Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: UI Customization Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Lead Interface Artist Michael Voigt hosts a tour of the new User Interface customization options coming in the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Update 1.2: Legacy. v1.2 is scheduled to launch later in April. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262

This guy could benefit from a membership to Toastmasters.org........

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

Am i only one  who becomes  disgusted everytime  these jackholes mention "listening to the community feedback".  Like seriously these people  flat out tried to censore ANYTHING that could even be considered not rainbows and  sunshine is trying to tell me they listen to the community? That's the eqivalent of being stabbed in the face while the person stabbing you is trying to convince you hes not stabbing you in the face.  the cake is  a lie 

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

"exciting brand new features"

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Awesome, you can move the UI around the screen now? You can't say that's not innovative.
  • BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by Tenebroso

This guy could benefit from a membership to Toastmasters.org........

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Asamof

LOL, it makes me laugh every time I see this described as an exiciting feature. On Facebook SWTOR has a post about "Are you excited about the UI customization coming in Update 1.2?". It's just silly to think that UI customization, something that should have been in the BETA, is considered by them to be "exciting". I can't say that anything about 1.2 "excites" me. As days go by I feel more and more "meh" about the game which is depressing considering that going into the game I was thinking it was going to be my MMO for years.

Question, would SWTOR have been developed like it is if Bioware had not gotten into bed with EA?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

This kinda basic thing really should have been in at launch. I spent a good couple of minutes trying to work out how to resize / reposition the UI elements when I started playing SWTOR, because it has now become standard to be able to do this. 

Not a gamebreaker, but definately annoying. Kinda suggests the game was rushed to release more than people think. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• VenomaniaVenomania Member Posts: 40

Many of the features in 1.2 feel like they should have been in for launch, so it's difficult to feel as if this is actually new content, or if they are simply trying to catch up. I feel the next few months post patch will tell us a lot about how the game will cope. It will be interesting to see what other UI features they intend to add, I assume player textures colours is one of them? 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Hooray for basic features even the lowest budget MMOs have?

I hear 1.3 is bringing these new things called "quests".

Joined - July 2004

• WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

So this thing is still going huh?

Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Ryukan

LOL, it makes me laugh every time I see this described as an exiciting feature. On Facebook SWTOR has a post about "Are you excited about the UI customization coming in Update 1.2?". It's just silly to think that UI customization, something that should have been in the BETA, is considered by them to be "exciting". I can't say that anything about 1.2 "excites" me. As days go by I feel more and more "meh" about the game which is depressing considering that going into the game I was thinking it was going to be my MMO for years.

Question, would SWTOR have been developed like it is if Bioware had not gotten into bed with EA?

Actually when companies use terms like "exciting new features" and talk how "cool and awesome" said feature is going to be, it strikes me as condecending

Much like commercials talk down to children to convince them they MUST HAVE their new toy.

Because its "exciting and new and cool and awesome"

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• flynn444flynn444 Member UncommonPosts: 67

While I agree UI customization should be a "standard" feature, I've personally not been hampered by SWTOR's lack of it so far, nor do I think many others have either.  For those whom it's been a big deal, well, SWTOR is clearly just not the game for you.  Perhaps it's time to move on and stop dissing a game you don't and won't like?

Originally posted by flynn444

While I agree UI customization should be a "standard" feature, I've personally not been hampered by SWTOR's lack of it so far, nor do I think many others have either.  For those whom it's been a big deal, well, SWTOR is clearly just not the game for you.  Perhaps it's time to move on and stop dissing a game you don't and won't like?

No
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

ROFL @1:34 where he says, "this pre-made layout is a throwback to other MMOs, intended for experienced players."  

So basically the standardized layout, that every MMO gamer has known well and grown accustomed too and used in every MMO since 2004 is for experience players only!?  Good grief...!

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Fascinating. His excitement rubbed off on me and now I'm scrambling to find my SWTOR box.

• dnadestinyxdnadestinyx Member Posts: 22

When UI is considered a "feature..." *sigh*

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

I find it funny that people claim Ui customization is a basic feature of most MMOS when the main MMO with it is Rift. WoW still doesn't have it and forces you to download addons to do it for you. Most MMOs allow you to move your hotbar and thats about it.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Originally posted by RefMinor

Awesome, you can move the UI around the screen now? You can't say that's not innovative.

Oh hey just so you know, GW2 won't have UI customization. Guess that means when they put it in after launch in a patch you can say the exact same thing! :)

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

EQ2 has a very nice ui, especially for healers ;).  I dont "think" they had their ui either when EQ2 first launched

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

They have a trailer for UI customization

Really

REALLY

REALLY?!?!?!

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Jason2444

Really

REALLY

REALLY?!?!?!

And this site is hyping even this.

Article #23003 on TOR....

Give it up already...
    Originally posted by Celcius

Originally posted by RefMinor

Oh hey just so you know, GW2 won't have UI customization. Guess that means when they put it in after launch in a patch you can say the exact same thing! :)

Depends if they announce it with a big fanfare and a chorus then it may deserve my mocking touch.
  • RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Really

REALLY

REALLY?!?!?!

Exactly my thought too when I read it! image

Well, its still an improvement and better late than never, right..? And the dude in the trailer sure seems excited about it too, good for him! image

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Ryukan

no, but if some other developer got there hands on it instead of bw it might actually have been more mmo-ish. IIn due time I suppose, still to early to grade the game. after 9 months imo is the telliing tale of how the game will grow....look at rift ><

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by Burntvet

Really

REALLY

REALLY?!?!?!

And this site is hyping even this. Article #23003 on TOR.... Give it up already...

Yes, it's an indisputable fact that there are never new commers to games of any sort that might appreciate some info. And how dare they show new updates for those who want to watch them. They have no business here, peddling their evil wares!

I say we round up the villagers and chase these conmen outta here!