Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the heck, I can't enjoy other games after TERA.

Comments

• PrintscreenPrintscreen Member UncommonPosts: 100

Felt exactly the same, though I didn't level up to high in beta, don't want to do everything twice when it goes open. Now I'm waiting for it to go open beta and in the mean time I dick around in Skyrim and The Sims 3...yea that's right, you know you sim.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by m0lly

Originally posted by corpusc

Originally posted by m0lly

im not a hater but i agree with this honeymoon theory 100%

i agree that the sky is blue. 

its a well known and commonly accepted phenomena that things you are crazy about initially usually fade with time.  its true of just about everything in life.

don't think anybody is making any big deal about that one statement.

anyone? hehe you said that until you got arrow in the knee. mostly players are fairly young and this honeymoon theory is beyond them. so it is indeed true within a month majority games collapse cause of this theory.

i'd be really shocked to learn that somebody in this thread had no idea what a honeymoon was, and didn't get the concept of fading passion. 

altho sector, despite being the one to bring it up, doesn't seem to let his passionate hate fade away.  

maybe he's just working against himself, by proving that passions DON'T INEVITABLY fade in *ALL* cases.  8)

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

i definitely won't be playing in CBT5.   can't bare to go thru that noob island again, without keeping my progress.

Corpus Callosum    

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

The "downfall" of Tera was that they didn't release the game a month ago. I would've definately bought it back then along with many others. May 1 release is too late since we are getting closer to other big titles (mainly D3/TSW/GW2). Thus I'll rather stick with SWTOR than play Tera intensively for  2 weeks :O

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Originally posted by Nadya3

Sector has devoted his entire life existance into Bashing Tera.   this is why he has 0 Credibility.   you will find him, in every single Tera thread here bashing and trying to belittle  the game.     as soon he finds someone posting how he or she likes the game, he goes in right away as fast as he can, and try way, way too hard to discourage that person.

i bet you anything he is a paid employee from NCsoft.   is just way too obvious.

i give Sector some credit though,  thanks to him  i won't even consider buying GW2.

so he is iether a paid employee from a competitive game company,  or someone with some deep and mega serious mental issues.  nothing in between

To be a paid person from a concurrent, I don't deny the possibility, but from NCSoft .... ? GW2 is actually the most hyped MMO of all, I don't think NCSoft really need fake reviewers.

p.s : yes, fake reviewers are real : 

http://eater.com/archives/2012/03/29/shady-company-offers-fake-yelp-reviews-for-495.php

http://www.reputationchanger.com/

Those are positive changers, but of course shady negative changers do exist too (I'm sure those above can provide negative reviews too).

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by k-damage

Originally posted by Nadya3

Sector has devoted his entire life existance into Bashing Tera.   this is why he has 0 Credibility.   you will find him, in every single Tera thread here bashing and trying to belittle  the game.     as soon he finds someone posting how he or she likes the game, he goes in right away as fast as he can, and try way, way too hard to discourage that person.

i bet you anything he is a paid employee from NCsoft.   is just way too obvious.

i give Sector some credit though,  thanks to him  i won't even consider buying GW2.

so he is iether a paid employee from a competitive game company,  or someone with some deep and mega serious mental issues.  nothing in between

To be a paid person from a concurrent, I don't deny the possibility, but from NCSoft .... ? GW2 is actually the most hyped MMO of all, I don't think NCSoft really need fake reviewers.

p.s : yes, fake reviewers are real : 

http://eater.com/archives/2012/03/29/shady-company-offers-fake-yelp-reviews-for-495.php

http://www.reputationchanger.com/

Those are positive changers, but of course shady negative changers do exist too (I'm sure those above can provide negative reviews too).

As real as it may be, it's an all too easy way to avoid a real discussion by assuming your "adversary" is a paid nay-sayer.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

Wow.. some serious hate on Tera.. lol. Honestly, games are just a pass time for me. Life is more important. Don't care if people hate Tera or love it. I'm enjoying it. Hope you guys enjoy your respective game choices.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

The "downfall" of Tera was that they didn't release the game a month ago. I would've definately bought it back then along with many others. May 1 release is too late since we are getting closer to other big titles (mainly D3/TSW/GW2). Thus I'll rather stick with SWTOR than play Tera intensively for  2 weeks :O

Nah, it's not Tera's downfall. They are still tweaking the experience for western players based on feedback so it's better to do this now then do it once the game is launched and everyone starts complaining.

