Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Email Servers and Account Help

ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I have a TSW beta key.  I have an AoC account with AO and Bloodlines on it.  I want to register my TSW beta key.  Whenever I try to login to anything on their site I get:

You have not logged in recently.  Look at your email for instructions.  (Summary)

So I can't login to my account anywhere.  Yet after 2 1/2 hours now I have yet to receive an email.  I even went to reset my password where all you put in is your email address and after 3 tries I still have yet to receive an email.

Anyone have any clue what is going on?  I saw this a day or two ago and wrote it off so that is 2 days, and then 3-4 emails attempts today and I get nothing.  What if I actually wanted to play AoC over these last 2 days? 

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening right when they turn on preorders...

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You'll just have to wait it out, it takes ages for them to send the email.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

So they lock out accounts, and then take over 2 days to send an email to unlock them...  I can see this being an issue for people who buy the Secret World and want to login and add the key to their account.  Hopefully they work it out.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

So have you been trying for 2 and a half hours or 2 days?  If it's 2 days then jump on the live chat and ask them, the link is at the bottom of the log in page.

I tried to login from my iphone 2 days ago and saw the message and just closed it out.  Didn't care much.  I thought maybe I put in bad account info or something.

Today I went and the same thing.  I have tried a few times in the last 2-3 hours and tried resetting password thrice.  I am sitting in live chat, explained it all to them and haven't gotten a response in 53 minutes now.  Waiting on them prompted me to post here.

This can't be logical... they have to assume a ton of TSW purchasers are going to try to login to their accounts and face this issue.  Maybe most would just make another account with a different email, but there is no way I would do that.  Would make for way too much confusion in the long term.  Maybe I am OCD or something.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate Funcom like most.  Loved AoC, had a sub running off and on for over a year and loved AO.  This though is a bit ridiculous.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Since this is the internets I must ask; Have your checked your spam filter?

I got my email in seconds when I reactivated my account. 

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

I haven't logged into my Funcom account since AoC went F2P, and I basically had the same thing happen.  I didn't forget my password, they just locked my account because of inactivity.

Against my better judgment, I was going to preorder a standard version of TSW, just because the concept of the game interested me.  It's been 5 hours now, and I still haven't received a link to reverify my email address.  I can see their customer service is as fail as ever.   I don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes for an automated email reply for a forgotten password, much less a situation where I didn't forget it.

Thanks Funcom, you just saved me $50.  I guess I'll wait until TSW has a free trial weekend a couple months after launch or goes F2P sometime next year.

Ok finally got live chat after over an hour.  He told me to check my spam, etc, etc.  I had already done that.

Then he told me to search my folder for Funcom emails as the emails have at times been known to come from 1970.  I seriously laughed out loud.  I searched for this and it was also a no go.

He asked me to add them as a trusted email, and to turn off my virus protection.  Come on now..  I waited about 30 seconds and said ok done without doing anything.  He pushed an email through.  One minute later my email box is flooded with about 8 Funcom emails dated at 10:36 this morning.  I guess it was closer to 4 hours. 

I don't know what he did, but he made them all come through instantly.  They really need to fix this before TSW launches.  People like their accounts all bundled together, and if I bought this at a store and had to wait almost 5 hours to play because my account was locked out I would freaking rage. 

Anyways, I then asked while I had him where to download the beta client before the beta weekends started.  He said you can't download it until the beta weekend starts.  Sweets.  I should be able to get in about 15 minutes before the servers shut down.

I mean I am more of a Funcom supporter than most that I know, and I loved me some Dreamfall and Longest Journey.  I have been hyping this game.

How can a company just not get it.  When you look at Arenanet it is like they just get it.  They can foresee issues, they can see what the players need and want, and they understand the industry.  I just don't get how Funcom constantly comes off as clueless.  GET IT TOGETHER fools and make this game a success.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I got my email almost instantly after receiving this message. /shrug

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

^ same here, checked my acc first time in a while on the main website and was told it was locked. Followed the instructions and got an email verification within a minute, back to website and was up and running ok. I wonder if it has to do with who your email is with?

Well it could have been just a hiccup on their side, or they have troubles with Gmail.  As long as people normally get it quickly it wouldn't be a problem, and like I said the email was stamped with the correct time it just didn't come till 4 hours later.

Maybe they have a small bug, or something of this nature.  I just hope they get it fixed before TSW launches.  The more baffling thing to me is not allowing the beta client dl until the beta weekend.  UNLESS they want to stress test their DL server and that ensures it will get hit hard. 

Overall I am over it.  No worries, but it wasn't the smoothest of experiences that is for sure.

