Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Black Citadel Video Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Home of the Charr, the Black Citadel sits in a blackened plain surrounded by destruction. Check out our video tour of the Guild Wars 2 Charr capitol xity, The Black Citadel.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DarkersonDarkerson Member UncommonPosts: 8

...what?

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Why the low resolution video's ?

• Spades37Spades37 Member Posts: 9
    I think it's trying to communicate
  • Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

And uh... why not get people with something more to say / less to say in some cases make these videos?  No offense to the creator but if you're making a video to show off an area why not just make it a FPV cinimatic experience?  (Assuming there is a FPV camera option)

Full Sail University - Game Design

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

worst videos ever. res was soo bad it hurt my eyes. commentary would have been better off left out

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

/sigh MMORPG.com never fails to disappoint with it's video coverage on this game. Well except when it came to the UI & Guild Interface. At least they got that right. image

Here's how you do a short tour of a City.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

Please stop letting people other than bill murphy make videos they just suck at it.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by ZeGerman

Please stop letting people other than bill murphy make videos they just suck at it.

Yeah, I was just going to say that.  Bill has a couple of decent ones out there.  I wouldn't paint all of MMORPG with the same brush.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

The quality was too poor for me to continue watching past the first 30 seconds or so. If they re-upload at least a 720, I could actually *see* what he's trying to do.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We do apologize folks, and I swear these WILL be getting better. Lots of technical issues over the course of the weekend due to different formats and the like.  But that won't be happening again. ;)

-Bill

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• gavellgavell Member Posts: 1

This guy does the worst videos, you would think with more time he would get better.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

hmmmm good watch, but poor quality videos. The audio has lots of blips on it too.... not sure if thats the encoding or mic but its not good.

I think you guys need to get together and decide on a standard for your video coverage to make it more consistent. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

HD would have been nice, but low rez is ok to see the general layout and feel for the area.

However, the video glitches are very annoying. If that's not some conversion artifact, but in the source, it'd be better to junk the whole video than put something like this out there. this just makes everyone look bad. :(

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

Uhm... you're gonna call me a "hater", but doesn't one need to have some kind of, you know, talent, to review stuff on here?  This guy couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag.  I mean, horrible.. this is what reviewers are like nowadays?

He keeps saying "uhm", over and over again.. pausing while thinking of what to say, repeatedly.  His commentary was boring, blank, fairly mindless, and so on.  Absolutely terrible.  I had to shut it off mid-way through.

I guess this you-tube generation has just come to expect less of everything these days... if you watch TV (I gave up on it), kids are learning that you don't need any talent to get on TV anymore, and actually, quite the opposite is true now... any loser and their mother, literally, can get on TV, and I guess, make a video review.  Sad.

• RuyanRuyan Member Posts: 44

The 90's called, they want their video quality back.

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

The commentary bothers me more than the video.  It's okay to talk all the time, but edit that stuff out later, so we don't have to hear it.  Below is just a tiny excerpt of the babble I'm talking about.

"Big, tank lookin' things. Aw, these are cool. S'like monster trucks heh. Oh! Is this like a jet bomber? No...they're...vehicles.  Must be some kinda crazy siege stuff down the line.  Um. Over here is a merchant. Here we go.  This big oven's  goin everywhere, it feels very hot. Like, hot here. Iron...I don't need to train. Well, these guys are like master Rangers.  Eh, he's sellin bags.  I don't need a bag."

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by HappyFunBall

Uhm... you're gonna call me a "hater", but doesn't one need to have some kind of, you know, talent, to review stuff on here?  This guy couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag.  I mean, horrible.. this is what reviewers are like nowadays?

He keeps saying "uhm", over and over again.. pausing while thinking of what to say, repeatedly.  His commentary was boring, blank, fairly mindless, and so on.  Absolutely terrible.  I had to shut it off mid-way through.

I guess this you-tube generation has just come to expect less of everything these days... if you watch TV (I gave up on it), kids are learning that you don't need any talent to get on TV anymore, and actually, quite the opposite is true now... any loser and their mother, literally, can get on TV, and I guess, make a video review.  Sad.

You are just rude and obnoxious.  This kind of thing is offered free of charge, so your purile opinion on the quality is uncalled for let alone attacking someone because he isn't a professional presenter, on a gaming site no less.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

After the pvp video, i vowed never to watch any more video from this garret guy. From the feedback in the comment, i made thhe right choice

• uardinuardin Member Posts: 1

Wow seems like most people here are really bad at offering constructive criticism.  For future videos I'd cut back on unnecessary commentary. Thanks for the preview of the Black Citadel. I'm excited about this game, definitely making a charr.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Thanks for the preview, but please can you make 1 video lasting a decent amount of time..  I cannot see why it's necessary to make multiple <2 minute vids.  make 1, and have it go for 10 or 15 mins please. A better resolution certainly would help as well so its not a blurry mess in full screen.

If it's your rig not being up to it, then considering you're showcasing to the public I would suggest getting a rig that can before doing anymore.

Thanks though.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

i appriciate what you guys are trying to do... but honestly u can seeit yaselves can't you?? the resolutions is crap the guy speaking sounds like his using a 5 dollar mic, and its not informative at all... all his saying is o hears this and that.. thats cooolllll.... seriously? come on mmorpg.. get someone with exerpeince with these things and quality.. not just a quick excuse thats sumthing that has been thrown 2gether at the last moment cause thats what is looks like..

Cheers

P.s just saw Bill's post - hope it gets better soon :)

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Some people need reminding that this is just a preview not a review of it. It's just to show you the basic layout and what's there in the city. Quality wasn't great on the vid but who cares, atleast we know what the Black citadel looks like now. I'm not in beta so thanks for atleast showing us something.