Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just some low level button mashing?

13»

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Well, GW1 had xp scrolls as well and it had a level cap of 20. So really the "grind" is a nonfactor unless you are deliberately choosing it to be (since grind is just a state of mind).

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Just look at the first 7 minutes of this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJmXvdZAvk video. This is level 5 engineer gameplay.  Does it look dull to you? Is this simple mindless buttonmashing?

---------EDIT---------

and then obviously noboddy watched the video or understood the sarcasm in this post as the combat actually showed the opposite. It shows how important dodging and timing your skills is when combat gets challenging. Until fionfar offcourse..

Originally posted by fiontar
    I hope people actually watch some of the video before they assume that it just shows boring combat or button mashing. This guy knows how to move around while using skills, it's not the typical "stand in one spot spamming skills until dead" MMORPG form of combat. Two of the six skills he spams when ever they are off cooldown, the other four are not spammed and he sets up the net gun and rocket jump before using them.
    That's a lot going on at level 5 and he wasn't even making much use of his dodge skill.
    As you level, there will be more skill slot and skill unlocks and combat will become more difficult. Like with most games, the lower levels are a lot less challenging, as players learn the game, than they will be at higher levels. Even Tera's combat is easy mode until you get close to level 20 and in that game, you can't move and use skills, so it's more static.
    A dev said recently that the game introduces the multiple layers of character progression and game play over the first 30 levels, so that players can learn and integrate those elements into their game play before the game starts to require you to have a more complete understanding of the ins and out of combat and character builds. Even then the content ramps up from 30 to 80, with the level 80 zone having extremely challenging content that some will find too difficult. (They can do this due to the system that automatically scales you down for lower level content, while still giving you loot and XP based on your true level. If someone just can't handle the content at some point, they can always drop down to lower level content to finish their leveling progression and hone their game play skills).
    I think that video shows fairly impressive and atypical MMORPG combat for a level 5!
    Seems you where the only one that actually watched and understood the video, there was so much going on with only 5 skills, he was fighting stuff higher level and did a great job of timing his skills and dodging out of harms way.

This was a video that showed the opposite of the post title and noboddy even noticed exceot you. the button mashing comments where sarcasm.

Thank you all for prooving again that most of the negative comments are build on nothing.. never seen combat like this at level 5. and with more skills and a 2nd weapon it will get only better and harder.

Why do you think he is only one who understand how GW2 prolly will be?

I just bought the COLLECTORS EDITION of the game becouse of what i think it will be and i surely dont listend to haters who on most accounts are biased and with close minded opinions.

I did not look at this video becouse i dont understand french but i saw houres of other videos to have fair knowledge of judging the game to GO FOR IT:)

Im a sandbox fan never got myself so involved in themeparks but GW2 i give chance becouse it realy seems a new appraoch how we gonne play mmo's its challenging and fresh with no classes and dynamic events plus game have a artistic way that appeals to me.

So he is not only one who see game is not simple button mashing.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by Classicstar

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Just look at the first 7 minutes of this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJmXvdZAvk video. This is level 5 engineer gameplay.  Does it look dull to you? Is this simple mindless buttonmashing?

---------EDIT---------

and then obviously noboddy watched the video or understood the sarcasm in this post as the combat actually showed the opposite. It shows how important dodging and timing your skills is when combat gets challenging. Until fionfar offcourse..

Originally posted by fiontar

I hope people actually watch some of the video before they assume that it just shows boring combat or button mashing. This guy knows how to move around while using skills, it's not the typical "stand in one spot spamming skills until dead" MMORPG form of combat. Two of the six skills he spams when ever they are off cooldown, the other four are not spammed and he sets up the net gun and rocket jump before using them.

That's a lot going on at level 5 and he wasn't even making much use of his dodge skill.

As you level, there will be more skill slot and skill unlocks and combat will become more difficult. Like with most games, the lower levels are a lot less challenging, as players learn the game, than they will be at higher levels. Even Tera's combat is easy mode until you get close to level 20 and in that game, you can't move and use skills, so it's more static.

A dev said recently that the game introduces the multiple layers of character progression and game play over the first 30 levels, so that players can learn and integrate those elements into their game play before the game starts to require you to have a more complete understanding of the ins and out of combat and character builds. Even then the content ramps up from 30 to 80, with the level 80 zone having extremely challenging content that some will find too difficult. (They can do this due to the system that automatically scales you down for lower level content, while still giving you loot and XP based on your true level. If someone just can't handle the content at some point, they can always drop down to lower level content to finish their leveling progression and hone their game play skills).

I think that video shows fairly impressive and atypical MMORPG combat for a level 5!

Seems you where the only one that actually watched and understood the video, there was so much going on with only 5 skills, he was fighting stuff higher level and did a great job of timing his skills and dodging out of harms way.

This was a video that showed the opposite of the post title and noboddy even noticed exceot you. the button mashing comments where sarcasm.

Thank you all for prooving again that most of the negative comments are build on nothing.. never seen combat like this at level 5. and with more skills and a 2nd weapon it will get only better and harder.

Why do you think he is only one who understand how GW2 prolly will be?

I just bought the COLLECTORS EDITION of the game becouse of what i think it will be and i surely dont listend to haters who on most accounts are biased and with close minded opinions.

I did not look at this video becouse i dont understand french but i saw houres of other videos to have fair knowledge of judging the game to GO FOR IT:)

Im a sandbox fan never got myself so involved in themeparks but GW2 i give chance becouse it realy seems a new appraoch how we gonne play mmo's its challenging and fresh with no classes and dynamic events plus game have a artistic way that appeals to me.

So he is not only one who see game is not simple button mashing.

Firstly look at the two sentences in red. Do you think what he was saying matches up with what you think he was saying? Here is a hint.

You have totally misread what he said.

Secondly this is the first post you have made in this thread, so how exactly could Lord Bachus have known if you agree with him or not? Technology is not advanced enough yet to allow the internet to implement mind reading software image

Also your statement in blue proves Lord Bachus's first sentence in red to be correct. The comments on this website do make me chuckle

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Nice vids of combat thanks.

Also, bear in mind its still beta.

Uhh... what?