Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild for full-time jobs and college students (Heroes-of-fate.com)

AhmedZakariaAhmedZakaria Member UncommonPosts: 36

Edit: Added an update to the top of the post

The name we have chosen is the same we used in beta. I got some really good feed back. So everyone welcome to Heroes of Fate          

=D our slogan will be something along the lines of  "Fate has brought you here"

Forums and website will be up within the month of May !!

Happy New Years All,  (You may skip to the part  "I plan on starting a guild" to get to the point, everything below but before that is a little about myself)

I am a new member of this forum. My name is Ahmed, and I am a college student at the University of Houston. I am very eagerly looking forward to the launch of GW2 as I am sure the rest of the members here are.

I'd like to tell a bit about myself before I dive into what the title of this post is. I am an absolute gamer in that I play sports games, FPS, RPG, RTS, and of course MMO's. My MMO experience includes but is not limited to runescape, world of warcraft, guild wars, final fantasy, EQ, among others.

Most of my raiding has been done in WoW dating back to the vanilla days. All the way from MC and BWL to the level 80 raids although right this second the names escape me aside from Naxx. I actually was a guild leader back during vanilla wow and was in a top 5 guild in terms of content pushed. (We were one of the first 5 to clear MC and began to push BWL before we lost some of our core raiders to the real world)

As of late I have been playing skyrim which is an amazing game for anyone who needs an RPG to hold them over. The fact that it is not an MMO has taken nothing away from me in terms of the quality of game and fun factor.

I have also been playing ALOT of battle field 3 since i bought it, if you play on X-box live add me "Ahmexx" I play alot of rush and i love getting my friends into squads and doing squad team death match or just playing with squads in general.

Sorry for, what some may consider unnecesarry info, but I think it is important to know a bit about the people you join in guilds as a in-game relationship is similar to a real life relationship in alot of ways. One thing i have learned is that when I find guys and gals with the same interests, demograph, or even time-zone, it helps alot for chemistry and availability for the members to play together and enjoy.

I plan on starting a guild when Guild Wars 2 is launched. I am 100% ready to back the guild financially, I will have a website (which will be ready before launch if I get a good interest in the guild) and if a voice comm is required and not provided in game (I don't think I have read that it will be yet, but correct me if i am wrong) so I would have a ventrilo server in place (if most prefer another form of comm such as team speak, i am open to that).

These are my goals as a member of this guild:

1- To help each other have the best possible experience in GW2

2- To have guild pride and server wide recognition/respect (attained anyway possible)

3- To push content at a pace comfortable for people who work 40 hours a week, have a social life, or are in school

4- To enjoy the game for it's content and story, not get caught up in the gear grind (although I am all for getting down and dirty to get the gear, but just not forget that we are playing for fun and not for the drops)

5- To be feared in the PvP and WvWvW (when other servers play us, they need to be like damn that's the guild that gave us hell last time we battled them a month ago)

These are just a few of the goals, and I know that you can't be the best at everything. But I think if we can at least get 1 and 2 down, the rest will work itself out.

For goal 2, I would like to acheive that by having a player base full of mature, smart, and helpful players. People notice when a guilds member base is of high quality. High quality players doesnt mean you play 15 hours a day, but it means that you enjoy playing the game, you don't troll, and you are knowledgeable about the game.

I haven't decided on a name yet but here is a few, let me know what you think, even if you are not interested in the guild, and I am open to all criticism/suggestions =) Hope to hear back from some of you guys!

"The Empire"

"Fallen"

"Oblivion"

"Revel"

"Metta World Dominance" (yes i thought of that when i saw ron artest change his name lol)

"The White Cloaks"

"Shinigami"

I left a couple of my favs out so noone would steal my ideas =) but if you are THAT interested I can give them out.

Comments

• Sign me up mate :) edit: I see you're in the US. Is that going to work out or would you want a European part in the guild perhaps?

My name's Mike, I'm 29 and study at the moment. I've also done a bit of raiding in vanilla WoW but I realized it is impossible to get back to those days even remotely close. So I don't take things as serious as before :D. I've also been playing LotrO (got a lifetime account actually) and tried out a few others but never got beyond ~20 with them.

I'm looking forward to free to play to run around a bit and see the game. Perhaps GW2's developers managed to have an mmo that fits a human life?...lol.

• AhmedZakariaAhmedZakaria Member UncommonPosts: 36

hey mike,

sorry for the late reply, i tend to post and let them marinate before i come back and see the replies =)

I am open to all that would like to play and enjoy the game. I admit that when we get into end-game, it may be tough to deal with the time difference. But I have no problem trying to accomodate to the best of my ability, and I would absolutely love european guild members. played with many in my day, and has always been a pleasant experience.

Having a whole european member base in the guild would be amazing! if you have a bunch of friends that play, i see it as a very possible option.

[email protected]

feel free to e-mail me with any questions or if you need anything. Currently playing star wars the old republic myself.

Dhominus on the infinite empire server.

