Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA is voted Worst Company in America, Now What?

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-worst-company-in-america-now-what/

"The results of The Consumerist’s “Worst Company in America” bracket are in, and as I predicted, Electronic Arts managed to beat out Bank of America for the title."

There you have it :/

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Must suck to be them. I guess they can always look at big banks and such and say,"Those guys suck".  :OP

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

What games did EA ruin?

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Greymoor
    What games did EA ruin?

Do we really need to name them all? You can start with Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and then we can start listing off all the failed MMO's they started and killed in record time. Earth and Beyond, The Sims Online, Motor City Online, ect.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by Thomas2006

What games did EA ruin?

Do we really need to name them all? You can start with Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and then we can start listing off all the failed MMO's they started and killed in record time. Earth and Beyond, The Sims Online, Motor City Online, ect.

Don't forget SWTOR

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Well I would say companies like Haliburton and Monsantos are far worse, from a moral point of view, but for sure it is the worst SW game company. Easily... even SOE cant get close to them in that regards.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

So all these corporations that have far more damaging effects on the world and EA gets voted the worst.  Mind is blown.  I understand people are upset or disappointed about a few video games but it's kind of ridiculous.  My fellow Americans really need to get their priorities straight. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by echolynfan

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

Want to just throw TSW on the pile as well then?

Oh and I don't have any love for EA quite the opposite.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

I know EA sucked, but beating out Bank of America, Monsanto, Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil is something else.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

This article puts in perspective what's wrong with America.  While i agree that EA must be taken down, there are far bigger fish to fry.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

1.7 million subs does not a fail MMO make.  Just because it isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it failed.  Quite the opposite, actually.

Originally posted by Connmacart

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

Want to just throw TSW on the pile as well then?

Oh and I don't have any love for EA quite the opposite.

Well, EA took the studio that failed on Warhammer, put them to work under the BioWare name, and pretty much ruined KOTOR and Star Wars MMORPG simultaneously.  TSW is made by Funcom, who I have a lot of respect for as game designers-they suck at implementation though.  I've never had any respect for the major players at BioWare Austin.  Thankfully, EA is just publishing TSW, and doesn't actually own Funcom like they own BIoWare.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

What games did EA ruin?

And Syndicate.

But it's not so much about the games they ruined, but the promising developers they gutted and discarded.  The potential for some incredible games that they snuffed out is why I consider them the fucking scourge of the industry. 

Still not as bad as modern banks though, when you broaden your perspective, but I'll save that for letters to the editor of my local newspaper.  In this forum, EA IS the devouring chaos.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

They'll go publish another new game, people will buy it by the jillions, and then they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Bend over, grab your ankles, "Yes Sir, may I please have another"

imageimage

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Biggest victim of EA was Westwood Studios and their Command and Conquer series.

Cant forgive them for that.

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

1.7 million subs does not a fail MMO make.  Just because it isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it failed.  Quite the opposite, actually.

Give it some time, even Warhammer Online was boasting good subscription numbers 3 months after release. For all intent and purposes, SW:TOR is a failed MMORPG. The numbers are just not showing that, yet.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by red_cruiser

I know EA sucked, but beating out Bank of America, Monsanto, Wal-Mart and Exxon-Mobil is something else.

this link shows the poll company choices

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/worst-company-in-america-2012-final-death-match-bank-of-america-vs-ea.html

readers were never asked to make a choice regarding Exxon or Monsanto

I am surprised people disliked EA more than SONY heh

Walmart almost made it to the top but people disliked Bank of America more

the final poll was 2 choices ---  EA or Bank of America for worst company

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Biggest victim of EA was Westwood Studios and their Command and Conquer series.

Cant forgive them for that.

Don't forget Origins with their Ultima and Wing Commander series.

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

Complaining on forums solves nothing. As the guy in the article states: If you want to topple EA, don’t vote in a poll. Vote with your wallet. If your not going to complain with wallet. STFU

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by red_cruiser

this link shows the poll company choices

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/worst-company-in-america-2012-final-death-match-bank-of-america-vs-ea.html

readers were never asked to make a choice regarding Exxon or Monsanto

I am surprised people disliked EA more than SONY heh

Then that would put the credibility of this poll in question. Companies like Haliburton, Exxon, Goldman and Sachs and Monsanto are among the worst companies which has ever existed. Directly or indirectly the cause of ruin or death of countless of people.

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

1.7 million subscriptions is an old number.  Just wait to see what happens to it after players get their hands on Guild Wars 2, Mists of Pandaria, TERA, The Secret World, ArcheAge... etc, etc.  You have to realize also that the extreme costs gone into making SWTOR raises the number needed to make the game a success. 

To me, SWTOR was a boring, uninspired game.  To me, that means it failed.  I don't judge games by the bottom line on a finance report, which is apparently what EA and people like you do, and it results in some bad games and some heinous business practices. 

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I havent boughten anything from EA since Battlefield3 (which shouldve been BadCompany3). They just make more and more eye candy, and less and less real games. Sux for Bioware.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

What games did EA ruin?

Don't forget SWTOR

Not to mention all of the great IPs from once gaming giants like Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Virgin Interactive, Bullfrog and well over two dozen other companies that are totally dead now because EA bought them out and shelved their IPs so they wouldn't have the competition in certain genres. Gaming IPs such as Wing Commander, The Lands of Lore, Ultima, Kyrandia and many many more will most likely never see another game made because of EA. They are not Video Game producers... They've killed more games and game IPs then they've created by about a ten to one margin... They are the Grim Reaper of the video game industry.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

EA  took the fun from my first love UO, ..and my rebound Warhammer. SWToR is just painful seeing how bioware is gonna get the same axe as Mythic. I really hope Bioware just parts company with them.

Will never mess with EA or Sony again..

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

The definition of hypocracy

Disgruntled gamer_01: EA sucks, they are moneygrabbin bastards!! I hope people will start boycotting their games after their latest scheme

2 days later

Disgruntled gamer_01: Oooh!! look!! Medal Of Honor Warfighter is coming soon.... DAY ONE PURCHASE!!! huzzaah!!

------------------------------

Disgruntled gamer_02: Screw Bioware/EA and their day 1 "must have" DLC, plus they completely ruined the ending of ME3

Months later

Disgruntled gamer_02:  Oooh! look!! A DLC that fixes the ending of ME3. I'm still very very angry!!!..... buuuut I'll buy it anyway because I just love the ME3 franchise and I'm a big pussy for not standing by my convictions