Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pre-Ordered....

PieRadPieRad Odense MPosts: 1,108Member

I jumped!

I have paid 50 bucks for games before that I found out wasn't for me anyway, it's no different than paying 50 bucks for playstation- or Xbox360 games, if notihng else, I'll get a months worth of entertainment.

As for all the extra stuff, I'm not that worried, I didn't pick any of it, usually the in-game items you get for paying extra isn't as good as you think, the xp boosts are usually time limited, the items are only good for the first week, after which you'll replace them with stuff you find in game.

Aion comes to mind, only thing useful at max lvl was the pre-order wings, which could fly a bit longer than the regular ones.

It had xp boosts, amulets, ear rings, and much more, but all of it was #¤$!

Character slots? no thanks... 3 chars who can do it all is fine for me.

Name reservations? no thanks, if I can't get my name I'll find another.

Lifetime sub? never... You gotta be pretty damn sure you'll play it for a loooong time, to jump on that boat.

Cosmetic cash shop..  debateable, RP'ers might find that annoying, but for me personally, better than P2W.

I'm looking forward to try this game, mostly because of the puzzle like nature of the game, but also the setting, very different from what we have seen so far.

Anyone else take the plunge? :P

Comments

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

Originally posted by PieRad
    I jumped!
    I have paid 50 bucks for games before that I found out wasn't for me anyway, it's no different than paying 50 bucks for playstation- or Xbox360 games, if notihng else, I'll get a months worth of entertainment.
    As for all the extra stuff, I'm not that worried, I didn't pick any of it, usually the in-game items you get for paying extra isn't as good as you think, the xp boosts are usually time limited, the items are only good for the first week, after which you'll replace them with stuff you find in game.
    Aion comes to mind, only thing useful at max lvl was the pre-order wings, which could fly a bit longer than the regular ones.

Lifetime sub? never... You gotta be pretty damn sure you'll play it for a loooong time, to jump on that boat.
    Cosmetic cash shop..  debateable, RP'ers might find that annoying, but for me personally, better than P2W.

I'm looking forward to try this game, mostly because of the puzzle like nature of the game, but also the setting, very different from what we have seen so far.

Yes. I bought the standard game.
    Will possibly by the Grand Master Pack(lifetime sub) pending my experience in beta.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• sschruppsschrupp Cedar Rapids, IAPosts: 386Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by PieRad

I jumped!

Yes. I bought the standard game.

Will possibly by the Grand Master Pack(lifetime sub) pending my experience in beta.

Ditto. I most likely will get the lifetime sub, but if they're giving me the option on holding off on buying that until later I'm going to take advantage of it. Just in case. ;)

Insert random misqoute here

• PieRadPieRad Odense MPosts: 1,108Member

Hmm, seems like a lot of people are ready to pay those 200 bucks on top of box price for "life", not based on you 2 alone, but from what I've seen on Official forum too.

But atleast you guys will wait until you tried the game... :P

Read something else that's very interesting, there is 3 packs right... (these prices get's added on top of box price)

Initiate - 15 euro -

starter weapons, faction leather jacket, and a pet (Raven)...

Master - 60 euro -

30 days additional game time, 1 additional character slot, 1 additional name reserve, 7 talismans to gear you up from the get go (1 talisman for each character gear slot), experience potions, and 10% discount in cash shop on everything for life.

Grand Master- 200 euro -

everything that is in the 60euro Master pack, lifetime sub, and a snake skin jacket.

But here's the kicker, even if you buy the game AND the master pack, you still won't get the stuff in the 15euro pack.

so to get everything you'd have to give

The game = 50eu

Grand Master = 200eu

Initiate = 15eu

Total = 265 euro!

Another thing I noticed is that I paid 50usd for the game, and could have paid for any of the packs in USD too, but now that I have pre-ordered and my account is created, all the packs are now in Euro, and they cost same amount..

There's a big difference in 200 USD and 200 Euro...

But, as I said earlier, I won't buy any of it, all I want is the game.. :)

• nikki9786nikki9786 LA, CAPosts: 15Member

Theres a lifetime sub?  So getting it.

• CamthylionCamthylion Fairmont, WVPosts: 218Member Uncommon

I wouldn't... while I plan to try the game, it like AoC will be F2P soon enough.  I bet F2P will come for TSW players in 5 months or less.

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Camthylion
    I wouldn't... while I plan to try the game, it like AoC will be F2P soon enough.  I bet F2P will come for TSW players in 5 months or less.