Cheers,

Ahmed

• EvereghaloEvereghalo Member Posts: 51

PEOPLE INDICATED THEY ARE IN

Bubbaganosh

Bootlegtater

Jerome1986

Nemtet

Powermike

Short2Cents

Thandras

Oblivitar

XDrax

PEOPLE INDICATED THEY ARE INTERESTED

Ankur

Decnes

Drinkingbear

BKChalice

Gimmesome

Hirca

Jolander

Jrogalsk

Mavek

Moosecatlol

Neverdyne

Nickraider

Xexv

[Hey man, love what ya got. I have a few buddies that I play swtor with right now and I am bored already, I am looking to find like minded people for us to roll on a server with right now. I play republic on an ok pop server but it is painful and we had to just disban because we could not recruit and join the resident Zerg guild. I am liking the idea of being the dominant pvp and wvw guild, I wanna make the server I am on the top server in the game and win every 2 weeks while still having a life. How many people you got interested so far? And I am liking the guild nAmes. I think I will have like 5 to 10 buddies maybe 15 if I get RL friends too.]

• JrogalskJrogalsk Member Posts: 34

Hey Man,

I also think your ideas for a guild are pretty solid. I was looking for a guild of adults/college students so I wouldn't  be playing with a bunch of kids. I am a college student in New Jersey and I have played Guild Wars with its expansions since the game released. I have been in and out of other guilds mostly because of their un-reliability. Are you going to be pre-purchasing the game? If you are, the guild could start playing together during the beta.

See you out there,

Jeremy Rogalsky

Plans are still moving forward for the guild, already have a small foundation of members. We will all be pre-purchasing the game so we will be seeing everyone during beta events. I will update here what the status is and how we can contact each other during beta times. Looking forward to...well alot =)

Originally posted by Evereghalo

Hey man, love what ya got. I have a few buddies that I play swtor with right now and I am bored already, I am looking to find like minded people for us to roll on a server with right now. I play republic on an ok pop server but it is painful and we had to just disban because we could not recruit and join the resident Zerg guild. I am liking the idea of being the dominant pvp and wvw guild, I wanna make the server I am on the top server in the game and win every 2 weeks while still having a life. How many people you got interested so far? And I am liking the guild nAmes. I think I will have like 5 to 10 buddies maybe 15 if I get RL friends too.

Sounds great, we will get together during beta so we can get a feel for each other. and based on that, we can move forward with getting all your buddies on board as well.

Since my last post, i un-subbed from SWTOR. just an update because you said you were bored of it too lol.

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

Hey, I'm very interested in joining your guild. It sounds to be a very good idea overall and you seem committed to it quite a lot :) Anyways, I work in the morning and go to college in the afternoon so I usually play late night; I don't know if that's a problem. I'll send you an email sometime soon. 

Have fun!

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

As Salamu Alakyum Ahmed. Sign me up too. I am pre purchasing GW2.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Great post and fantastic description on a realistic guild that I would definitely want to be a part of  :-)

I especially like the "high quality players doesn't mean you spend 15 hours a day playing" part

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

Hey I'm also interested in joining this guild.  Here is a little background of myself.  I was an avid raider in wow from the end of vanilla to the end of wrath.  Sad to say I haven't experienced any other raiding games at endgame due to to burnout, but I love the thrill of 25 players getting together and taking down bosses.  But I've also experienced my fair share of guild wars, owning all xpacs and eotn.  Also have experienced Vanguard, Eve, Lotro, Rift, and a few others.  These games I played anywhere from 2 weeks - 3 months as I either became bored or found it wasn't worth it to pay (aka eve and vanguard).

With College I've found I don't have the time to play 5 times a week anymore but I still love to be competitive with the time I do have to play.  Pve and pvp in this game look to be perfect, as I love that the 5 man dungeons rely more on group strategy/skill as opposed to number crunching and pvp is jump in and out.  Never been much of an arena pvp player so the mists are perfect for me.

I love your guild philosophy and i'm excited to see you all in game

• BubbaganooshBubbaganoosh Member UncommonPosts: 25

I am going to pre-purchase guild wars 2 and I would definetly like to be a part of your guild. I played Everquest 2 for about 2 years got into some end game content but couldn't do much raiding because I didn't want to set aside 4+ hours every friday night. I've been playing a lot of different MMO's since I quit EQ2. Hoping Guild Wars 2 will be a game I can play for years.

• BKChaliceBKChalice Member Posts: 1

I would also be intrested in your guild.  I have been playing mmo's since EVE started, but as of late I have been working 60+ hours a week and have little time to play. So I would be intrested in a home with active members that can enjoy a casual experiance.  I have been hardcore and have run my own wow raiding guild, I like maximaize my play and belive in playing to be the best, but recent games have been unfurfilling mainly because I no longer have the time to be grinding to the top.

Hit me up if you think I would fit in

Chalice

• EvereghaloEvereghalo Member Posts: 51

I love seeing so many people responding, I am curious how many people are going to be pre-purchasing so as to get into all the BETAs?  I think the biggest key with this game is picking a server at the start that is going to have a lot diverse yet skilled people on it, at least for WvWvW purposes.

