Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just had to stop by and say this.

This is the absolute worst game I've ever played.  And I played the E.T. game.

avoid at all cost.

Yes I played SWTOR.

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Any particular reason, or just raging in general?

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Mostly balance. 

the ridiculous amount of gold it takes to unlock a hero.

no free healing hero.

6v6v6 is kinda wierd.

6-7 (can't remember) heros to choose from.

I could go on all day.  It's sad what happened to warhammer online.

Yes I played SWTOR.

I'll absolutely agree that it's BS that there's no free healer, even moreso that right now the only one available is also the most expensive. In the games I played last night the only one I won against a team with a healer was when we all played as Ikkrik in a warband.

At this time IMO it's far less fun to play than in earlier betas when there were more heroes to choose from but surely the heroes that have been removed will return at a later date and then I think it will be far more fun to play.

TBH though, if I knew of another F2P MOBA that had traditional MMO controls (tab targeting, FP view, wasd movement, etc.) I'd probably play that instead. I just can't get used to click to move games.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this arena game is inferior to WAR and cost more to have fun in here. Instead of fixing WAR they decided to rip peoples pockets off with this crap. If i want to play a good WAR game i play the original (which is not that good either, but its the full game!!!)... Silly BW / EA / Mythic all together

• makkaalmakkaal Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by rojo6934

this arena game is inferior to WAR and cost more to have fun in here. Instead of fixing WAR they decided to rip peoples pockets off with this crap. If i want to play a good WAR game i play the original (which is not that good either, but its the full game!!!)... Silly BW / EA / Mythic all together

Exactly my reason why I dropped out of the WoH beta. As if the only reason why people wanted to play WAR was small skirmishes like these. I'm still not sure whether it's Mythic's fault, though... MOBAs of this kind seem to be very lucrative right now, so I'd figure it's the publisher. Again.

Let me point out that, in fact, I couldn't care less about these first world problems. I'm just having fun.

Originally posted by makkaal

Originally posted by rojo6934

Exactly my reason why I dropped out of the WoH beta. As if the only reason why people wanted to play WAR was small skirmishes like these. I'm still not sure whether it's Mythic's fault, though... MOBAs of this kind seem to be very lucrative right now, so I'd figure it's the publisher. Again.

I felt the exact same way about the underlined part of your statement .  At least they kept that old mythic balancing in the game.

Yes I played SWTOR.

I know it's straying from the OT, but what was the good part of WAR if it wasn't the scenarios? I mean seriously, I played for a couple months at release and got to a level where I could do the PvP lakes and the only thing that was different was I could join a zerg or just outgear people. Is good PvP having the ability to poopsock your enemies because you outgear or outnumber them? That sounds like the opposite of good PvP to me.

The fun was running in groups fighting and winning against larger warbands.  It was the keep battles.  It was the organised duels. The worst part of the game was scenarios, cause once one side started losing the other side would just give up and queue for scenarios.  The fans of warhammer didn't get the game to fight 8 vs 8.  They bought it to experience huge battles like the table top, like daoc.  

One of my favorite time in any mmo was in warhammer defending the chaos fortress against the massive tide that was the guild ruin.  Eventually we lost (due to the very bad servers mythic provided us) but by god everyone there had a blast.

Sadly the only thing left of warhammer is a sorry excuse of a moba.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I have issues with the game in its current state. We are missing something like 10 heroes at this time. That is what impacts balance more than anything. Once those are added back I can see it giving me quick entertainment here and there. Which is what I desire from the title. Naturally it will never replace a true MMO, I will be looking to GW2 for larger battles.

• YakCastYakCast Member Posts: 59

Look at today's update here. You can now be one the healer for free. You all forget that during beta they ahd most of teh heros unlocked for testing. They are done with the testing, learn how the industry works. FYI, like any other online game/MMO they are constantly making changes and updates. Remember it is still in beta!

Yak Cast | MMO Podcast: http://www.yak.mmoSmackTalk.com
    Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk
    Follow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/YakCast

• rawwraww Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Don't be deceived by the fact that this is still in beta.  WAR has a history of unfair battlegrounds that are guaranteed to make you ragequit.  They PURPOSELY design them this way in order to make you spend more money to compete.

Moo