Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One thing EA and BW are doing that is good.

darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-05-bioware-announces-mass-effect-3-extended-cut

All those who were worried that the DLC with the new ending stuff for ME3 was going to cost money can breathe easier as it will be free for all platforms.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's really just damage control.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Originally posted by Kabaal

This ^^

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Originally posted by sinjin

This ^^

Yeah but its still gana be free so Damage control or not its good.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

It would be damage control if they announced that new DLC  with new endings would be payable and then change statements later to calm people down. They never said they are going to charge for new endings.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

what, what? They are Saints!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Sometimes being voted the worst company in the world makes you do cRaZy things!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Whitebeards

It would be damage control if they announced that new DLC  with new endings would be payable and then change statements later to calm people down. They never said they are going to charge for new endings.

Honestly, I completely believe that they had planned to release the "real" ending as paid DLC to make an extra few bucks.  And if you think this is far-fetched for a company to do, Capcom is already doing it with Asura's wrath.

I think EA just realized that they may be going a bit too far when they got voted a worst company that oil giants and big banks that are stealing peoples' houses :).

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Originally posted by Creslin321

Honestly, I completely believe that they had planned to release the "real" ending as paid DLC to make an extra few bucks.  And if you think this is far-fetched for a company to do, Capcom is already doing it with Asura's wrath.

I think EA just realized that they may be going a bit too far when they got voted a worst company that oil giants and big banks that are stealing peoples' houses :).

Lol they got voted that cuz us gamers have F***ed up priorities but hey you DONT F*** WITH GAMERS!

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

To be honest, they should have to do this because people are not getting the ending they want. What a bunch of brats. If you dont like the ending, you dont like the ending. jeez

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Now I just need them to patch the face import bug so I can actually get to the ending. The patch is coming but will take time due to extensive testing...how 'bout you test the basics before you release the game? Seriously, faces from ME1>ME2>ME3 seems fairly basic to me, especially for a game that was touted from the beginning for allowing the story to span all three games.

EA is killing quality, QA and everything else about games.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    It still doesn't excuse SWTOR and the Boffo Wan Clownobi outfits.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Sadly no way to test your believes any more. And no wonder they got voted worst than big banks who are stealing people's houses. Just says a lot more about gamers in general and their messed up proirities. Clealy paying more for a game is bigger issue than losing homes and jobs.

Originally posted by darkrain21

Lol they got voted that cuz us gamers have F***ed up priorities but hey you DONT F*** WITH GAMERS!

True, but I think a lot of folks are taking this poll way too seriously.  It's just a poll from a magazine, it's not an official pronouncement :).  I'm sure that the people who voted for this poll didn't spend even a minute analyzing the different choices and coming to a rational decision.

Sadly no way to test your believes any more. And no wonder they got voted worst than big banks who are stealing people's houses. Just says a lot more about gamers in general and their messed up proirities. Clealy paying more for a game is bigger issue than losing homes and jobs.

Well...to be fair, EA did cause a lot of people to lose their jobs by buying out their companies and then destroying their franchises.

But yeah, I agree that EA is not the worst company in the world.  Honestly, if I were to vote I would put up Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, or yes...BoA.  Still though, it's just a poll, and people are going to vote for whatever company they have personal enmity for.

And if you don't watch the news...then you probably have no idea about how evil the big banks really are, but you do know that EA destroyed your precious Command and Conquer...so yeah, first world problems, but it is what it is.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I wish I cared. I don't understand the people that were in the forums shouting they'd gladly pay for a new ending just for some closure. I hated the endings, it left a bad taste in my mouth about the product itself, not just the writing. It wasn't the first time Bioware did this, they did something similar with DA2 where people were left wondering wtf happened. They seem to have developed a penchant for open-endings lately, and I for one despise cliffhangers.

