Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Pre-Orders & Beta Weekends

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Secret World is now available for pre-orders according to an announcement on the official site. In addition, Funcom has announced that those who pre-order TSW will automatically be granted beta access to the game that is slated to begin on May 11th. The Secret World will run $49.99 USD.

Other pre-order bonuses include:

• Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch

• (If you pre-order you get at least one day (24 hours) of early access. Depending on availability you get up to four days. The availability is settled on a first come, first serve basis.)

• An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression

• An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design

• A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat

• A head start on character naming before the game launches

Check out all of the details on The Secret World pre-order on the official site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

The prices for extra char slots, and addon packages, combined with this game already costing 50 euro, and having an ingame item shop, its just too much.

Funcom you have overplayed your cards here, and I for one will not be supporting you.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Subscription hahhhaa.These guys are ruthless.

• BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145

Originally posted by Velera

The prices for extra char slots, and addon packages, combined with this game already costing 50 euro, and having an ingame item shop, its just too much.

Funcom you have overplayed your cards here, and I for one will not be supporting you.

But but...you get a powerful cat as a companion...how can you not preorder? :P

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    @ Valera - your mixing up games. None of what you write refers to tsw

Originally posted by Nethriil

@ Valera - your mixing up games. None of what you write refers to tsw

All of what I wrote is on their preorder page, it takes 1 click for you to check it, yet you decided to write an uninformed post.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I dont think that you need the extra character slots, after all one character can learn all skills.

Your retail game includes 3 character slots. Your pre-order includes 1 name reservation. You can purchase additional ones below

Purchase additional character slots (EUR 9.99)

Purchase additional name reservations (EUR 9.99)

The Master Pack Buy Now (EUR 59.99)

The Initiate Pack Buy Now (EUR 14.99)

So how about you just read things before posting next time?

@ Valera , where is prices for extra char slot and addon packages?
    Cash shop is purely vanity. So no need to buy.

@ Valera , where is prices for extra char slot and addon packages?

Cash shop is purely vanity. So no need to buy.

Sigh... they are on the preorder page, and i just posted them in my previous post.

Click the Pre-order Now button, and VIOLA the information appears.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Your retail game includes 3 character slots. Your pre-order includes 1 name reservation. You can purchase additional ones below

you get 3 character slots as standard, why would you need more than 3 characters for this game?

@ Valera - u Are miss informing. You only need to buy the euro 49.99. Rest is optional.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

think your missing the point..all the above are choice..you dont have to purchase..not to mention why would anyone need 3 or 4 slots when one char does all.the cost of the game is about the same if not cheaper than GW2 allbeit gw2 has no sub..if you dont want to play then dont play.last time i checked wow were charging £15 for a char slot..may have changed though.the lifetime sub is reasonable..only thing that knocks me off atm is lack of info about the game.

Also funcom are notorious for charging a bit more,i'll give you that..but it all boils down to choice..its not madatory,so i dont see what the problem is.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

So, when are they going to release the CE information?

There will be a CE, right?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

looks like they have a lifetime sup for $200 on there. that's kind of cool I guess.

• ShainnaShainna Member UncommonPosts: 58

Animations seems to clunky for my taste, and the only thing remotely interesting is the no classes part. And i still don't know how bad, or good, the story is (or how repetitive).

Therefore, I'll try it when it's f2p.

@ Valera - u Are miss informing. You only need to buy the euro 49.99. Rest is optional.

First off its Velera, 2nd i never said it was not optional, and im not misinforming anyone, I am stating my oppinion about how the pre-order works.

Learn the difference between mis-information and personal oppinions please.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

EA + Funcom

Lifetime subscription

Hmmmm.....

Originally posted by kevjards

think your missing the point..all the above are choice..you dont have to purchase..not to mention why would anyone need 3 or 4 slots when one char does all.the cost of the game is about the same if not cheaper than GW2 allbeit gw2 has no sub..if you dont want to play then dont play.last time i checked wow were charging £15 for a char slot..may have changed though.the lifetime sub is reasonable..only thing that knocks me off atm is lack of info about the game.

Also funcom are notorious for charging a bit more,i'll give you that..but it all boils down to choice..its not madatory,so i dont see what the problem is.

Oh I agree that its 100% optional, and that you can just pay the normal price for the game and play it, and thats fair, my issue with this is that for a subscription based game they are throwing way too much fluff and fill out there, and it looks to me as the staging grounds for a fast conversion to F2P once they have gotten their development costs covered.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Buddy of mine is planning to pre-order, play test and if he doen't like it he'll cancel his pre-order.  I'll wait to see what he says first... as much as I am interested in TSW I have very little free time right now so... I'll wait to hear good word before I even think about spending time with the game.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Florence95Florence95 Member Posts: 6

I think the post is very important!

@ Velera - read your first post again then. Maybe edit it to what you post further down

@ Velera - read your first post again then. Maybe edit it to what you post further down

No my first post is fine, it stated very well my feelings towards their pre-order program, and it doesn't say that its mandatory.

• moravamorava Member UncommonPosts: 31

Does basic preorder give us 30 days of game time or  we have to buy master pack for it ?

• SeafortSeafort Member UncommonPosts: 27

I wonder what else is on the cash shop as two of the options have experience boost potions.

Pretty expensive MMO really considering u pay £40 + whatever else you want to add as well as a sub each month and a cash shop.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Just the fact they offer "lifetime subscription" is worrysome...but then I saw so many things that can not be unseen.

This makes me sad, the regular game doesn't even seem to come with 30 days free. :(

Funcom, what are you doing?