Everyone who comes to me before launch has a spot in my guild and it is theres to lose. So if you posted on here or e-mailed me, rest assured, you are one of us =)

Keep an eye out I will be posting the servers we will play on when BETA's come around, and I will do my best to select a good server for actual launch. 

And Xdrac, I have requested the mods to have your post has be deleted. You do not promote your own guild on my thread. If your intention was to see if you fit what our guild will be looking for, then absolutely. You seem like an experienced player who wants to play with skillful people. We have a couple others from EU considering my guild as well so you would not be alone.

AS FOR EVERYONE: YOUR AVAILABILITY IS NOT AN ISSUE. The point of this guild was to understand that people had real lives. So you never have to make an excuse for why you aren't playing unless you committed to a raid/otherwise.

At the end of the day, we're just trying to have some fun right ! let us not easily forget that

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by AhmedZakaria

Everyone who comes to me before launch has a spot in my guild and it is theres to lose. So if you posted on here or e-mailed me, rest assured, you are one of us =)

Keep an eye out I will be posting the servers we will play on when BETA's come around, and I will do my best to select a good server for actual launch. 

And Xdrac, your post has been deleted. You do not promote your own guild on my thread. You do not fit in because you are obviously not on the same page as everyone else here. You may privately contact me to discuss this matter further.

What do you mean by "my thread has been deleted"? lol

I mean the thread i posted on the GW2Guru forums which consisted of exactly what I copy/pasted here on my previous post.

That im very dedicated in guild creation and look for like minded individuals.

And I dont have a guild. lol Neither did I promote anything in your thread.. I thing you got something wrong there bud

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

^^ Read after my edit  ^^

Do you see that post as competition? xD

It's just to show you my dedication and show you that I obviously wanted to do the same as you a while ago BEFORE I actually found this thread, which got sent to me in a PM.

That c/p was just cause I didnt wanna re-type it all, lawl..

Do you have instant msging programs?

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

what about full time stay at home sons?

Originally posted by xDrac

Do you see that post as competition? xD

It's just to show you my dedication and show you that I obviously wanted to do the same as you a while ago BEFORE I actually found this thread, which got sent to me in a PM.

That c/p was just cause I didnt wanna re-type it all, lawl..

Do you have instant msging programs?

Sorry for the misinterpretation. I do not see it as competition since obviously mine was more specific to a certain audience. But nonetheless, it would be rude were that an actual guild post. You are capable of making your own for that purpose.

But as I answered in the edit, and I will say it agian, I think you'd do great with us. If your dedication is even half of what you have claimed, I fully see you being one of the founding members and being well involved in the guild activities. I have no officers or ranks in mind yet, but if you have experience in organizing a guild, I will see it in BETA and we will move forward from there.

Everyone keeping in mind, I dont want anyone feeling like a "leader" or some type of authority. We will have people who take initiative, such as myself or xdrac in the future, but it will be in the confines of  team play and cooperating to succede.

Also another thing to keep in mind, i expect WvWvW to be very intense. So at times, i will be like a raid leader, and will expect people to play with the same passion as I will to represent our server with a victory =)

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

I like the concept behind the guild and I'm interested if you're still looking. I'm studying biomedical science in the UK but from my experiences with GW2 so far will absolutely be pre-ordering.

Originally posted by Hrica

I'll be expecting you ready to play in that case !

Originally posted by Xexv

I like the concept behind the guild and I'm interested if you're still looking. I'm studying biomedical science in the UK but from my experiences with GW2 so far will absolutely be pre-ordering.

A bio-med major? souds like you'll be playing an engineer in game? haha o wait thats just your real life studies.

As mentioned multiple times, I am highly receptive to EURO players and would love to see you guys on-line with us.

Remember, keep an eye out on this post when BETA weekends roll around so we can all meet in-game!

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Originally posted by Hrica

I'll be expecting you ready to play in that case !

LOL just kidding. Just wanted to get a laugh to the forums instead of all the Drama.

BUT I goto college and work full time. I guess I still fit!!

Me and Ahmed exchanged a few emails and seem to be quite like-minded.

what would you people like in terms of naming that guild? do you care about the name at all or is it rather unimportant to you?

I suppose getting something like a forum up for interested people to gather on would be a good idea since we could then see how many people really are interested and how active they'll follow the progression of the guild :x

Originally posted by xDrac

Me and Ahmed exchanged a few emails and seem to be quite like-minded.

what would you people like in terms of naming that guild? do you care about the name at all or is it rather unimportant to you?

I suppose getting something like a forum up for interested people to gather on would be a good idea since we could then see how many people really are interested and how active they'll follow the progression of the guild :x

Right. The most important focus will be chatting in-game during beta-weekends. I don't expect to group much as our time on the game will be short. But just seeing each other on-line will be a great start.

Moving forward I will be asking everyone to register on the guild website. Will keep everyone posted on that. As far as names, I listed a bunch in my OP so let us know what you like. Feel free to suggest other names.

Im thinking "Living Legends" but i'm always changing my mind since theres so much time til launch =P