Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamestop 6/26/2012

2»

Comments

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by freston

Im very ,very skeptical of a June release. The fact that we havent seen anything of the sylvari or the asura yet makes me so. Thats 3 unfinished cities, counting lions arch. If the game was so close, i think we would have seen some of this content in last press beta. Besides, the whole prepurchase into beta thing could be a financial move to get more assets to finish the game. Id be surprised if it was out before September...its just a hunch though.

Plus TSW launches that month. I'm not sure what kind of worms that would open! 

yeah GW2 cant launch on that date.... Funcom cant be THAT unlucky

TSW will NOT be ready by then... trust me..

That hasn't stopped Funcom from releasing the games in at least one occasion. Hope they really learnt their lesson from AoC.

If they plan to release in June they sure didn't! lol

So many anonymous posters on the internet to trust, saying completely different and often contradictory things from eachother image

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by fiontar

It may be a place holder, but at least it does make sense this time.

Remember the "release date jerseys" conspiracy? The explainations were tepid, at best, and even if the jerseys do denote the release date target, the date and the jerseys could have easily changed since this pic was snapped at the Arenanet offices in January 2012. Still, fun food for thought. :)

iiinnnnntttteresting

Well then it's official!

GW2 will launch December 6, 2028.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

One step at a time. 

Step one: Pre-perchace day (April 10th)

Step two: Beta Weekend event announce (?????)

Step three: ????? (?????)

Step Four: PROFIT!.. err.. I mean release (??????)

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Meh...I don't care!

I just want to Guild Wars 2 myself to sleep....

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by cutthecrap

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Originally posted by rojo6934

Im very ,very skeptical of a June release. The fact that we havent seen anything of the sylvari or the asura yet makes me so. Thats 3 unfinished cities, counting lions arch. If the game was so close, i think we would have seen some of this content in last press beta. Besides, the whole prepurchase into beta thing could be a financial move to get more assets to finish the game. Id be surprised if it was out before September...its just a hunch though.

Plus TSW launches that month. I'm not sure what kind of worms that would open! 

yeah GW2 cant launch on that date.... Funcom cant be THAT unlucky

TSW will NOT be ready by then... trust me..

That hasn't stopped Funcom from releasing the games in at least one occasion. Hope they really learnt their lesson from AoC.

If they plan to release in June they sure didn't! lol

So many anonymous posters on the internet to trust, saying completely different and often contradictory things from eachother image

well I can tell you that if its ready by June then they can work magic I have yet to see in the gaming industry.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Originally posted by Xenon800

I thought this at first as well but now twice that I have seen they have stated in interviews when asked about Asura and Sylvari they have not said they are not ready but that they want to not show everything at once. Which really makes sense for a game with no monthly fee. No single player game(using this as an example because its the same pay model) lets you demo or see the full game before release.. at least no major game or anything I can remember. I saw this one today but the other one I saw was perhaps a week ago. I think they are being clever and that the game is probably closer to completion than we think. To whoever mentioned TSW... heh TSW is nowhere near being ready for a June release but with Funcom's track record they will release it anyways.

Plenty of single player games let you demo the game before release. Two of the most recent ones that I played before they came out were Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect 3.

He meant the full game though. Wht  he means is that those areas may be finished or near completion but they want to save something for the paying customer. Demos usually feature a small zone or select few missions so theres really no contradicition with what you are saying.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Originally posted by KingGator

I heard you can buy the release date from the cash shop.

Now that's funny!

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

It's probably just a placeholder or whatever you want to call it, but I think Gamestop just added this date. At least it's getting closer! :)

....and yet Gamestop Canada says July 1st 2012 (which would be quite the achievement considering that's a Sunday :D)