Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wish Guild Wars 2 had a horde mode...

AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

You know, a survival mode, would get harder and harder as it went along.  Throwing different and unique enemies with the occasional boss wave...

Uhh... what?

Comments

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Uhh...They have something like that as a dynamic event in the mid level charr area.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Tell me one trile A MMO that let you make a character and after 10min ingame you can be fighting for your life in huge dynamic event try killing a boss TELL ME?

Plus why do you think this game will not be challenge?

Your idea apply more for a hack and slash game then a mmo btw.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

For me the only mmo that gave something similar was Uo, because it was in 2d and they could pack hundreds of mobs in a dungeon corridor, something mmo have lost with the 3d engines. I wish we could get this back at some point.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by grimm6th

Uhh...They have something like that as a dynamic event in the mid level charr area.

Yeah, think I saw the vid for it...I would just more of a instanced version of it.  Much like a dungeon that kept track of scores etc for players to compete with.  Also only allowing a certain amount of players would make you use strategies, which class combo would be best etc...

Uhh... what?

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by Classicstar

Tell me one trile A MMO that let you make a character and after 10min ingame you can be fighting for your life in huge dynamic event try killing a boss TELL ME?

Plus why do you think this game will not be challenge?

Your idea apply more for a hack and slash game then a mmo btw.

Never said it wouldn't be challenging....this is just a more challenging content.

And how does it relate more to a hack and slash, if anything I would say a FPS.

Uhh... what?

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Like the challenge missions in GW1?

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

red more gooby

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I think its a great idea, it will give the PvE folks, and groups of friends/family, something to go after.

You could have a rare drop, something cosmetic of course, but something not available in the CS.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Like the challenge missions in GW1?

This is the first thing I thought of as well.  http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Challenge_Mission

I didn't even realize there were 9 different ones, lol.  I've only done 2 of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do something like this at some point in GW2, just not making it a priority for initial release.

Keep hope alive, Auzy.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

With the downed state it could be like Left4Dead or something.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Sounds fun. Could be used for one of the minigames or a dungeon somewhere. Why not post it as suggestion on one of the fansites?

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

I'd prefer an alliance mode.  

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

I'd prefer an alliance mode.  

Yeah, both actually. Sounds like some test that Charr or Norn would use for their warriors, to test someone's individual skill. But could also be used as co op challenge for some dungeon yes.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

They could easily do something like this as a minigame in Hoelbrak or the Black Citadel.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss