Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you play a TOP 9 game?

JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Hi everyone :)

Looking to the top 5 rating games on mmorpg.com and the most popular games release, i was wandering if ppl around was really playing one of this games.

How i create this list:

Top 5 rating games: Rift, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Guild Wars, Everquest II

Most popular games on this forum (in last 12months): Swtor, WoW, EVE, Rift, Darkfall, Everquest II, Lotro, Aion 

Was nice if everyone vote, only yhis way we get a real picture if mmorpg.com users are really playing this games so well rated or with a huge number of "hits".

Note: Had to remove one game, so it was the lower rating, Darkfall.

Comments

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Darkfall is the only game I'm subbed to right now. But I'm only half-assed playing it now. Just log in once in a while to see Agon. Just to have a place to go. But it's pretty dead.

I've actually got money to spend on a new game, but there's nothing I want to throw it at among the current mmorpg offerings. To me, that's a problem in the market.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Not really playing anything at the moment, But it would be safe to say ive tried every game in the top 10 list.

Lately i have been trying to get back into fallen earth (thus what i voted).

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

not realy playing any mmos atm just waiting on GW2 . Since i dont wanna ay a sub on somthing i wont play when GW2 comes out, and havant found any ftp game that realy worth playing.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

I play (and obviously sub) to multiple games in that list.  So technically, no I don't play "A" top 9 game :D!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

only game from that list i havent played (and dont intend to) is EVE. Not my type of game. Everything else played and quit. Will go back to WoW with MoP. Sometimes think about reinstalling GW but the thoughts of so much instancing instead of persistent world get in my way and bam!!! no thank you. Sometimes play Allods, DCUO for couple minutes and some xbox 360 here and there. Impatiently waiting for GW2

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by Eliandal

I play (and obviously sub) to multiple games in that list.  So technically, no I don't play "A" top 9 game :D!

On this case, im sure there is more ppl on this situation, just pick one where you spend more hours or is more important for you in some way.  image

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Out of those 9, just EVE Online.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

None of those games atm. Have been playing Path of Exile for awhile, havent wanted to pay for any MMOs recently.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Was playing Darkfall for a long time but unsubbed the other month as it looks like the devs are thinknig about maknig it easy mode...

Anyway only MMORPG im currently playing is Mortal Online and having a blast :)

Saying that I have played all of those games in the top 10

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

I'm playing Rift at the moment, but my subscription will end soon. After that, I think I'll play Lord of the Rings Online, and after that Tera and Guild Wars 2 :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Currently playing SWTOR, but likely to move on to Tera for a bit once it launches.

Still on the fence for GW2 and TSW.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

56 votes and no one is playing Lotro.

Seems "none of above" leads so far related to the most rating and/or popular games around this forum.

But is a little soon to make a comment about this with only 56 votes. image

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I've played everything in the top 9.  Enjoyed most of them for what they did, but don't actively play any of them at the moment.

The game I keep playing is Mortal Online, however.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Jabas
    Hi everyone :)

Looking to the top 5 rating games on mmorpg.com and the most popular games release, i was wandering if ppl around was really playing one of this games.

How i create this list:
    Top 5 rating games: Rift, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Guild Wars, Everquest II
    Most popular games on this forum (in last 12months): Swtor, WoW, EVE, Rift, Darkfall, Everquest II, Lotro, Aion 

Was nice if everyone vote, only yhis way we get a real picture if mmorpg.com users are really playing this games so well rated or with a huge number of "hits".
    Note: Had to remove one game, so it was the lower rating, Darkfall.

Darkfall was popular becouse somehow they where able to raise the numbers on original hits but mmorpg.com corrected this. Also Darkfal maybe have almost 200000 post and seems big but dont forget that it took years to build that number plus many haters/trolls/vaporware shouters roaming the Darkfall forum raise that number also.

I play none of the above games.

Waiting for GW2.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Caldrin
    Was playing Darkfall for a long time but unsubbed the other month as it looks like the devs are thinknig about maknig it easy mode...

Anyway only MMORPG im currently playing is Mortal Online and having a blast :)

Saying that I have played all of those games in the top 10

Lol you could see this DEVS going easymode comming already 2 years ago hehe.

Shame Darkfall could have been one of best games out there im so dissapointed with that game and specially community:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Nope. I do play DAOC.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Currently playing Eve.

Still figuring out exploration, hauling and the occaisional mission run.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

Playing WoW, but account shuts off this week. Then i got Darkfall im probable guna resub too, but still debating.

After that, just got Starcraft 2, and free2play games.

Looking forward too: Darkfall 2.0, WoW: MoP, GW2, Otherland, Firefall, Archeage.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I am in Guild Wars atm myself...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Classicstar

Originally posted by Jabas

Darkfall was popular becouse somehow they where able to raise the numbers on original hits but mmorpg.com corrected this. Also Darkfal maybe have almost 200000 post and seems big but dont forget that it took years to build that number plus many haters/trolls/vaporware shouters roaming the Darkfall forum raise that number also.

I play none of the above games.

Waiting for GW2.

I try to create a list based on rating and most popular games on this forum. Considering that the rating is created by forum user as long the popularity (based on hits) id like to see if the user were playing the games most voted and with most "hits".

I inicial create the top10 but forgot the "none of above" option, so i had to remove one game and choose the criteria of lower rating of the inicial group.

Im playing L2 atm, and allways checking the forum looking for something new that maybe call my attention.  image

• NiffiNiffi Member Posts: 36

Bounty Hounds Online atm and sometimes a bit Runes of Magic, i still hope to get back the nice pvp. -.-'

The only game i tried from the list is Aion and in Europe its an f2p-system where i have to pay, to play it... I dont like this, so i dont play it atm.

Greets Niffi

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Not playing any of those right now but have played all of them, well Eve I only sort of did.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Eliandal

made me smile :)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I've played about half of them (all but EQ2 for less than a month) and none of them thrill me so my answer is none..... I'm hoping GW2 or TSW is alot better than any of these or I'll still be playing EQ, DAoC, and Anarchy Online......