Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamestop 6/26/2012

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

It's probably just a placeholder or whatever you want to call it, but I think Gamestop just added this date. At least it's getting closer! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Amjoco

It's probably just a placeholder or whatever you want to call it, but I think Gamestop just added this date. At least it's getting closer! :)

That's exactly what it is. A Placeholder. These stores have been predicting the release date of GW2 since Nov 2010, so this is nothing new.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Im very ,very skeptical of a June release. The fact that we havent seen anything of the sylvari or the asura yet makes me so. Thats 3 unfinished cities, counting lions arch. If the game was so close, i think we would have seen some of this content in last press beta. Besides, the whole prepurchase into beta thing could be a financial move to get more assets to finish the game. Id be surprised if it was out before September...its just a hunch though.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by freston

Im very ,very skeptical of a June release. The fact that we havent seen anything of the sylvari or the asura yet makes me so. Thats 3 unfinished cities, counting lions arch. If the game was so close, i think we would have seen some of this content in last press beta. Besides, the whole prepurchase into beta thing could be a financial move to get more assets to finish the game. Id be surprised if it was out before September...its just a hunch though.

Plus TSW launches that month. I'm not sure what kind of worms that would open! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

I heard you can buy the release date from the cash shop.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

I thought this at first as well but now twice that I have seen they have stated in interviews when asked about Asura and Sylvari they have not said they are not ready but that they want to not show everything at once. Which really makes sense for a game with no monthly fee. No single player game(using this as an example because its the same pay model) lets you demo or see the full game before release.. at least no major game or anything I can remember. I saw this one today but the other one I saw was perhaps a week ago. I think they are being clever and that the game is probably closer to completion than we think. To whoever mentioned TSW... heh TSW is nowhere near being ready for a June release but with Funcom's track record they will release it anyways.

GWOnline: The demos during the year 2011 unraveled more and more starter areas for the different races in Guild Wars 2. Can we expect to see asura and sylvari starter areas on upcoming demos before the final release of Guild Wars 2. Could you share some favorite moment or experience from those starter areas?

Eric: We will definitely be expanding what we show as we progress through our beta events but we do want to keep some content back since we don’t want to spoil too much. As far as favorite things about the starter areas go, I think the boss in the asura tutorial is just amazing. Our artists and animators really outdid themselves with that one!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

One of the polish retailers said that they will be asking people who pre-purchased whether they want a box or not in may. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I really am starting to expect GW2 late june, early july.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I really hope its a may release, may would be perfect. 

• Xenon800Xenon800 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Originally posted by ariboersma

I thought this at first as well but now twice that I have seen they have stated in interviews when asked about Asura and Sylvari they have not said they are not ready but that they want to not show everything at once. Which really makes sense for a game with no monthly fee. No single player game(using this as an example because its the same pay model) lets you demo or see the full game before release.. at least no major game or anything I can remember. I saw this one today but the other one I saw was perhaps a week ago. I think they are being clever and that the game is probably closer to completion than we think. To whoever mentioned TSW... heh TSW is nowhere near being ready for a June release but with Funcom's track record they will release it anyways.

Plenty of single player games let you demo the game before release. Two of the most recent ones that I played before they came out were Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect 3.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I promise you this date is wrong.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by moosecatlol

I promise you this date is wrong.

Oh no, there really is a 2/26/2012...it's part of the yearly calendar. 

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by QSatu

One of the polish retailers said that they will be asking people who pre-purchased whether they want a box or not in may. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I really am starting to expect GW2 late june, early july.

Freaking hope not, that when Euro 2012 starts, and I will most of the days out drinking beer and watching games with 50 thousand ppl on a jumbo screen

/raise cup

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

Originally posted by Xenon800

Plenty of single player games let you demo the game before release. Two of the most recent ones that I played before they came out were Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect 3.

a demo is VERY short and often incomplete... example ME3... perhaps I was unclear in my sentence but what i mean was that you cannot demo the whole game.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Well they said they want to avoid spoilers. Dunno if thats just a excuse not to show it or if its legit,. But yea, when they do not show 2 out of the 5 races in the game it makes me wonder. 

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I don't know of any MMO that has given users this much of the world this early.  As for single player games, you get the starting level demo thats about it.  If you're lucky you may get 60 minutes in a predesigned area.  

Too early of a demo hurts the game. Kingdom of Alamar had an awful showing for their demo. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yeah GW2 cant launch on that date.... Funcom cant be THAT unlucky

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

They stated on GW2 Guru they are holding back those races because they dont want to spoil everything about the game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

placeholder.  last tuesday of Q2.

I've got the straight edge.

Originally posted by andre369

Well they said they want to avoid spoilers. Dunno if thats just a excuse not to show it or if its legit,. But yea, when they do not show 2 out of the 5 races in the game it makes me wonder. 

they did show them at cons before... I cant decide whether its being hidden for lack of finish or to keep some surprise.. I mean they did really give the Charr a make over from con to beta.. maybe they are finishing that or want to surprise us... bah I dunno!

Originally posted by rojo6934

TSW will NOT be ready by then... trust me..

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Its just a shot in the dark. They be doing this for last two years, nothing new.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

That hasn't stopped Funcom from releasing the games in at least one occasion. Hope they really learnt their lesson from AoC.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

Originally posted by L0C0Man

That hasn't stopped Funcom from releasing the games in at least one occasion. Hope they really learnt their lesson from AoC.

If they plan to release in June they sure didn't! lol

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Wouldn't mind a June release, but I'm not gonna get all giddy til I hear a concrete release date.  Not a wooden one, as those are too flimsy and burn real easy like.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

It may be a place holder, but at least it does make sense this time.

Remember the "release date jerseys" conspiracy? The explainations were tepid, at best, and even if the jerseys do denote the release date target, the date and the jerseys could have easily changed since this pic was snapped at the Arenanet offices in January 2012. Still, fun food for thought. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Originally posted by fiontar

It may be a place holder, but at least it does make sense this time.

Remember the "release date jerseys" conspiracy? The explainations were tepid, at best, and even if the jerseys do denote the release date target, the date and the jerseys could have easily changed since this pic was snapped at the Arenanet offices in January 2012. Still, fun food for thought. :)

iiinnnnntttteresting