Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For some reason Game of Thrones has me itching for GW2 release

IGBTIGBT Member Posts: 21

That show is wtfpwn awesome.  Where else on tv can you see a horse have it's head chopped off with a sword.

I want to be sent to the wall in GW2 to defend the realm.  I am ready to take the black.

Comments

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    The books are even better :)
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    There is a GoT MMO in the works
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

GoT actually made me anxious about Skyrim last year.  What's strange is The Walking Dead makes me want to play GW2...I know, seemingly a total disconnect right?  Well, the season just ended for TWD and the next best thing I have to look forward to now is GW2. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I know right.....OMG.....I was watching Real House Wives Mississippi and had the overwhelming urge to play GW2.

But seriously, GoT is awesome and I really hope the suppossed GoT MMO is being developed seriously by a talented crew.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by IGBT

That show is wtfpwn awesome.  Where else on tv can you see a horse have it's head chopped off with a sword.

I want to be sent to the wall in GW2 to defend the realm.  I am ready to take the black.

plenty of chopoff heads from Spartacus

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

The guild I was working on setting up (see below) was actually sort of inspired by it :) thematically anyway... even used the music from the opening titles: http://crusaders-of-tyria.guildlaunch.com/

Great series - can't wait to watch Season 2.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by Lucrecia

GoT actually made me anxious about Skyrim last year.  What's strange is The Walking Dead makes me want to play GW2...I know, seemingly a total disconnect right?  Well, the season just ended for TWD and the next best thing I have to look forward to now is GW2. 

thats makes no sense consider TSW is pretty much like The Walking Dead.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Originally posted by DeaconX

The guild I was working on setting up (see below) was actually sort of inspired by it :) thematically anyway... even used the music from the opening titles: http://crusaders-of-tyria.guildlaunch.com/

Where are you dude? Season 2 episode one 'north remembers' already aired on 1st April.

• IGBTIGBT Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Ankur

Where are you dude? Season 2 episode one 'north remembers' already aired on 1st April.

Indeed.  I liked the disclaimer at the end of the episode:

"No babies were actually harmed during the making of this film.....much"

Originally posted by Games888

*SNIP*

thats makes no sense consider TSW is pretty much like The Walking Dead.

Dr Who makes me want to play TSW.  XD

Originally posted by RefMinor

I didnt know about the GoT MMO so I looked it up.  I think I went from Excited/Interested to Dissapointed/Pissed off in record time.

1)  Browser Based

2)  F2P

3)  Made from the same crew who made the smash hit "The Mummy Online"

Originally posted by Maephisto

I didnt know about the GoT MMO so I looked it up.  I think I went from Excited/Interested to Dissapointed/Pissed off in record time.

1)  Browser Based

2)  F2P

3)  Made from the same crew who made the smash hit "The Mummy Online"

Apologies for not warning you.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Was struggling in bed with a crazy bad fever :/

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

What's strange is The Walking Dead makes me want to play GW2...I know, seemingly a total disconnect right?

Maybe it's because that show is so god aweful your brain screams for some form of pleasurable entertainment and unfortunately that, GW2, just isn't available yet. ;)

IMHO of course. I cant stand that show lol.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Was struggling in bed with a crazy bad fever :/

HBO Go ftw bro. S02E01 was 'awesome'. Gray Wind looked baddass!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Fion

What's strange is The Walking Dead makes me want to play GW2...I know, seemingly a total disconnect right?

Maybe it's because that show is so god aweful your brain screams for some form of pleasurable entertainment and unfortunately that, GW2, just isn't available yet. ;)

IMHO of course. I cant stand that show lol.

I mostly like The Walking Dead but only when there are zombies around. The drama episodes piss me off to no end.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

browser mmo

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by andre369

browser mmo

I don't mind that, browsers are getting reasonable, I am more concerned about the involvement of Bigpoint, I will definitely check it out though as it is a GoT based sandbox where you can start your own minor house.

To throw such great material that is GoT and doom it to the hells of F2P browser MMO's is ....... is .........f'ing unacceptable.  What a waste.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

To throw such great material that is GoT and doom it to the hells of F2P browser MMO's is ....... is .........f'ing unacceptable.  What a waste.

A Song of Ice and Fire is something that can never really be translated correctly into an MMO. Not everything has to be a game and this is one of those that should not be made into one.

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

I will definitely be making a Ranger and becoming part of the Order of the Whispers and headed up north to fight the minions of Jormag, pretty much living out the life of Jon Snow ;)

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

There are actually a lot of references to "A Song of Fire and Ice" books in Guild Wars lore.

There is the Jade Sea and The Wall. There is an NPC called "The Master of Whispers" who joins your team. There is a quest in the original GW that sends you to venture beyong The Wall and locate a missing ranger named Ben Wolfson. There is a skill called "Storm of Swords." The Order of Sunspears and a "Lightbringer" title.

Those are just some I can think of.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Mavacar

The books are even better :)

season 1.. not really its basically the same. So far from 1 episode that may be true for season 2 though. I don't like how much they have skipped already when they did such a thurough job of season 1/book 1.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by DJJazzy

A Song of Ice and Fire is something that can never really be translated correctly into an MMO. Not everything has to be a game and this is one of those that should not be made into one.

I don't think I have ever agreed with you Djjazzy BUT! I do here 

• pmreeb23pmreeb23 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Just fyi Season 2 Episode 2 is already leaked you can watch it on the internet.