Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The real Diablo 3?

Comments

• StekkyStekky Stockbridge, GAPosts: 36Member

My mistake then.     Sorry!

I assumed you were hoping to have more obvious "directional" path in in skill development.        

• tomfabiotomfabio Victoria, BCPosts: 25Member

I am really looking forward to this game! I have yet to be invited into the beta though =( If anyone has a spare beta key, I'd be happy to take it off your hands =P

• dannydeucedannydeuce Sterling heights, MIPosts: 310Member

First impression of the site and development...

Classes are same ol'.

Mood seems dark and interesting.

Passive skill tree looks amazing.

• StekkyStekky Stockbridge, GAPosts: 36Member

Originally posted by tomfabio

I am really looking forward to this game! I have yet to be invited into the beta though =( If anyone has a spare beta key, I'd be happy to take it off your hands =P

You recently missed the stress test open weekend (free). 

They are offering beta entry for those who buy 100 (PoE store) points right now $10.         While I am already in,  it seems like a decent price if you end up enjoying it.   Keep in mind everything will be wiped at release.   If not,   you have a month or so to decide until D3.   

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Mentos0

i dont know whats wrong with the skill tree in my oppinion this is one of the best features of the game what happened to people enjoying customization would you rather your character just be hard coded and you get this at each level like wow or would you like to make your character yours i dont see how this skill tree is a bad thing reminds me of FFX which was one of the greatest RPG's made

I'm all for a customization option, however clean it up. Its a mess in its current state and quite honestly, i don't really wanna scroll thru the galaxy to find my home planet. I have SOASE for that. Unique is great when it isn't an eyesore.

I agree with Aori, in relation to the skill tree I think it a case of because you can create something so complex doesn't mean you should.  Having something so ugly, unweilding and foreboding does not make your game more complex or hardcore, there wil still be 'best builds' posted on the interwebz that people will go for, rendering the whole thing void.... but I guess that's true for any skill system.

• HurvartHurvart ystadPosts: 565Member

Originally posted by expresso

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Mentos0

i dont know whats wrong with the skill tree in my oppinion this is one of the best features of the game what happened to people enjoying customization would you rather your character just be hard coded and you get this at each level like wow or would you like to make your character yours i dont see how this skill tree is a bad thing reminds me of FFX which was one of the greatest RPG's made

I'm all for a customization option, however clean it up. Its a mess in its current state and quite honestly, i don't really wanna scroll thru the galaxy to find my home planet. I have SOASE for that. Unique is great when it isn't an eyesore.

I agree with Aori, in relation to the skill tree I think it a case of because you can create something so complex doesn't mean you should.  Having something so ugly, unweilding and foreboding does not make your game more complex or hardcore, there wil still be 'best builds' posted on the interwebz that people will go for, rendering the whole thing void.... but I guess that's true for any skill system.

In a game like this there is no reason to go to a website and find cokie cutter builds. Its no MMO and there are no raids... Some will do that anyway. But its up to them. And its a mistake, IMO.

People like to experiment with builds and try new ideas. It must be complicated and there must be permanent choices also, IMO. Games like that are not for everyone. But I like them. Its good that some developers still believe in this. Dumbed down mainstream games are starting to get really boring. And I really think we need something new.

• sibs4455sibs4455 manchesterPosts: 357Member

Originally posted by Jumdor

With you Unlight I am very much agreed. We are a small crowd (these few outspoken here) not getting a drug enduced euphoria from Blizzard nipple suckage.

D3 is a bastard child of marketing abuse slipped into the seventh level of hell and stretched across the wrack of the Butcher's back. 

Normally I am very tame about my opinions of certain games especially before release, but I've had a hate on for D3 from even their first concept shots. Yeah I might change my tune when seeing the finished product, but I wouldn't hold my breath. =I

Have you ever seen the original concept art, or even the screen shots of the levels of Diablo3?. By original i don't mean what Blizzard have now produced but by the old Diablo team before they were disbanded.

