Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: First Contact Day Event Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a new blog post on the official Star Trek Online site, the momentous in-game event to celebrate First Contact Day is revealed. First Contact Day marks the formation and identity of the Federation.

Star Trek Online celebrates First Contact Day with a special event running from April 5th, 10 AM PST to April 9th, 10 AM PST. During this event, you’ll be able to visit one of the Advanced Starship Design Bureau research facilities at Utopia Planitia, in orbit over Mars. While there, have a chat with some of the bridge officers of the Enterprise-F, which is home for a bit of testing and system recalibration. After you meet the crew, pick up your own replica of the Phoenix, humanity’s first warp-capable ship, as a deployable non-combat space craft. Once the event ends, the Enterprise will be warping off to new missions, so make sure you visit before she leaves.

Read more on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• avaliceheartavaliceheart Member Posts: 24

Wow..I've never even heard of this before.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

You didn't see Star Trek First Contact?

Awesome pet. I'll be jumping back in to take a look at this and get my free pet :D

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Ok. Cryptic is doing a good job at adding stuff to the game lately.
    Kdf faction is the worst faction in mmo history
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by staran

Ok. Cryptic is doing a good job at adding stuff to the game lately.

Kdf faction is the worst faction in mmo history

I agree, they have been doing a pretty good job with adding content recently.

In addition to the First Contact Day event, tomorrow they are also adding a new Klingon-only episode entitles "Alpha".

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Gilgamesh195Gilgamesh195 Member Posts: 3

The best free to play space mmorpg, joined a month ago and I'm having a blast. I highly recommend it.

The best part is that you can farm in-game currency and exchange it into cash points, I have already bought one of the ships offered in the cash store by using it.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

"First Contact Day" does not mark the founding of the Federation...the Federation wasn't founded for another 98 years.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I really need to give STO a shot. Anyway first contact was the first time earth had achieved warp speed. As a result they made contact with the Vulcans.