Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA is voted Worst Company in America, Now What?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Personally I think Activision is about as bad, but I can't say anything more than that they deserves the title.

20 years ago they made fun games and consisted of some dedicated gamers, now they chew up good companies and creates crap. Together with Activiision have they turned computer games a lot worse.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Starpower

The definition of hypocracy

Disgruntled gamer_01: EA sucks, they are moneygrabbin bastards!! I hope people will start boycotting their games after their latest scheme

2 days later

Disgruntled gamer_01: Oooh!! look!! Medal Of Honor Warfighter is coming soon.... DAY ONE PURCHASE!!! huzzaah!!

------------------------------

Disgruntled gamer_02: Screw Bioware/EA and their day 1 "must have" DLC, plus they completely ruined the ending of ME3

Months later

Disgruntled gamer_02:  Oooh! look!! A DLC that fixes the ending of ME3. I'm still very very angry!!!..... buuuut I'll buy it anyway because I just love the ME3 franchise and I'm a big pussy for not standing by my convictions

Yup, sometimes it's hard to stand by one's principles.  I still look at Sims 3 releases with longing, but I've had to write off that series, one that I've enjoyed for years and years.  It does get easier with the passage of time though.  But it helps that they continue to release derivative crap.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Starpower

The definition of hypocracy

Disgruntled gamer_01: EA sucks, they are moneygrabbin bastards!! I hope people will start boycotting their games after their latest scheme

2 days later

Disgruntled gamer_01: Oooh!! look!! Medal Of Honor Warfighter is coming soon.... DAY ONE PURCHASE!!! huzzaah!!

------------------------------

Disgruntled gamer_02: Screw Bioware/EA and their day 1 "must have" DLC, plus they completely ruined the ending of ME3

Months later

Disgruntled gamer_02:  Oooh! look!! A DLC that fixes the ending of ME3. I'm still very very angry!!!..... buuuut I'll buy it anyway because I just love the ME3 franchise and I'm a big pussy for not standing by my convictions

Perhaps "sucker" would fit better? image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Ea has to many titles to boycott em completly, while i have reduced the ammount of games i buy from them, there are stil some titles i wont pass up.

Battlefield is a title i wont stop buying as in my eyes they are one of the few fps games out there worth buying, valve counter strike is my favorite but they take to long for each relese so i need a another fps title.

Most gamers dont give a shit though and nothing will change in EA, they will stil earn a ton of money in the future

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Seriously they beat Comcast? I had Comcast for two years and it was nothing but a nightmare, also Ticketmaster beating out SallieMae, a company that has boned thousands of college loan recievers, yea this poll tells a tale, and it isnt that EA is the worst company. 

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

EA is an awful company....but in the whole scheme of things they should not have made it out of teh first round.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• JurredJurred Member UncommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by echolynfan

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Originally posted by Greymoor

What games did EA ruin?

Do we really need to name them all? You can start with Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and then we can start listing off all the failed MMO's they started and killed in record time. Earth and Beyond, The Sims Online, Motor City Online, ect.

Don't forget SWTOR

Not to mention all of the great IPs from once gaming giants like Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Virgin Interactive, Bullfrog and well over two dozen other companies that are totally dead now because EA bought them out and shelved their IPs so they wouldn't have the competition in certain genres. Gaming IPs such as Wing Commander, The Lands of Lore, Ultima, Kyrandia and many many more will most likely never see another game made because of EA. They are not Video Game producers... They've killed more games and game IPs then they've created by about a ten to one margin... They are the Grim Reaper of the video game industry.

Bren

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Originally posted by red_cruiser

I know EA sucked, but beating out Bank of America, Monsanto, Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil is something else.

Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil are actually pretty good at giving their customers what they want at a price they're willing to pay.  Some people dislike for political reasons the business practices that they use behind the scenes to do that.  But it's not at all similar to how EA treats their customers.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Originally posted by achesoma

So all these corporations that have far more damaging effects on the world and EA gets voted the worst.  Mind is blown.  I understand people are upset or disappointed about a few video games but it's kind of ridiculous.  My fellow Americans really need to get their priorities straight. 

Usually DDos-attacks or other cyberattacks are used to show how they feel about a company. Guess Anonymous found out they can use their votes aswell!

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

And Madden will continue to toss in mind blowing sales numbers. Gamers can be such hypocrites.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

What games did EA ruin?

Do we really need to name them all? You can start with Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and then we can start listing off all the failed MMO's they started and killed in record time. Earth and Beyond, The Sims Online, Motor City Online, ect.

Anything EA has to do with BioWare has to be put at the blame of BioWare as well as EA.All these die hard BioWare fans still in deniel that BioWare did nothing wrong.

First and foremost they were not forced to join EA,they chose to.Second,when it came to swtor, EA were nothing to do with BioWare choosing the crap hero engine they picked to make swtor,that was BioWare not EA.

Yes EA are bad but BioWare are as much to blame.

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

The true things is that EA doesn't care about consumer wish. It is like movie maker, they make horrible block buster but as long as they do their benefit quota they don't care about quality...

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Quizzical

I know EA sucked, but beating out Bank of America, Monsanto, Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil is something else.

Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil are actually pretty good at giving their customers what they want at a price they're willing to pay.  Some people dislike for political reasons the business practices that they use behind the scenes to do that.  But it's not at all similar to how EA treats their customers.

Exxon-Mobile is not a good comparison. People are willing to pay for gas because (unlike video games) it is a necessity. People need it for the cars to get to work, companies need it to fuel the trucks that move goods from factories to markets. As most people how they feel about the oil companies and you aren't going to get may "I think they are great!" replies....

I think what some people find at fault with this poll's results is that while EA is trully a horrible company, they have not caused the deaths/injuries/financial ruin of  the average joe shmoe like some other companies have (PG&E, Enron, BoA to name a few). 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

EA are shmucks but to call them the Worst Company in America goes to show that those voters rage more over a source of entertainment (gaming, the pastime of champions...) than giving importance to stuff that might really matter.

Gaming is serious business huh? Shallow minded are these people who cant differentiate between a bad company (EA) and truly horrible companies (take your pick).

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374

Company screwing over franchises wins over company that took peoples houses without adequate reason....

Man people are stupid.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

here we go again someone still believe SWTOR has 1.7 mil sub.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

BURN THEM!!

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

I dont like EA at all but imo they haven't ruined BF3... yet.

Hopefully, Dice can hold out and stay semi-independent at least.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

A few internet geeks voting for worste company in an online poll doesn't say much.

Had this been a real poll, EA wouldn't even have made it in the top 10. Most people never even heard of EA.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

This just shows the power of jilted gamers, just look at SWG vets 7 years and they are still bitching, and a sad indictment of he people in this hobby. I'm so glad that most of the people I meet in an MMO are of a much better quality. There are far worse companies out there than a fucking gaming company as the writer alludes to at the start of his piece.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Charas

A few internet geeks voting for worste company in an online poll doesn't say much.

Had this been a real poll, EA wouldn't even have made it in the top 10. Most people never even heard of EA.

Exactly.  All this really says is that most people who responded to the poll were gamers.

And hey, if you're a gamer, and you live in your own little gamer world, you're probably not even aware of most of the travesties committed by oil companies and big banks.  But you are aware that EA ruined your game franchise.

Myopic?  Yes.  But it is what it is.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Connmacart

Originally posted by echolynfan

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

Want to just throw TSW on the pile as well then?

Oh and I don't have any love for EA quite the opposite.

Depends how involved they get monetising it.

• uofa13luofa13l Member Posts: 29

I see a lot of people posting how pathetic it is for EA to "own" this title in comparison to company A, B or C.

Since Exonn and BofA were mentioned the most I would like to ask why anyone thinks that these companies are most deserving of the title. I am not asking for direct comparisons between EA and these two just a staement or two on what practices specifically you hate about these companies that make you dislike them.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by Mike221

Company screwing over franchises wins over company that took peoples houses without adequate reason....

Man people are stupid.

You just have to observe some kids when they have their toys taken away and you'll understand certain gamers.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374

Originally posted by uofa13l

I see a lot of people posting how pathetic it is for EA to "own" this title in comparison to company A, B or C.

Since Exonn and BofA were mentioned the most I would like to ask why anyone thinks that these companies are most deserving of the title. I am not asking for direct comparisons between EA and these two just a staement or two on what practices specifically you hate about these companies that make you dislike them.

...Bank of America foreclosed on peoples houses.  Houses that the people Paid in Full.  They kicked people out of their houses because the bank lost the paperwork.

Hurr hurr, they totes not deserving of the title.