• daemondaemon TimisoaraPosts: 680Member Common

Im sorry but PoE looks and feels crappy. Havent tried D3 yet so I got no opinion there.

But im sure this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI will be better then both togheter.

• JumdorJumdor Magtown, ARPosts: 62Member

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Originally posted by Jumdor

With you Unlight I am very much agreed. We are a small crowd (these few outspoken here) not getting a drug enduced euphoria from Blizzard nipple suckage.

D3 is a bastard child of marketing abuse slipped into the seventh level of hell and stretched across the wrack of the Butcher's back. 

Normally I am very tame about my opinions of certain games especially before release, but I've had a hate on for D3 from even their first concept shots. Yeah I might change my tune when seeing the finished product, but I wouldn't hold my breath. =I

wow...really? Have you tried the D3 beta? It's fun as hell! People need to grow up.

Not really a comparison anyways, D3 is not an MMO but I do look forward to trying PoE.

I emphasized that it was my opinion and I figured that should have been enough. I guess I was wrong. 

My harshness was toward the game not towards your love of a game. Be it Diablo3 or anything else. My opinion is mine alone, and I don't go out of my way to attack anyone with it. I can choose to play what I wish as you can choose to read what you wish. Maturity is not gauged by personal opinion. I have no idea why I was singled out but it comes with the territory I guess. I was not griping on the D3 forums nor have I since hearing about the game. So, I figured I could be a little looser in a place not sacredly guarded by Diablo3 supporters. 

There was no anger in what I said. No use of exlamation points. No singling anyone out for liking the game. It was a general opinion about my distaste for that game and or company. I guess I'll have to tone down using such expressive examples of my opinion in the future.

"Love can be innocent and can be sweet, but sometimes about as nice as rotting meat."

• gaboxgabox BogotaPosts: 7Member

PoE is a nice game coming from an indie developer.

IMHO, PoE is far from being the real D3.

Even current D3 is far from being the real deal.

• anthonypenaanthonypena VANCOUVER, BCPosts: 131Member

It is!!! i have been  in beta for 3 months! awsome gameplay amazing dark fantasy great skill system... also...maybe not the real d3 BUT what d3 should have been like...d3 does not look anything like d1/2 feel wise like dark fantasy kinda feel...

• JohnShieldsJohnShields Denver, COPosts: 35Member

Originally posted by stormseekaz

Wow, this game looks awesome.  It looks like what Diablo 3 would of looked like had they never made World of Warcraft.

I signed up for the beta, hope I can get in some how. 

Isometric camera view + modern graphics = win

It's not the real Diablo III... it's the BETTER Diablo III. Unbelievable game thus far (and I've been testing for months).

• gaboxgabox BogotaPosts: 7Member

Also the passive skill system is a complete mess.

• chazebchazeb Charlotte, SCPosts: 8Member

So far, I love it. They got it right, if you are looking for something to replace Daiblo 2, this is it. If you are looking for something to replace D3, or GW2, why? They are not even released yet, and everyone is comparing them.

• comrademariocomrademario LondonPosts: 98Member

Just found out about this game today, will definitely donate 10 dollars for a beta key as it looks exactly what I've been looking for. Girlfriend is away this weekend too, so perfect timing :D

• GrailerGrailer HamiltonPosts: 876Member Uncommon

Originally posted by daemon

Im sorry but PoE looks and feels crappy. Havent tried D3 yet so I got no opinion there.

But im sure this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI will be better then both togheter.

omg , an mmorpg that uses diablo action rpg style , sweet!

• GrimfargoGrimfargo ViennaPosts: 53Member Uncommon
    I have tried Path of Exile a few weeks ago (beta event) but I didnt like it at all. I cant tell what bugged me but it dont has the "flow" of D3. For me D3 will be the hack'n slay of my choice, atleast till I have a chance to buy/try Torchlight 2.
  • Mari2kMari2k rzhz, MNPosts: 371Member

Damn...