Tera is going to have a small but somewhat devoted following. I think the people playing Tera will fully know what it's about.

As far as Diablo 3 or Secret World or even GW2, those games are about different things and I suspect, in some cases will have a different main audience.

Though Diablo 3 is also a single player game so I dont' see it interfering. too much. even with the multiplayer aspect. which won't have pvp if I'm not mistaken.

Tera is more for those who want open world pvp or, on the pve side, just want to experience the monster hunter mobs. Whether it can keep them is a "only time will tell" story.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Wow, so many people with crystal balls and psychology degrees. If TERA was a doomed to fail or horrible in general it wouldn't have so much attention, negative or positive.

The "honeymoon" period is indeed true but that doesn't mean you can't be excited about something. If you become so guarded from beng disappointed in the past that you refuse to actually look forward to something you've already lost. It's not an age thing, it's actually a sign of maturity to go forward with balanced common sense and not use negativity to shield yourself.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Guys, don't fall in the trap of honeymoons.

In fact when you get married, show your loved one how not excited you are on your honeymoon. Cause you know it's just for a few months or years, why bother, why waste so much negative thinking when it's just there to grab.

Resist! ;-)

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by Pivotelite

@Zylaxx - The thing is, I wouldn't have jumped on anyone but Sector, he's probably made 200+ posts in these boards if I could take a guess and I can barely recall a positive one, every regular supporter of TERA on these boards is VERY well acquainted with Sector lol.

^  Is true... Though I do try to see everyones perspective and understand - / + posts, but almost everytime end up in some pointless argument over nothing (especially with Sector). I'm just one of the many that enjoy TERA, along with the many other MMOs that are soon to come... like GW2.

"On topic"

IMO the "Honeymoon effect" comes with anything / everything new and refreshing, like new titles for MMOs - TERA for example was a complete fresh of air and MMO I rather enjoyed from the get-go, but for some TERA may already be something repetitive and not an MMO worth paying for - To others its the opposite - I'm staying... but why only play one MMO?

Also the "honeymoon effect" is something you want to last a long time..but your afraid that it soon will dissapear... Which it usually does, but hopefully subsides to a deeper and more knowledgable love of the target / object. When the honeymoon effect is gone... It can get worse or it gets better and better!

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Wow, so many people with crystal balls and psychology degrees. If TERA was a doomed to fail or horrible in general it wouldn't have so much attention, negative or positive.

The "honeymoon" period is indeed true but that doesn't mean you can't be excited about something. If you become so guarded from beng disappointed in the past that you refuse to actually look forward to something you've already lost. It's not an age thing, it's actually a sign of maturity to go forward with balanced common sense and not use negativity to shield yourself.

Don't you know thats how our government runs our economy... no seriously pretty much thats how the US government been running our economy, they think its going to work so they go with something that hasn't been working for the past 30 year slol =X

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Whenever I see targeting recticle ... my interest in game is completely over. Period. Forget this is how "real man" play as real mans do not play games.

Otherwise maybe would try some day, at first glance game looks good.

But to be honest I have lost my eternal search for new  good games after have discovered 3rd great game, swtor. With Rift, Wow and Swtor for the first time in my life I do not feel any urge or real wish to try something new. Guess will be happy with this trio for at least decade, alterning gameplay and waiting new expansions to level all my alts.

Originally posted by daltanious

Whenever I see targeting recticle ... my interest in game is completely over. Period. Forget this is how "real man" play as real mans do not play games.

But to be honest I have lost my eternal search for new  good games after have discovered 3rd great game, swtor. With Rift, Wow and Swtor for the first time in my life I do not feel any urge or real wish to try something new. Guess will be happy with this trio for at least decade, alterning gameplay and waiting new expansions to level all my alts.

Thats about the most awakward reason i see anyone dislike Tera over, guess you hit most FPS too.

• MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143

Funny, "bore me to tears" is a perfect description of my experience with Tera. This is the first game where I understood the meaning of "timesink". Not just understood - felt it, like time was literally slip trough my fingers. No fun at all to mask that feeling and make it worth it.

Originally posted by Mirandel

Funny, "bore me to tears" is a perfect description of my experience with Tera. This is the first game where I understood the meaning of "timesink". Not just understood - felt it, like time was literally slip trough my fingers. No fun at all to mask that feeling and make it worth it.

guess you never played dungeon defender lol =X

• VolarinVolarin Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by WizGamer

I don't get it at all.

Tera doesn't have the most awesome featurelist out of MMOs coming out, but after playing four CBT events, nothing else seems to compare.

I recently tried RaiderZ and Dragon Nest (both frequently mentioned F2P comparisons), along with Path of Exile, and another mmo (in CBT with NDA). But I can't stand playing these games more than an hour before they bore me to tears. I can't seem to capture the same excitement I had playing TERA or same awe when looking around the world. I can't even imagine playing SWTOR anymore. The combat is just so lackluster, and I don't feel like I'm constantly fighting for my life. I can't describe the feeling I had when I took down my first basilisk and barely backstepped out of the way as he charged me. It was crazy exciting. Fun is an understatement. 

Now,  I'm wary that TERA may be ONLY combat, which sucks because eventually I do get tired of playing. After several hours, my hands feel worn and I feel drained. But then if I play any other MMORPGs, they just aren't satisfying viscerally. It's an awkward place to be. I hope they add more to the crafting system and add some fluff features like fishing etc.

BTW: This is not an April Fools Troll.

It is the same when you play any MMO that has real combat in it. I played Darkfall 2 years back and then could simply not touch anything like WOW using the more popular and crapper method of fighting.

Once you go twitch manual aim anything else feels dead.

You should try Darkfall and Mortal Online and see what you think.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

hmmmm........i enjoyed every game after Tera...............Horrible game, but to each their own.

• VolarinVolarin Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by daltanious

This post is the perfect example of how completely polar opposite people can be. To me Wow, Rift and Swtor are the very definition of everything that is wrong in MMO gaming. WOW has retarded the development of MMOs for years now. People seem happy with the model that WOW made sucessful.

I will only play real combat games now. ANything else like WOW etc just feels dead. Player skill is what makes things interesting.

Anyway I could not disagree with this posters choices more. Funny old world eh?!

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143

There is no honeymoon period for Tera.  Most MMOs spend a lot of money trying to convince players how different and fun their MMO is, only to find out that it's pretty much like the last MMO you played just a different IP, buggier, and no endgame content.  Tera is the opposite in that it starts out slow but gets better as people level up. Anybody that's been following it regularly should know exactly what to expect.  If not for the loss of BGs at launch, and possibly bad timing, I would have been 100% confident in this games success. 

If they were going to cut out BGs at launch they should go ahead and release the game as there's nothing they need to add to this game between now and May.  Almost every forum complaint about the game can be remedied if they just leveled up, and delaying any further is just hurting sales. And about the BGs themselves, that was a serious issue that needed to be fixed so even though that will hurt initial sales, it will be better overall for the long term PvP implications of the game.

As someone else mentioned, unless they completely goof up the launch of this game, I can see people sticking around to play Tera for a long time as it will have a very strong community, which is integral to an MMO's long term success.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I m wit some posters. After playing Tera, I appreciate almost every game I ve played before it. Tera not only, to me anyways, bored me to death. On top of that, terrible timing, not a huge TSW fan, but it will dent it alot, and don t be suprised before the May 1st date that GW2 will have a big announcment. It s only guessing, but if there is an announcment, it will dent Tera bigtime. All said, I find Tera extremely bland and without it s combat system, which I hated, it has really nothing at all to offer.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    What TERA has to offer is an evolution of the current MMO gameplay experience, not a revolution. It's important to see the difference between the two. Why not just go with the revolution? Because not all of the changes are wanted and there are familiar elements staying the same that are tiresome and annoying. Some people like the give and take, if you do that's great and have fun.

TERA on the other hand does not look to make drastic changes to the MMO industry but make it better. Do you have any idea how many system are in TERA? there's even a window for seeing your previous trades with people. