Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What would it take for you to go back to SWTOR?

135

Comments

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

       Nothing cause i never left, now if they got rid of their story line, voice overs, cut scenes then I would leave.  I will say this though, they need to start working on their space game, who ever heard of Star Wars with a space mini game, I hope by Christmas they are well on their way to fleshing out the space game

  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Madison, WIPosts: 808Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by eddieg50

       Nothing cause i never left, now if they got rid of their story line, voice overs, cut scenes then I would leave.

      This made my day :)

  • SatchoSatcho MontevideoPosts: 33Member Common

    Originally posted by DarkPony

    Pfew ... so many things ...

    - Meaningful world pvp on the actual planets and no overly powerful NPC defenses

    - Reasons for factions to run into eachother instead of being artificially restricted to their own halves of worlds

    - Less emphasis on gear-treadmills

    - Capitals on the planets; scrap the friggin' fleets.

    - Optimization efforts (less lag with many people around, shorter loading screens)

    - Crafting not suddenly tied into instanced content at max level

    - More fun and alternative content in the worlds at max level, instead of a mainly instanced endgame

    - Immersion enhancing stuff: day & night cycles, critters, swimming, etc.

    - Craft and buy other spaceships

    - Free roaming space content

    - Multiplayer spaceship flight and pvp. (Turrets, etc).

     

    Get out of my head! image

    +1 to every single one of those

  • thakursethakurse montreal, QCPosts: 23Member

    PVE :

    From 1 to 50, in each quest, you have to kill mobs, and mobs, and mobs again, I remember my thoughts : "bioware really love trash mobs".  The amount of mobs to kill was impressive for each quest.

    Imperial agents have a good story line... I wish I leveled my character to 50 with only class quest.   But for the Bounty hunter it was very boring.   So how to have interest in dialogue if you are bored?  Dialogues are not good on a long term experience.

    For the rest of the experience, it was like playing WOW but with low FPS, tons of bugs.

    You know the main problem about bugs? : They don't try to fix them.  It has been 2 months without any  patch to fix the bugs.   For a new game, it is a shame because they should be working hard on that 24/7 and at least fix some important bugs every week.

     

    PVP :

    I played as a mercenary for most of my experience, since being a sniper wasn't really RP.  The range is too short, a shame for a sniper.  I know it's MMORPG but well this class is a flop then.  So as a mercenary you don't have a lot of defense.  You are wearing a 300 pounds heavy armor and you look like a lego block, but you can die in 3 knife shots.  Like I said, you don't have a lot of defensive skills so when you get stunned 5 time in a row, you get stunned 5 times in a row.

    And this is the main problem in pvp right now : it's a stun game.  First thing ppl do is to stun because they can do it very often.  So if you have 2 guys on you, you will get stunned until you die.

    PVP is stun or get stunned.   Bump or get bumped.  And if you are lucky you have an immune spell to both of them, then when you use it, you win.  Unfortunatly, mercenaries don't have this immune thing and don't have a counter spell either.  So it is not a viable class in PVP.  You don't wanna play a weak class in pvp, everyone knows that.

    about the RP feeling : As a hero, Huge PVP armor, you can die in like 3 secondes 1v1 against a Scoundrel or an Operative.  Makes you feel like a real bad ass mercenary.

  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by thakurse

    PVE :

    From 1 to 50, in each quest, you have to kill mobs, and mobs, and mobs again, I remember my thoughts : "bioware really love trash mobs".  The amount of mobs to kill was impressive for each quest.

    Imperial agents have a good story line... I wish I leveled my character to 50 with only class quest.   But for the Bounty hunter it was very boring.   So how to have interest in dialogue if you are bored?  Dialogues are not good on a long term experience.

    For the rest of the experience, it was like playing WOW but with low FPS, tons of bugs.

    You know the main problem about bugs? : They don't try to fix them.  It has been 2 months without any  patch to fix the bugs.   For a new game, it is a shame because they should be working hard on that 24/7 and at least fix some important bugs every week.

     

    PVP :

    I played as a mercenary for most of my experience, since being a sniper wasn't really RP.  The range is too short, a shame for a sniper.  I know it's MMORPG but well this class is a flop then.  So as a mercenary you don't have a lot of defense.  You are wearing a 300 pounds heavy armor and you look like a lego block, but you can die in 3 knife shots.  Like I said, you don't have a lot of defensive skills so when you get stunned 5 time in a row, you get stunned 5 times in a row.

    And this is the main problem in pvp right now : it's a stun game.  First thing ppl do is to stun because they can do it very often.  So if you have 2 guys on you, you will get stunned until you die.

    PVP is stun or get stunned.   Bump or get bumped.  And if you are lucky you have an immune spell to both of them, then when you use it, you win.  Unfortunatly, mercenaries don't have this immune thing and don't have a counter spell either.  So it is not a viable class in PVP.  You don't wanna play a weak class in pvp, everyone knows that.

    about the RP feeling : As a hero, Huge PVP armor, you can die in like 3 secondes 1v1 against a Scoundrel or an Operative.  Makes you feel like a real bad ass mercenary.

    OMG YES!

    I mean, I don't find PVP so important, but what really pissed me off every time was the endless stun stun stun stun. Can we maybe all agree that stun is away from PVP? It was the same with DCU arena pvp, also endless stuns. I dunno why any game company would do that. I mean, being in stun, means being forced to stand still and do nothing. That is the very opposite of what PVP should be about. And a you say is my experience too. I hated SWTOR PVP for that.

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • RefMinorRefMinor MyTownPosts: 3,452Member
    If they redid the story so I was the hero that saved the world instead of just one of the multitude of only heroes that save the world.
  • SyllendaleSyllendale Fayetteville, NCPosts: 159Member Uncommon

    Though there are thing I don't really like in the game..(and EVERY game has things  we don't like in it).. I"d say its so far so good, meaning, I never left. I"m having quite abit of fun still in the game. Maybe its my server or what ever but I just get a kick out of being in the game doing the things laid out for me. 

  • raistlinmraistlinm new orleans, LAPosts: 673Member

    Originally posted by Syllendale

    Though there are thing I don't really like in the game..(and EVERY game has things  we don't like in it).. I"d say its so far so good, meaning, I never left. I"m having quite abit of fun still in the game. Maybe its my server or what ever but I just get a kick out of being in the game doing the things laid out for me. 

    +1 Still enjoying the journey and never does a day go by that I don't think of something that I would implement to make the game better but I am still being more drawn into this game by this game than any other mmo before it.  thats to say that while i may have been as hooked in SWG it was certainly not because of what the game offered but the experiences I was getting played with friends.  at this point in my life though I'm over that and would rather a much richer and varied experience that doesnt depend on others to keep me entertained.

  • BootezBootez Yucaipa, CAPosts: 57Member

    Man.... I've wrestled with this. I recently went back to try it and paid the 15 bucks..... I lasted one day and realllllly wish I didn't waste the 15 bucks. 

    Even thought I got a good six hours of gameplay, I still felt like that wasn't worth 15 bucks.

    My issues are this:

    1) When you spend 20 minutes running from NPC to NPC and only are rewarded with a couple bars of XP, you feel tired, bored, and full of general discontent. Usually, a video game is suppose to have action, as well as story. But for me, the story isn't good enough to make up for the lack of action.

    To fix it: They would have to revamp the entire quest system. Remove all "delivery quests" and start again. (This won't happen).

     

    2) The game is so closed and linear, it makes World of Warcraft look like a Sandbox game. And that's VERY hard to do. 

    To fix it: Open the world up. Remove linear quest progression. Make it so that when you reach a certain level, you can move on to other quests without having to complete the quests you are doing. (This won't happen).

     

    3) The game has nothing unique to offer, and unfortunately, I have no idea what they could do to make it unique and entertaining. All games that have passed the test of time have something unique about their system. Not just voice-overs. Something unique about the game play that makes it new, exciting, and fun. 

     

    To fix it: Give us more customization for abilities, more freedom, and come up with a new system. (Unfortunately, I don't see how this could happen without remaking the game).

     

    As you can see... I don't think the game can do anything to make it fun to me. 

  • raistlinmraistlinm new orleans, LAPosts: 673Member

    Originally posted by Bootez

    Man.... I've wrestled with this. I recently went back to try it and paid the 15 bucks..... I lasted one day and realllllly wish I didn't waste the 15 bucks. 

    Even thought I got a good six hours of gameplay, I still felt like that wasn't worth 15 bucks.

    My issues are this:

    1) When you spend 20 minutes running from NPC to NPC and only are rewarded with a couple bars of XP, you feel tired, bored, and full of general discontent. Usually, a video game is suppose to have action, as well as story. But for me, the story isn't good enough to make up for the lack of action.

    To fix it: They would have to revamp the entire quest system. Remove all "delivery quests" and start again. (This won't happen).

     

    2) The game is so closed and linear, it makes World of Warcraft look like a Sandbox game. And that's VERY hard to do. 

    To fix it: Open the world up. Remove linear quest progression. Make it so that when you reach a certain level, you can move on to other quests without having to complete the quests you are doing. (This won't happen).

     

    3) The game has nothing unique to offer, and unfortunately, I have no idea what they could do to make it unique and entertaining. All games that have passed the test of time have something unique about their system. Not just voice-overs. Something unique about the game play that makes it new, exciting, and fun. 

     

    To fix it: Give us more customization for abilities, more freedom, and come up with a new system. (Unfortunately, I don't see how this could happen without remaking the game).

     

    As you can see... I don't think the game can do anything to make it fun to me. 

    Oddly enough I've heard a few complaints about folks leveling beyond the quests with alternate activities I think maybe you just aren't interested in any of it *shrugs*.

    the only thing I think they are missing is the fact that there should be atleast two levelling paths open after the starter worlds maybe that's what people mean by "linear" feel to questing because the worlds are huge open explorable and I've never found myself running back and forth for only two quests most areas there have been atleast four or five to complete before heading back in but still if at level 20 beyond there was nore than just the same path of taris,nar shadda,tattoine,alderaan that would help.

  • needalife214needalife214 Moorpark, CAPosts: 1,128Member

    1) the options of removing the world quests cutscenes.so i can just walk up to an NPC and grab the quest.

    2) ablilty to customize the ships.

    3) ability of have player created space missions

    4) expand the talent-trees

    5) removal of all stats from holocrons

    6) add new races that are not part of the legacy system

    7) removal of the legacy system 

    8) removal of PvP stat from gear

    9) fix Illum 

    10) start over

     

    *1-9 may be done with out 10, but 10 would be the best bet.

    this post is 100% honest

    image

  • BootezBootez Yucaipa, CAPosts: 57Member

    Originally posted by raistlinm

    Originally posted by Bootez

    Man.... I've wrestled with this. I recently went back to try it and paid the 15 bucks..... I lasted one day and realllllly wish I didn't waste the 15 bucks. 

    Even thought I got a good six hours of gameplay, I still felt like that wasn't worth 15 bucks.

    My issues are this:

    1) When you spend 20 minutes running from NPC to NPC and only are rewarded with a couple bars of XP, you feel tired, bored, and full of general discontent. Usually, a video game is suppose to have action, as well as story. But for me, the story isn't good enough to make up for the lack of action.

    To fix it: They would have to revamp the entire quest system. Remove all "delivery quests" and start again. (This won't happen).

     

    2) The game is so closed and linear, it makes World of Warcraft look like a Sandbox game. And that's VERY hard to do. 

    To fix it: Open the world up. Remove linear quest progression. Make it so that when you reach a certain level, you can move on to other quests without having to complete the quests you are doing. (This won't happen).

     

    3) The game has nothing unique to offer, and unfortunately, I have no idea what they could do to make it unique and entertaining. All games that have passed the test of time have something unique about their system. Not just voice-overs. Something unique about the game play that makes it new, exciting, and fun. 

     

    To fix it: Give us more customization for abilities, more freedom, and come up with a new system. (Unfortunately, I don't see how this could happen without remaking the game).

     

    As you can see... I don't think the game can do anything to make it fun to me. 

    Oddly enough I've heard a few complaints about folks leveling beyond the quests with alternate activities I think maybe you just aren't interested in any of it *shrugs*.

    the only thing I think they are missing is the fact that there should be atleast two levelling paths open after the starter worlds maybe that's what people mean by "linear" feel to questing because the worlds are huge open explorable and I've never found myself running back and forth for only two quests most areas there have been atleast four or five to complete before heading back in but still if at level 20 beyond there was nore than just the same path of taris,nar shadda,tattoine,alderaan that would help.

    You can level passed the quests, but once you do, you have to return to them because the game pigeon holes you into a single questline. Yea, you can skip the side quests (some, since you can't delete certain ones), but overall I agree with your post on creating a few separate leveling paths. It could make for a more dynamic game. 

    The issue I see, is that with their current questing model, they would have to rewrite most of their storyline. I wonder if Bioware would, or even could, do something like that.

  • Twisted77Twisted77 Bear, DEPosts: 75Member
    To go back? Nothing feasible in the next 6 months (or ever).

    Guild vs guild (eg guilds construct space outposts that can be sieged by any faction).

    Illum revamped (see gw2)

    Sub factions (maybe my "republic" smuggler would like to join a shady underground pirate group). Everything is black and white in this game.

    Wars that occur in space- massive ship battles (pvp). Tie fighter.

    Zones that dont instance every dozen or so players... so lonely questing.

    Public quests

    Blizzard is probably laughing their arses off, especially when they had peeps playing in swtor beta.

    The game is just so lifeless and shallow.

  • TimzillaTimzilla Ramona, CAPosts: 437Member

    When they patch in the Cylon race.

  • The game is just really shallow on almost every level.  It would be fine is in a holistic way the various mechanics and aspects of the game were even a slight bit deeper.  But they aren't.

    I would even trade some feature if other stuff wasn't so shallow.  Unfortunately I think it was intentionally made shallow not done due to time contraints.

    So I can't even one feature or list.  Its just the overall attitude of the game the shallowness makes it real boring.

  • fadisfadis funkg, GAPosts: 469Member

    If they put ads into the game and paid me $5/hr... I'd probably play.

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Calgary, ABPosts: 2,156Member

    On my first toon as main (juggernaut), I did everything; planet storyline, class storyline, side quests and bonus series and occasional warzone queues in between. On my second toon I skipped planet storyline and only did class storyline and pvp, side quests once in a while to finish off the remaining xp for a level. In 1.2 they're reducing xp gain from warzones and 0 credit earned, those that pvp while levelling up will have money issues and will have to Belsavis/Ilum/Corellia dalies to fund their alts. Class story and planet story are the only ones that cannot be dropped, if you don't want to do the planet storyline, don't converse with the NPC that's in the orbit station or spaceport.


    Blizzard said in an interview not long ago that they felt an impact of subscription loss to SWTOR but I don't think it was that significant, SWTOR may have sold 1.7-2 million copies, and may have a sustained subscription count above 1 million but they don't have the experience to maintain that in the long run, some of their class balancing are so far off that they're doing it wrong- though I think it's mostly Georg Zoeller, which IMO has a terrible vision at this game's balance, Ericson and Gabe aren't that much better.

    image
    image

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by raistlinm

    Originally posted by Syllendale

    Though there are thing I don't really like in the game..(and EVERY game has things  we don't like in it).. I"d say its so far so good, meaning, I never left. I"m having quite abit of fun still in the game. Maybe its my server or what ever but I just get a kick out of being in the game doing the things laid out for me. 

    +1 Still enjoying the journey and never does a day go by that I don't think of something that I would implement to make the game better but I am still being more drawn into this game by this game than any other mmo before it.  thats to say that while i may have been as hooked in SWG it was certainly not because of what the game offered but the experiences I was getting played with friends.  at this point in my life though I'm over that and would rather a much richer and varied experience that doesnt depend on others to keep me entertained.

       Yes I agree, I dont think there is a player alive that has said their mmo was perfect, everyone has suggestions on how to improve the mmo they are playing, for me swtor does a few things really well and I cannot think of another mmo that does with the possible exception of Vanguard and Shadowbane when it was alive

  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Dallas, TXPosts: 954Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by DarkPony

    Pfew ... so many things ...

    - Meaningful world pvp on the actual planets and no overly powerful NPC defenses

    - Reasons for factions to run into eachother instead of being artificially restricted to their own halves of worlds

    - Less emphasis on gear-treadmills

    - Capitals on the planets; scrap the friggin' fleets.

    - Optimization efforts (less lag with many people around, shorter loading screens)

    - Crafting not suddenly tied into instanced content at max level

    - More fun and alternative content in the worlds at max level, instead of a mainly instanced endgame

    - Immersion enhancing stuff: day & night cycles, critters, swimming, etc.

    - Craft and buy other spaceships

    - Free roaming space content

    - Multiplayer spaceship flight and pvp. (Turrets, etc).

     

    I'm already playing, but it'd help me not to cancel my sub if these features were included in the game. Also, guild capitol ships that can be involved in some fashion of instanced PvP. Bring it.

    "This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Boring, TXPosts: 1,172Member Uncommon

    A combat system worthy of a Jedi or Sith.

  • Rollcage8Rollcage8 SydneyPosts: 63Member

    I have found star wars to be one of the better games released as far as MMORPGs go, sure it was full of problems, but largely they didn't bother me.

    However I purchased to game with zero expectations as I hardly knew anything about the game during development.

    To keep me playing longer (as I'm still currently subbed) they would need to introduce more and better story for my characters to follow. They would also need to create something new and different with repeatable gamplay, perhaps the new ship related combat/exploration would fill that need.

    Otherwise I'll probably sub back when new story for my character is made available, but PVP/Raids and gear tread mills are not going to keep me in the world of star wars.

  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Dallas, TXPosts: 954Member Uncommon

    I was also just thinking that it'd be great if, instead of having to log out in a cantina to gain rested experience, there were actually activities or games that could be played in cantinas that would actually keep me interested in playing, instead of just logging out. Multiplayer Pazaak, or Sabaac, with credits would be totally awesome.

     

    Also, they need to change force alignment so that the only thing it effects isn't just NPC unlocks, but actually has direct relation to your characters abilities and how they use them. For reference, I'll point you in the direction of KOTOR 1 and 2. All force powers were either categorized as light, dark, or neutral. If your character had a high lightside score, lightside powers would cast at far less requirements, if your character had a high darkside score, darkside powers would cast at far less requirements. Not only would this give neutral characters or players a reason to exist, it would give players the choice to use darkside or lightside powers, even if their character score was inverse the powers categorization, and ultimately allow us to do with greater ease what they're attempting to implement with the Legacy systems ability transfer.

    "This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

  • TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Caucasian/WhitePosts: 312Member

    Originally posted by sookster54

    .. if you don't want to do the planet storyline, don't converse with the NPC that's in the orbit station or spaceport.

     

    I did avoid this guy, but I think they want to push the planet story line, so you can pick it up from more than one npc like an STD. And you can't get rid of it. I know on some planets, the same planetary quests are on different npcs set up like a booby trap, so it's hard to avoid them if you talk to anybody at all.

     

    That was one thing that almost set off my enrage timer. I understand that the main class story line will be mandatory in this game, but I don't see why the planet story lines get forced on you.

  • WrenderWrender Conway, ARPosts: 1,386Member

    Make it so I can control my companions abilities manually and drag thier skill icons to main quickslots and activate them as if they were my own skills.

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Calgary, ABPosts: 2,156Member


    Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

    Originally posted by sookster54
    .. if you don't want to do the planet storyline, don't converse with the NPC that's in the orbit station or spaceport.
     
    I did avoid this guy, but I think they want to push the planet story line, so you can pick it up from more than one npc like an STD. And you can't get rid of it. I know on some planets, the same planetary quests are on different npcs set up like a booby trap, so it's hard to avoid them if you talk to anybody at all.
     
    That was one thing that almost set off my enrage timer. I understand that the main class story line will be mandatory in this game, but I don't see why the planet story lines get forced on you.


    Yes, on Nar Shadda there are like 3 NPCs that do that to you, my high level merc still had undroppable quests from Nar shadda and when I went back there to check the global GTN I figured I'd go do it, and it was very time consuming.

    image
    image

Sign In or Register to comment.