Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Count Down Until Pre Purchase!!

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

5 MORE DAYS!!!!11!!!1

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by piph

For those who are up on all the details of the game I have a few questions.

Has anyone ordered anything from their store? Do they charge any additional costs? For example; when you buy a game off steam it charges you a couple bucks, where when you buy from EA they charge you tax + 7 bucks for a digital download. Which is ridiculous! Also is their store canadian friendly?

If you're in Canada, don't expect too much from EB Games, the people who currently have sole rights to sell the pre-purchase package here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/forums/thread/346107/For-Canadians-looking-to-buy-from-EBGames.html

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

I am going to play the betas to find out what class suits me best, because I usually choose a class that either is unbalanced or which doesnt suit me and gives me a bad experience. I just know I am going to use my best name, my 1st few hours in the game and find out that this class doesnt suit me. I am also quite interested in the cash shop and want to see what it's like in-game.

Also, 5 days.

Oh look, more good news for Canada.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ruwu1/ebgamescanada_has_sold_out_of_prereserved/

Unless you've already put a pre-order down on your pre-purchase of a CE, apparently you've missed your window of opportunity.

EDIT:  Had it confirmed by a guildie who called several stores.  CE is no longer available.

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

I had forgotten just how much fun I used to have making sigs back in the day. Seeing all those cool sigs reminded me!

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Eir_S

Kermit screams - 5 days!!!!!!    We can do it!!!!!

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Just two days for me cause Amazon sent me a email that my prepurchase is on its way. ^_^

It will be delivered this saturday at the 7th April and I'm totally excited!  :) 

Originally posted by Raekon

Just two days for me cause Amazon sent me a email that my prepurchase is on its way. ^_^

It will be delivered this saturday at the 7th April and I'm totally excited!  :) 

Let us know how that turns out for you. ;)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Unlight

Let us know how that turns out for you. ;)

Seems like there is something fishy going on at Amazon

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

But Amazon only has a pre-order for GW2 that I know of. Is there a pre-purchase page somewhere?

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I can get my pre-order on tuesday morning and my statue and other goodies early june.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

I predict   UNPRECEDENTED   pre-order sales for GW2.   You'd think that the   HYPE   for this game would register above 8.74, for crying out loud. What kind of algorithm do they use to get that figure? Bunch of monkeys throwing darts an an "upcoming MMOs" dartboard?

Originally posted by Meleagar

I predict   UNPRECEDENTED   pre-order sales for GW2.   You'd think that the   HYPE   for this game would register above 8.74, for crying out loud. What kind of algorithm do they use to get that figure? Bunch of monkeys throwing darts an an "upcoming MMOs" dartboard?

lmao monkeys throwing darts!!! HA.

after seeing 1mill sign up for beta in 48 hours, I too see massive sales on April 10th.  I know I'm purchasing 2!! 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by thedarkess

People, just pls try not to get overly excited. Even if Jesus is coming to earth from heaves that day, and if we get our expectations about him way too high then you can find yourself saying to Jesus: "Meh, you look nothing special at all." or "I thought you were some gorgeous muscular long haired dude!"

If Jesus were to come to earth that day he'd be here for the pre-purchase as well. And no, he can't cut in line.

BTW, already paid in full for the CE, just waiting until the 10th to go pick up the Beta key.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

It will at least get me away from Skyrim for a while.

Will GW2(PC only) topple sales Skyrim(all platforms maybe unfair comparison?) i wonder, and i know both are different kind of games and target different kind of gamers but both depend on selling box without subs?

Skyrim - 12million copys sold)first 2 days 3.5million)(not digital included)

Guildwars 2 - After few months how many sold?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well considering the most popular MMO (WoW) had to work up to 12 million subscribers at its peak over a period of years (don't know how many they have now), and single player games usually sell far more and far quicker than any MMO, I'd guess that compared to Skyrim, GW2's sales won't look so impressive.  But in the MMO world, I expect them to blow away the competition.

There are several million GW1 fans waiting and a lot of newcomers who are being introduced to the game via sites like Reddit and Youtube.  The Press response has been exceedingly positive and those pre-purchases from the 10th on guarantee a large number of copies sold.

So Skyrim sales?  I doubt it.  SWTOR sales?  It'll exceed them quickly.

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Curious, does the pre-purchase allow you to play beta until it releases or? I've never seen so many people so excited to give away money. lol

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by Decadentia

Curious, does the pre-purchase allow you to play beta until it releases or? I've never seen so many people so excited to give away money. lol

Beta weekends we can play, and they said it would be at LEST one a month.

I know.. if you REALLY think about it, it does seem silly. Giving money for something that you can only use a few days a month untill who knows when it is released.  But yeah, in 4 days I am still giving them my money.. twice (the better half needs a copy too!).

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

lol excited?

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/rx4yo/prepurchasing_the_collectors_edition/

Prepurchasing the Collector's Edition (self.Guildwars2)

submitted  ago by Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of concerns raised here about how and where to prepurchase the Collector's Edition before it sells out, so I'd like to offer some clarifications.

Retailers accepting reservations before April 10

The street date of prepurchase keys is April 10. Any retailer who distributes them before then is breaking the street date and risks losing their allocation of keys. When we become aware of retailers not abiding by a street date, we contact them immediately and get the situation resolved.

