Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: 'Microtransactions Should Unite the Community'

15678911»

Comments

• NightkinNightkin Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by Dookz

They aren't yet ready to talk specifics on what will be and what will not be on sale until they are sure. So long as it does not affect PVP then its okay because that is the only area where you'd be competing with players. The coop mechanics in PVE do not exactly make you clash and compete against other players unlike other MMOs where there are issues like kill stealing.

Yes. Until micro not affects pvp it's not P2W. Who the hell cares about pve?:D

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by McMoneybags

They're trying to ease people into the era of capitalism in gaming. RMTs are the way of the future, and soon your purchasing power will be the main factor in your in-game progress. I, for one, welcome this change as many people (such as myself) have  more important things to do than sit in front of a computer all day.

What a bunch of nonsense and a poor attempt at defending cash shops, hehe.

If you don't like your hobby, you find a new one that you find your time spent there worthwhile, instead of trying to look for shortcuts. It's like you tell us you like mountain climbing, but hey, you got more important things than climb all day, so you take a helicopter and cover the distance short of 100meters from the top.

• LakvarLakvar Member Posts: 4

Oh for the love of all that is holy in gaming, do most of you even have an idea of what is in that cash shop currently and how it affects the gameplay, the same gameplay that is times more rewarding than any MMO of recent history? It's negligible!

You can get to 80 faster, you can run faster, you could be colourful and have funky city clothes and repair on the spot and access your bank without going back to a capital ...

ALL THE FUNCTIONALITY of a game like WoW or RIFT or any other like them appears to be already IN GUILD WARS 2 OUT OF THE BOX. Your progress and experience would be the same as in those game, were it not for the fact (yes, fact) that GW2 is a much more rewarding gameplay experience. 

Here's a bottomline: The kids who started with EQ, GW and, most 'massively', WoW, are old farts now (in or almost in their 30s), have families and grown-up jobs, have less time and more income. Where you could put in a 12-14 hour grind saturday in the past, now you could maybe do 3-4, on a good week. And if for the cost of few beers you could gain an extra hour of gameplay where you are not running to and fro to repair and order your vault, more power to you and to the microtransaction system.

Wait to see what makes it IN before you bash it and you better hope people pay if you want ANET to stay afloat and keep your game alive. 

The only worry is buying guild influence. All else is fluff and convinience and all is equal in PvP. 

• AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79

Microtransactions ruin any game for me, especially if they give you +bonus stats, and it's not a social item.

Obviously they plan on making less expansions for GW2, and relying more on microtransactions.

"It will unite the community because everyone will be wearing microtransaction items! BWUAHAHAH". - Anet

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by Athea

Microtransactions ruin any game for me, especially if they give you +bonus stats, and it's not a social item.

Obviously they plan on making less expansions for GW2, and relying more on microtransactions. BOOO!

Ok, I have a few things to say about what you just said...

1st. They are not selling anything that could give you bonus stats, that is a big NO NO at ArenaNet. And social items? What kinds of items are those? Please explain.

2nd. This part pissed me off. Where the hell did you hear about "...plan on making less expansions for GW2"? That is TOTALLY misinformation and NOBODY should listen to him. And where the hell did you hear about them relying on microtransactions?!?!? STOP GIVING OUT MISINFORMATION AND RE-READ THE ARTICLE IF YOU WANT TO TO UNDERSTAND THE MICROTRANSSATIONS!!!

It pisses me off when people give out misinformation about games, especially this one.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by Athea

Obviously they plan on making less expansions for GW2, and relying more on microtransactions.

"It will unite the community because everyone will be wearing microtransaction items! BWUAHAHAH". - Anet

Was that really necessary to edit you post just to add that? I think not.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

don't matter anyway for now till we really see what will ahve on they CS nothing will be for sure, we will ahve to wait, then we will see if they sold they souls or not.

and again I repeat what I said before

yeah microtransactions should unity the community, against it.

ps. I started playing MMO back to 2000, and not I still don't like to pay extra for someone or to get things in game, I play so I can do these not spending money, even though I can't keep the 10 hours a day playing anymore I can still keep 3-4 hours a day, its not a big deal, since I only need 5 hours of sleep so it let me do more each day.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

wut

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

The company is designing a game with two classes...THE HAVES...and the HAVE NOTS.Persistence...hard work....focus mean little. Just fork over the money.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    The company is designing a game with two classes...THE HAVES...and the HAVE NOTS.Persistence...hard work....focus mean little. Just fork over the money.

Because having 100 more exp is going to affect you at cap level right?

• KlingonUniKlingonUni Member UncommonPosts: 1

So is it the mentally of gamers in this generation that companies have to give out free stuff all the time and make no money at all to pay the people that work for them to keep making content and fixing things and doing more for the game?

Having a in game store means NOTHING..unless your so worried about everyone else instead of what your going to do in the game. I see something that someone is wearing, I ask where they got it, if they quested for it I look it up and do that.,.if they bought in the store instead I make a choice to either PLAY the game and quest for the item or spend the money instead. Its all about what you personally want to do. I dont give a rats ass who does what in a game anymore. Its almost refecting what is happening out in the world now..people wanting stuff for free and never working for it..nor paying for it even though it costs someone time and money to do the work.

Has Occupy wall street mentally hit the gaming market now too? I am starting to see it with all the damn cry babies worrying about Joe blow has across the screen instead of doing anything themselves to obtain it either by working for it or paying for it. Either way..its a personal choice if you buy something or not. NO ONE IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND MAKING YOU USE THE MICROTRANSACTION STORES. Good Grief.

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

No micro..thx

i will stick with my subs based mmo's 

p2w can go F... itself

• robert154erobert154e Member UncommonPosts: 24

You guys really haven't done any homework have you... You see Micro-transactions and spam and whine like lil kids, but all in all nothing is giving anyone an advantage... The xp / karma boosts only last for 1 hour. Nothing is for PvP... There is NO END GAME. Everyone in W v W v W is given gear / items and boosted to 80... Always going to be skill based not cosmetic based. Please do some research before going off the band wagon and screaming foul play.

Thanks.

• DeepcutsDeepcuts Member UncommonPosts: 22

No one beside the producer and publisher can know for sure what kind of items will be in the shop.

And those items can change in time.

The question is: how the hell some of the people posting here KNOW for sure what kind of items the cash shop will be selling?

Many rant that only costumes and fashion items.

The question still remains: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

I guess not even the producers know for sure, so how can you be SO SURE?

• HoosierDaddyHoosierDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 7

I would like to see the gold farming cease or slow down in MMOs.  I think ArenaNet is on the right path with targeting this in GW2.  I do hope that toons who actually play in Tyria look different than a toon who's paid his way to get gear/items though.  I like being able to see the difference between experienced players and new players or in this case players who have/have not $paid$ for gear.  I would hope ArenaNet appreciates this too as this seems to be the only way players can say things like I'm a PVP veteran and it shows.  ArenNet, be sure to have a distinct difference between the boys that play and the boys that pay is all I'm asking.  I like the way WOW, Rift, and others use gear as a way to seperate toons based on actual gameplay.  I'd know by looking at a toon whether they've played a bunch of PVP or heavy PVE dungeon content. 

Maybe have in-game gems(different color), achieved only by playing the game, able to purchase certain items and then have gems(different color), purchaseable, offering various other items/gear combos?

Gems used to purchase home area customizations maybe?

• GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

This is the part of the interview that concerns me most....but i'm not suprised.

Quote- Mike O'Brien.

"We still don't know exactly what will be for sale nor how it'll factor into the game as a whole"

I was going to pre-order but i will be adopting a wait and see attitude for a few months.