Even if that does happen I will still get perks, Probably monthy allocated funcom points along with my stated 10% off everything in store.

(If i chose the lifetime sub of course...)

Does the $200 seem worth it in this case? probably not. Then again how much would it save me if i chose to buy lots from the store?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

Even if that does happen I will still get perks, Probably monthy allocated funcom points along with my stated 10% off everything in store.

Does the $200 seem worth it in this case? probably not. Then again how much would it save me if i chose to buy lots from the store?

Don't take this as me trying to change your mind, if you find value in the lifetime sub, then go for it.

Judging by my experience with MMOs and lifetime subs, the only game that offered a lifetime sub which was actually worth it was Lord of the Rings Online as it has a crap load of content. The rest, not so much. I mean, is a lifetime sub worth it if the game keeps your interest for a month or two?

I'm not saying that TSW is lacking in content, as I have no way of knowing, just not sure if the lifetime is a good way to go. Especially if the game will probably go F2P in a year or two.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuPosts: 1,187Member Uncommon

Originally posted by heartless

Don't take this as me trying to change your mind, if you find value in the lifetime sub, then go for it.

Judging by my experience with MMOs and lifetime subs, the only game that offered a lifetime sub which was actually worth it was Lord of the Rings Online as it has a crap load of content. The rest, not so much. I mean, is a lifetime sub worth it if the game keeps your interest for a month or two?

I'm not saying that TSW is lacking in content, as I have no way of knowing, just not sure if the lifetime is a good way to go. Especially if the game will probably go F2P in a year or two.

Lifetime subs are always a gamble. Once the game is launched you actually get less value for the lifetime subscription since the game starts to age the day it's released. In this case the lifetime sub is a very risky investment since most of us haven't played the game and it's really shaky what funcom actually has created so far. If one were to buy the lifetime just for value/monetary gain I'd say it's not worth it. On the other hand if you have followed the game for awhile and have faith in it, then by all means support Funcom some more :j

• FeydawayFeydaway Brea, CAPosts: 122Member

Are we able to wait and buy any/none of the extras at a later date?  I'll gladly pre-order to give this game a shot...but, I don't want to even THINK about shelling out more than the standard cost until I get some hands-on.  Does anyone know if waiting is an option?

• ElderRatElderRat Syracuse, NYPosts: 899Member

Can I ask a favor from you guys who pre-ordered? If the game is horrible at launch could you please refrain from making 1k threads about how you were cheated, robbed, or otherwise taken advantage of.  Pre-ordering a game is like buying something in a store - they put it in a bag without you seeing it until you get home and it may or may not be worth how much you paid the store.  The fault is yours for not seeing what you are getting prior to paying for it. Just my opinion, but if the game is no good you funded it without seeing what it actually is.  It is a gamble I am not willing to take.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Neverneverland, TNPosts: 877Member

Originally posted by ElderRat

Can I ask a favor from you guys who pre-ordered? If the game is horrible at launch could you please refrain from making 1k threads about how you were cheated, robbed, or otherwise taken advantage of.  Pre-ordering a game is like buying something in a store - they put it in a bag without you seeing it until you get home and it may or may not be worth how much you paid the store.  The fault is yours for not seeing what you are getting prior to paying for it. Just my opinion, but if the game is no good you funded it without seeing what it actually is.  It is a gamble I am not willing to take.

Blasphemy

• DomenicusDomenicus sampaPosts: 290Member Uncommon

No. Why do you think we do pre-order from Funcom if we cant complain? What would be the point?!?!? I want to QQ a lot!!! Nothing beats forum pvp nowdays... And Funcom is a sure ticket for that!!! Its like we are queing for a battleground, you know?

Originally posted by Feydaway

Are we able to wait and buy any/none of the extras at a later date?  I'll gladly pre-order to give this game a shot...but, I don't want to even THINK about shelling out more than the standard cost until I get some hands-on.  Does anyone know if waiting is an option?

They have confirmed that the packages including lifetime will stay after launch. No exact information how long.

I'll take you on this, if you allow me to rub it in your face if the gamble actually pays off ;)

• ElderRatElderRat Syracuse, NYPosts: 899Member

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

I'll take you on this, if you allow me to rub it in your face if the gamble actually pays off ;)

If your gamble pays off then I  win without gambling and then can invest in the game.. if the gamble doesn't pay off I win because I didn't buy a game that I won't want to play. Win/win.  So rub away but You took the gamble for me, lol.

Currently bored with MMO's.

This discussion has been closed.