Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This games PvP is a joke.

XhyronXhyron Member UncommonPosts: 40

Should have been called The Old Restunlic(durp) Online.

This game succeeds as a solid story driven single player experience(not worth a monthly sub) and fails in every possible aspect that an MMO can, PvP especially. I really enjoyed the story.

Constant stuns, roots, pushes, pulls, horrible imbalances, flavor of the month templates, and generally skilless gameplay with a target and click box system(anyone that says this game requires skill is legally retarded) killed this game for me. Not to mention the actual world feels nothing like an MMO should nor does anything you do in the game seem to matter.

[Mod Edit]

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

its just the standard Gear Focused, PVE orientated, pure Themepark MMO PVP

no better or worse than Wow, rift et all..

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

At least when WoW first came out it was all world PVP and amazingly fun with city raids every weekend.

Now it's grind battlegrounds for dailies, which are the worst invention ever to make up for lack of game content.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

This just in, TOR's PvP leaves much to be desired!

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by tixylix

At least when WoW first came out it was all world PVP and amazingly fun with city raids every weekend.

WoW was crap at launch the troll war was even more there than swtor has now.

wow reach 1.4mil sub after a YEAR...the game was horrible in every single aspects for a year.

swtor did 1.7mil in less than 2 months.

ppl say swtor is dead lol but its not...there is still at leas 1.1   1.3 mil sub active and 1,2 patch will make things even bigger

haters gonna hate.....swtor is here to stay and it will grow all you peeps who think swtor will go f2p u can start dreaming cause it will never happen for at least 4-5 years

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by albaficass

wow reach 1.4mil sub after a YEAR...the game was horrible in every single aspects for a year.

ppl say swtor is dead lol but its not...there is still at leas 1.1   1.3 mil sub active and 1,2 patch will make things even bigger

haters gonna hate.....swtor is here to stay and it will grow all you peeps who think swtor will go f2p u can start dreaming cause it will never happen for at least 4-5 years

What a bunch of crap fanboy, WOW still has better pvp than TOR even with the horrible things GC has done to it. TOR will be lucky to last as long or do as well as EQ2 much less WOW. TOR has lost over 200,000 subs since they released subscriber numbers. So thats a bleed of 200k in one month, at best it will struggle to keep up with Runescape lol.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

It truly is shocking what people will play these days. And even more shocking what they think is good pvp.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I think they will be doing well to keep over 1m at the end of March, also the 3 month subs are up for renewal in April, 500k by June maybe at a guess?
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

4-5 years...i dont think so boy ,when gw2 come out ill give it a year and half as max-and so for other games subs going to drop dramaticly

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210

Rift was the first mmo!

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Ranged Stuns. Nobody can move. You just hang in the air and drop dead.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

Originally posted by Xhyron

This game succeeds as a solid story driven single player experience(not worth a monthly sub) and fails in every possible aspect that an MMO can, PvP especially. I really enjoyed the story.

Constant stuns, roots, pushes, pulls, horrible imbalances, flavor of the month templates, and generally skilless gameplay with a target and click box system(anyone that says this game requires skill is legally retarded) killed this game for me. Not to mention the actual world feels nothing like an MMO should nor does anything you do in the game seem to matter.

[Mod Edit]

I'm interested to know what new release mmo ever had pvp right?

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by synn

[Mod Edit]

Warhammer Online's first tier PVP was and still is pretty epic.

OT: Pre 50 PVP in SWTOR not so bad,i had just over a month of fun with it.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Now it's grind battlegrounds for dailies, which are the worst invention ever to make up for lack of game content.

Yes. I agree with you 100%.

It annoys me that Blizzard killed this aspect of the game. It was the one of the main reasons I stopped playing themepark MMOs generally.

• MixxathonMixxathon Member UncommonPosts: 28

For you who think this game fails in the PVP dept... Could it simply be that you have other expectations, perhaps due to having played other MMO's extensively and gotten used to them?

This is the first game I have PVP'ed in, and I must say that I have a great time. No sense of "fail" what so ever. Alot of stuns, pulls and roots? Yep, sure, but that only means that I will have to take that into account - plan ahead, make use of cover, move around, disrupt when able... simply, be good at what I do.

The Warzones are great if played as a team - while playing solo in PUG's can be a bit of a pain, most problems can actually be solved by a single sentence in the chat to get all to work together - or perhaps in the minute leading up to the battle?

Illum - should be redesigned - and will in fact be so.

Open world PVP - while not great, it works - and will continue to develop.

IMHO

SWTOR is a very new game with growing pains, something it shares with all MMO's. You can rant ad infinitum about "this should be in from the start", or "with that much money the PVP should be better" - but I say.... take it slow. Do not rush through the game. The endgame will come in time, the PVP will be refined.

In a few months time many of the games niggles will be stamped out. If you are serious about your PVP experience, just play a few other classes and take them to lvl 40 while BW fixes the endgame in the background.

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by ShakyMo

its just the standard Gear Focused, PVE orientated, pure Themepark MMO PVP

no better or worse than Wow, rift et all..

Clearly you have not played SWTOR if you think it is no different to WOW or Rift.

WOW (pre BC) and Rift are light years better than SWTOR is for world PvP, infact I am not even going to explain it to you because I assume your post is just a troll.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

haha

These forums are getting more more bashed about this game..

for the people who are doing this:

- how can you not knew about this

-  it has been pre-announced by serveral people including me.. that swotr had nothing new..

- still people "believe" in there first WHOAA experience with there first mmo.. ( whatever that might be), this feeling will not return until you start showing intrested in the nichy games

TBH: every release of a AAA game is hyped then after release 70% of the buyers stop subbing..

FYI: if you are heavy pvp freak and have patience.. start looking @ games like Darkfall online or mortal online.

mortal --. kinda slow paced.. ( but depends on what you preff )

darkfall imo best pvp player skilled game out there..

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by Mixxathon

For you who think this game fails in the PVP dept... Could it simply be that you have other expectations, perhaps due to having played other MMO's extensively and gotten used to them?

This is the first game I have PVP'ed in, and I must say that I have a great time. No sense of "fail" what so ever. Alot of stuns, pulls and roots? Yep, sure, but that only means that I will have to take that into account - plan ahead, make use of cover, move around, disrupt when able... simply, be good at what I do.

The Warzones are great if played as a team - while playing solo in PUG's can be a bit of a pain, most problems can actually be solved by a single sentence in the chat to get all to work together - or perhaps in the minute leading up to the battle?

Illum - should be redesigned - and will in fact be so.

Open world PVP - while not great, it works - and will continue to develop.

IMHO

SWTOR is a very new game with growing pains, something it shares with all MMO's. You can rant ad infinitum about "this should be in from the start", or "with that much money the PVP should be better" - but I say.... take it slow. Do not rush through the game. The endgame will come in time, the PVP will be refined.

In a few months time many of the games niggles will be stamped out. If you are serious about your PVP experience, just play a few other classes and take them to lvl 40 while BW fixes the endgame in the background.

So if as you say this is the first game you have PvP'ed you will think it's great.  However had you played WOW (pre BC) or Rift as it is now you would see just how poor SWTOR actually is at pvp. 

New games have to be better than old games or they fail.  SWTOR has failed quicker than most ever predicted, it was leaking subs in the first month.  The reason for this is because it's just crap as an MMO, it's more of a singleplayer RPG with a sprinkling of coop now and then.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by goldiewilson

What a bunch of crap fanboy, WOW still has better pvp than TOR even with the horrible things GC has done to it. TOR will be lucky to last as long or do as well as EQ2 much less WOW. TOR has lost over 200,000 subs since they released subscriber numbers. So thats a bleed of 200k in one month, at best it will struggle to keep up with Runescape lol.