However, we can't prevent retailers from taking reservations from customers expressing interest in unreleased products. They do that without any guidance or support from us. For example, here are some two-year-old images of retailers who created their own box art or release dates to encourage customers to place reservations for Guild Wars 2 at that time. http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-01-25/guild_wars_2_preorder_starts.shtml

A reservation is not the same as a prepurchase. If you previously placed a reservation, you should contact your retailer on April 10 and confirm that they will charge you the full purchase price on that date and send you a key that gives you access to beta events.

We appreciate the community's efforts to keep us informed about what's happening in their countries. Keep doing so and we'll do our best to resolve issues with retailers and distributors.

Amazon.com

I know many of you are disappointed that your local Amazon site isn't offering prepurchases of the Collector's Edition. In order to support prepurchase of Collector's Edition, a retailer needs to be able to provide a digital code at the time of purchase, and then also deliver a physical box when the game is released. We've worked with each local Amazon operation to enable this but at this time many have determined that their systems don't support it. Thus they won't be selling the Collector's Edition prepurchase, and we've reallocated their units to other retailers.

Since individual Amazon markets have different systems and policies, we are fortunate that Amazon France will be able to support the Collector's Edition prepurchase and will begin selling it on April 10.

If you're just looking to prepurchase the game from Amazon and don't need the Collector's Edition, you can still buy either of the digital editions through them. If you're looking to prepurchase the Collector's Edition online, try the alternatives listed here. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Stephane_Lo_Presti/GW2_prepurchase_retailers_list

Mike

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/rx4yo/prepurchasing_the_collectors_edition/

Prepurchasing the Collector's Edition (self.Guildwars2)

submitted  ago by Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of concerns raised here about how and where to prepurchase the Collector's Edition before it sells out, so I'd like to offer some clarifications.

Retailers accepting reservations before April 10

The street date of prepurchase keys is April 10. Any retailer who distributes them before then is breaking the street date and risks losing their allocation of keys. When we become aware of retailers not abiding by a street date, we contact them immediately and get the situation resolved.

However, we can't prevent retailers from taking reservations from customers expressing interest in unreleased products. They do that without any guidance or support from us. For example, here are some two-year-old images of retailers who created their own box art or release dates to encourage customers to place reservations for Guild Wars 2 at that time. http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-01-25/guild_wars_2_preorder_starts.shtml

A reservation is not the same as a prepurchase. If you previously placed a reservation, you should contact your retailer on April 10 and confirm that they will charge you the full purchase price on that date and send you a key that gives you access to beta events.

We appreciate the community's efforts to keep us informed about what's happening in their countries. Keep doing so and we'll do our best to resolve issues with retailers and distributors.

Amazon.com

I know many of you are disappointed that your local Amazon site isn't offering prepurchases of the Collector's Edition. In order to support prepurchase of Collector's Edition, a retailer needs to be able to provide a digital code at the time of purchase, and then also deliver a physical box when the game is released. We've worked with each local Amazon operation to enable this but at this time many have determined that their systems don't support it. Thus they won't be selling the Collector's Edition prepurchase, and we've reallocated their units to other retailers.

Since individual Amazon markets have different systems and policies, we are fortunate that Amazon France will be able to support the Collector's Edition prepurchase and will begin selling it on April 10.

If you're just looking to prepurchase the game from Amazon and don't need the Collector's Edition, you can still buy either of the digital editions through them. If you're looking to prepurchase the Collector's Edition online, try the alternatives listed here. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Stephane_Lo_Presti/GW2_prepurchase_retailers_list

Mike

What a mess.

The Amazon thing is particularly confusing. The individual Amazon sites are just divisions of Amazon and while managed by seperate teams, they all use the same back end systems. The hit or miss nature of Amazon support from country to country just means that Arenanet/NCSoft didn't find the right people to talk to or were not persistant enough in trying to work through the issues.

The other thing complicating the issue is the means of distribution for the U.S and Europe. In Europe, if you pre-purchase the game from a retailer, you get a pre-purchase box, with a pre-purchase code and that code also serves as your retail game code, so you do not have to revisit the retailer or have a second box sent when the game launches.

In the U.S., you pre-purchase a pre-purchase box, but that code does not work for release, so when the game launches, you have to go back to the retailer with your receipt and get a second box and code. Who ever thought that made any sense?

I have much faith in the development of the game, but I am a little worried about marketing and distribution.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I agree, the Return to the store and get another box thing is dumb.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Since I don't plan to bother with a colelctors edition (they are honestly a waste of money and just prey on fanboys stupidity) I hope the game ends up on steam or something, i'll gladly order it digitally off steam even though pre-ordering any mmorpg-like game is way against my better judgement due to the failure of swtor and various other's to be any good. I got into a 2 day beta in swtor and was bored the first day since it bascally is just wow in space, with overly simplified systems.

Main selling point for gw2 for me is the fact once I buy the box I have no worries about sub fee's and such. Due to this imma prob go against my better judgement and pre-order it. Honestly though if they gonna make it buy to play they should just make it free to play and get it overwith since thats about what it'll be when you think of it.

I am just worried with how much nickle and diming they are going to pull with the cash shop, yeah I know Anet said they wouldn't but when was the last time a game company has told the truth about stuff like this? I don't ever recall a time myself. Then again I am also thinking of getting gw2 out of sheer boredom, even if the game sucks or fails in my eyes well least it kept me busy for a while.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Most are curious as to how it will be.

How many more days must we wait and see?

lets count them one, two, THREE!!!

3 days until Pre Purchase!!!

This discussion has been closed.