

    Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

  • DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,405Member Uncommon

    Counter-Strike was good back in 2000-2002.

     

    The game is now so archaic. I mean... you don't even have iron sights.

  • MeltdownMeltdown Home, NHPosts: 1,184Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by mmoDAD

    Counter-Strike was good back in 2000-2002.

    The game is now so archaic. I mean... you don't even have iron sights.

    What an absurd statement, Steam tracking


    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/





    CS or CS:S out-does CoD3 on steam. I know CoD is on consoles and outside of steam, but still at any time there are at least 100,000 people playing Counter-Strike or Counter-Strike Source... It is still the cream of the crop of competitive FPS.

    **edit*

    Sorry had to pull out the copy/paste of their table was taking up a lot of room.

    Good lord is something wrong with posting all my posts are getting so many newlines added...

    "They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member

    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

    Valve and Nexon have announced that they are co-joining forces to bring players Counter-Strike Online 2. Counter-Strike Online 2 will offer enhanced graphics, more realistic gameplay and powerful impact sensations powered by an enhanced version of the Source engine. The game will also feature various game modes enhancing its original game experience with new and improved environments, weapons, equipment customization and more.

    Under the terms of the agreement, Nexon Korea will develop and be the exclusive publisher of Counter-Strike Online 2 in Japan, Korea, China and other areas in Southeast Asia. Nexon Korea intends to continue to leverage its proven development expertise and deep understanding of local markets to make Counter-Strike Online 2 one of the leading first-person shooter titles in the region.

    Source: Email press release


    image

    Meaning when your threat level gets too high, Valve will send the real S.E.A.L.Team 7 to your home to blow your bloody brains out.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • Excalaber2Excalaber2 Merrick, NYPosts: 357Member Uncommon

    Wait so is CS:GO a sequel or CS Online 2?  o.O

    Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

  • DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,405Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Meltdown

    Originally posted by mmoDAD

    Counter-Strike was good back in 2000-2002.

    The game is now so archaic. I mean... you don't even have iron sights.

    What an absurd statement, Steam tracking


    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/





    CS or CS:S out-does CoD3 on steam. I know CoD is on consoles and outside of steam, but still at any time there are at least 100,000 people playing Counter-Strike or Counter-Strike Source... It is still the cream of the crop of competitive FPS.

    **edit*

    Sorry had to pull out the copy/paste of their table was taking up a lot of room.

    Good lord is something wrong with posting all my posts are getting so many newlines added...


     

    I know it's still the most played game on Steam. I just don't understand why.

Sign In or Register to comment.