Just played the beta, this game is really better then diablo 3. I think many disappointing d3 fans will play this instead.

Game is not so damn easy and when I saw the amazing skill tree I almost died. And the most important, its not worser grafic wise ten diablo !

• spikers14spikers14 las vegas, NVPosts: 362Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Mari2k

Damn...

Just played the beta, this game is really better then diablo 3. I think many disappointing d3 fans will play this instead.

Game is not so damn easy and when I saw the amazing skill tree I almost died. And the most important, its not worser grafic wise ten diablo !

I'm enjoying POE too, but I have to disagree. Alot of people on this thread seem to be arguing graphics style, and thats fine. As far as advanced graphics? There really is very little here. Are the graphics "good"? Yeah, overall.

Here are a couple of examples of why even Diablo 2 had more advanced graphics than POE:

1) Shorelines border many of the zones in POE. Never EVER in a 45 angle (or diag). Its always consistent 90 degree folds repeated over and over. The boundries remind me of REALLY old games like Wolfenstein 3-D. Its bad enough to use a shore as barrier, but it doesn't even look randomized. Its either straight, or a complete 90 degree angle. Nothing in between. Looks bad in my opinion

2) After being in several parties (most had around  3 people), skills tend to overlap and cause extreme screen effects. Does it look good? Not together, no. Individually skills look pretty good. When you're grouped up (especially on a boos fight) It looks like a bunch of crap...with MAYBE a mob underneath. Some of the people I played with couldn't even tell what was going on. It wasn't fun at all at that point.

These examples may seem minor to you, but def will affect anybody who likes more than right angles or plans to group...ever. 

• helthroshelthros Miami, FLPosts: 1,449Member

The passive tree is about the only cool thing about this game. The classes are dull and the enemies even worse.

I tried playing it while waiting for D3 to release and I just couldn't make it past lvl 25 before I couldn't even force myself to log in. I hate the skills being tied into runes bit. I thought the graphics were terrible. I get new armor and my guy looks equally skimpy and flimsy - It's dull.

But if you're enjoying it then by all means go aheda and enjoy it. I'll probably check it out when it's closer to release.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Posts: 236Member Uncommon

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, I'm going to play both, and TL2 also.  It's not a battle about which game is best, if you don't like it, don't play it.  PoE has some great things in it that I enjoyed a lot.  D3 has me hooked from the beta and the fact that it's Diablo.  And just got to play TL2 beta and I am very very impressed with it.  Going to keep me busy for a long time!

• ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member Common

let me know when D3 will allow you to open your own servers with your own rule sets.

• CzelawCzelaw Florence, KYPosts: 167Member Uncommon

I tried it last night I liked it more than I liked D3

• RaiZtRaiZt GöteborgPosts: 26Member

I have been playing PoE for some time now, common 10$ is less then a BK meal here in Sweden so if you think you like the game support them so perhaps thay will be able to finish it. 

PoE got one big problem and its the skill system you can with great effectiveness use the first skill you get from lvl 1 to 100. This makes the game really really boring just spamming the same skill 10000000 times killing the same mindless zombies that has the most horrible AI ever. 

Everyone is talking about the great passive tree and how it makes PoE stand out as you can customize your char in so many ways.  Not true, if you go out of the beaten path of what is valid you will fail on "Chaos" The hardest diffeculty so basicly you are lock in "specs" that are valid.  This is something that most people wont find out untill its to late, Now changing your passive tree is really really expensive since there is only 2 ways to do it. In the latest patch thay added another quest so now you can get 4 respec points each act. 

Imo PoE got potentiol but its far from competitive as it is now it geats boring really really fast.  

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Wetumpka, ALPosts: 221Member

Ahhh this site is terribly childish. No matter how much you (the minority) harp, Diablo 3 will be a hit, and Blizzard wil continue to succeed.  Can we quit with the endless threads about how you could have done everything in the game world better then they did.  This is now to the point of being annoying and stupid.