Free or not, I won't be getting it. ME3 has already been uninstalled and my interest is long-gone. Went out and bought Atelier Totori and I'll be nabbing GW2 on the 10th, I have plenty to keep me busy at this point. ME3 is a distant memory.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

EA/BW: We'll make a ME3.
    Forum: ME2 sucked. ME3 will just sucked harder. All our choices in 1 and 2 won't mean $#!+ as we'll get just one ending.
    EA/BW releases ME3 with multiple endings.
    Forum: See, it sucked! We hate the ending. And the other ending. All the endings sucked.
    EA/BW releases new endings as DLC.
    Forum: Yea, well, I bet we have to pay for it.
    EA/BW states DLC will be free.
    Forum:

LOL

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

EA/BW: We'll make a ME3.

Forum: ME2 sucked. ME3 will just sucked harder. All our choices in 1 and 2 won't mean $#!+ as we'll get just one ending.

EA/BW releases ME3 with multiple endings.

Forum: See, it sucked! We hate the ending. And the other ending. All the endings sucked.

EA/BW releases new endings as DLC.

Forum: Yea, well, I bet we have to pay for it.

EA/BW states DLC will be free.

Forum:

LOL

Nicely done and the even sadder thing is that the irony will go straight over their heads.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by skeaser

Now I just need them to patch the face import bug so I can actually get to the ending. The patch is coming but will take time due to extensive testing...how 'bout you test the basics before you release the game? Seriously, faces from ME1>ME2>ME3 seems fairly basic to me, especially for a game that was touted from the beginning for allowing the story to span all three games.

EA is killing quality, QA and everything else about games.

Yeah, the face import bug is extremely annying. I could not quite get my character back to the same looks as I had in the previous games. i am surprised at how long it has taken them to patch the face import.

The game itself was pretty good. I really liked the improved AI. The mobs were far more aggressive and worked in teams fairly well. The multiplayer was pretty good as well (I was surprised there). However, the ending was not well thought out, but I will not rage over the last ten minutes of a forty plus hour game. 

• Fans: Um your endings kind of suck.  They had all sorts of senseless plotholes and didn't really tell us what happened to the people we cared about.

Bioware: Yeah, people not think ending so gud.  We fix it up better.  Add more stuff that be written just as nice.

Fans: Um .... Ok.  See all the mass effect relays are still going to eradicate almost all life in the galaxy or at least all the civilizations I know about since none of the ending will change?

Bioware:  Yeah we fix it up real gud.  Make add more stuff.

Fans: More doesn't fix the bad plotholes.

Bioware:  Yeah make more gud.

Fans: Ok sure.  Right you will make it make sense without changing the premise that makes no sense?

Bioware:  Yep. Add more, make more sense.

Fans: So you are gonna Retcon your really important DLC that established what a Mass Realy explosion is like.

Bioware:  Huh?  Ret who? No we make more good.  More stuff is gud.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Unless they're going to change the completely nonsensical 'star-child' bullshit, then they can take their DLC and shove it up hard. Same goes for their so-called 'artistic vision'.

It was a completely rushed, poorly written cop-out of an ending. Nothing at all artistic about it.

• Originally posted by Rednecksith

Unless they're going to change the completely nonsensical 'star-child' bullshit, then they can take their DLC and shove it up hard. Same goes for their so-called 'artistic vision'.

It was a completely rushed, poorly written cop-out of an ending. Nothing at all artistic about it.

Didn't know?  Artisitic means "immune to valid criticism by people who didn't write it".

I know.  I know.  You are going to say "But isn't that part of the revision and editing process everyone should learn in a basic writing course and therefore it can't really be disqualified even after you publish?".

And the answer is; shut the hell up you judgmental bastard.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Awesome. Hope to see some bigger differences between the ending and some freaking clarification on the aftermath.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by darkrain21

This. I still can't believe that a game company beats real rotten, corrupt, and 'evil' companies like some oil companies, banks and companies that support corrupt regimes, child labor or weapons trade. Talk about fucked up priorities image

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Ha!  Free up until April 12th. . it should just be free period.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Ha!  Free up until April 12th. . it should just be free period.

April 12th 2014. Free for a year before they start charging for it. I don't really see any reasoning for that, like you said, why can't it be free forever? I suppose EA has to milk everything eventually.