Wait a sec ... even you, as a hater, can only accuse SW:TOR of losing 200k of 1.5m subscribers ? Sounds to me like SW:TOR is actually a quite massive success.

The "stun game" though sounds awful, though. At least people who got stunned should get temporary immunities for a while. Like: you got a 6s stun, you are now immune (or highly resistant) to any stun effect for the next 24s.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm not a swtor fan

For the record I suppose wow has slightly better pvp. But rift has worse, worst pvp one ever played (its good at what it does though pve themepark)

But asking which of the 3 has the best pvp is like asking which x factor finalist has the most creative talent
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Originally posted by stayontarget

It truly is shocking what people will play these days. And even more shocking what they think is good pvp.

Exactly, i mean people would even play Tera. Its shocking really.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Wtf are you on about?

WoW revolutionized the genre, it was by far the most polished MMO in it's day and had the best launch at the time too. I remember everyone saying how amazingly smooth the game was and the only thing that was bad at launch was the couple weeks the servers couldn't cope. Which wasn't Blizzard's fault as no one had ever seen an MMO be as popular as WoW before that, now there is no excuse.

It was also the first MMO to introduce levelling up via quests right the way through the game. It standardised MMOs UIs as they were a complete mess and it was the first MMO to have fluid movement and a fast paced Combat system without any ability delay. 

WoW was one of the only MMOS to have a near seamless world without any load screens but instances and switching between conts. The great thing is it actually built the boat rides and travel to the instances and they were built into the world and took up world space, so they didn't feel like instances at all. 

WoW was the first MMO to treat low level content with the same quality as high level content. Never before WoW had we seen an instance with the Dead Mines quality at level 20 and many MMOs didn't even have that quality at end level.

WoW was the first MMO where (I personally and many of my friends) actually had fun in PVP because it was all open world and the combat system was amazing. Tarren Mill and SouthShore, STV, city raids and the crossroads. It was just so amazing and by far better than any MMO delivered before. 

WoW is the reason why the genre is so popular today, it introduced 10 million+ people to MMOs which was by 2004 in decline and seen as a buggy mess.

I loved MMOS from EQ to SWG and PS but WoW was an amazing game at launch.

Just a shame people see it for what it is today and how much Blizzard have butchered it, though a lot of that has to do with it jsut being dated and they're trying things to keep customers. For me personally when World PVP died with the introduction of entering battlegrounds anywhere, then flying mounts in TBC and then enter any dungeon from anywhere I just couldn't like WoW anymore.

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

Get real when wow came out the first 3 months were aweful, I unsubbed from wow.

Now lets look at SWTOR first 3 months no server issues no waiting for hours to get on either.

Wow classes were also unbalanced everyone had a pally.

Ajax

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by ajax7

Now lets look at SWTOR first 3 months no server issues no waiting for hours to get on either.

No, now people have to wait for hours to form a group after they log on instantly
  • GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by ajax7

No, now people have to wait for hours to form a group after they log on instantly

Strange, the only time I have a problem finding a group, whether PvP or PvE, is for the first few minutes after the game comes on-line after a maintenance period.  My guess is that is mostly because they almost never take as long of a maintenance period as they warn us they are going to take so people are not expecting the servers to actually be working.

I find it funny though that people forget how bad the first year or two of WoW really was.  It was great back then in comparison to what had gone before, but absolutely lousy by todays standards.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by synn

[Mod Edit]

Ultima Online, PlanetSide, Lineage 2, Aion, EVE, DAOC, etc.

And yes, I agree, the PVP in SWTOR is really bad. So bad that I actually finally cancelled my account after playing the game since launch. I can't force myself anymore to pay monthly fees for a game that's only decent in the single player parts.

My server (basilisk droid) went from 3h queues at launch to nearly constantly light anyway, so guess I am not only one to feel that way.

LFG!