My email is Comcast...not exactly some fly-by-night operation.  24 hours now and account still locked and no email.  I used to get emails from Funcom fairly regularly and never added them to my spam list, but I checked my spam folder anyway, and there's nothing there.

Sorry, Funcom, I'm not jumping through hoops like a previous poster had to do to get my account unlocked when I didn't do anything to get it locked.  Get your shit together.

• Tamsyn2002Tamsyn2002 Member Posts: 24

Have you checked your blocked addresses list? I went thru a similiar problem recently. I had accidentally blocked the sender.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I requested a password reset 2xs to 2 diff accounts (email addresses). After an hour+ I just made a new account. That went right through. Would have liked to use my old AoC account but *shrug*

Originally posted by Digna

I requested a password reset 2xs to 2 diff accounts (email addresses). After an hour+ I just made a new account. That went right through. Would have liked to use my old AoC account but *shrug*

I could do that, but why should I have to?  How hard is it for them to unlock my account or send me a frickin email?  What if I was one of those people that got some guaranteed beta access to TSW by having a sub to AoC?  They could have some cross game promotion in the future that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of because my AoC and TSW accounts are different.

In another thread, a guy said some emails had 1970 send dates lol (yes I scrolled to the bottom of my inbox...no emails from 1970).  If they're this incompetent sending out emails, I can't have any faith that this game will launch in any better condition than AoC did.  Meh I'll probably still be playing TOR or D3 in June, and I'll just end up waiting for a free trial of this game.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    I agree that you shouldnt have to. Found it rather annoying. On the other hand, I elected to do it to get the job done. Sometimes, a battle (or arguement) is more trouble than it's worth. Since I ultimately want to play.....and now I can

Update:  broke down and did the livechat thing.  I got an email with a transcript of the chat about 1 min after it ended, but still no email to reactivate my account 2 hours later lol.  If it doesn't come sometime today, I'll just take that as a sign to stay far, far away from this game.

Here is the conversation log:

(01:19:13 PM GMT) Welcome to Funcom Live Support.

Our goal is to serve you as quickly as possible.

While you are waiting for a Customer Support Representative provide us with the following information:

*Account name

*Describe the issue you are experiencing

Thank you and we will be with you shortly.

(01:19:43 PM GMT) Jerry has entered the chat.

(01:19:47 PM GMT) Me: my account is locked for inactivity. I have not received an email to reactivate it. Trying to preorder TSW

(01:20:30 PM GMT) Me: my account is <redacted>

(01:20:41 PM GMT) Me: my email is <redacted>

(01:21:00 PM GMT) Jerry: Thank you for contacting customer service, When an account is frozen for inactivity an email is sent to the address associated with the account asking that you verify your account to reactivate it. Sometimes these mails end up in the spam or junk folder.

(01:21:31 PM GMT) Me: checked spam folder not there. checked blocked users funcom is not blocked

(01:22:08 PM GMT) Jerry: No problem, could you add [email protected] and [email protected] to your contacts list for me and I will resend the email for you so we can reactivate your account.

(01:22:50 PM GMT) Me: can you verify my account <redacted> is tied to email address <redacted>? I added a filter to allow anything with "funcom" in the address to go to inbox

(01:25:25 PM GMT) Jerry: All of those details appear to be correct, I will resend the email and hope your filter lets it through. It could take up to an hour so arrive, if you do not receive it by then please let us know so we can attempt to help and get you active and ready for TSW!

(01:26:31 PM GMT) Jerry: Is there anything else I can do for you today?

(01:26:36 PM GMT) Me: ok i will give it a few hours

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by ProfRed

I have a TSW beta key.  I have an AoC account with AO and Bloodlines on it.  I want to register my TSW beta key.  Whenever I try to login to anything on their site I get:

You have not logged in recently.  Look at your email for instructions.  (Summary)

So I can't login to my account anywhere.  Yet after 2 1/2 hours now I have yet to receive an email.  I even went to reset my password where all you put in is your email address and after 3 tries I still have yet to receive an email.

Anyone have any clue what is going on?  I saw this a day or two ago and wrote it off so that is 2 days, and then 3-4 emails attempts today and I get nothing.  What if I actually wanted to play AoC over these last 2 days? 

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening right when they turn on preorders...

keep trying, it took me all day yesterday to get it to work and live chat didnt help as they didnt seem to know that their own system was malfunctioning. It's Funcom.. this happens a lot >.<

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Update:  broke down and did the livechat thing.  I got an email with a transcript of the chat about 1 min after it ended, but still no email to reactivate my account 2 hours later lol.  If it doesn't come sometime today, I'll just take that as a sign to stay far, far away from this game.

its ok as soon as you got in game you would have come to this conclusion =P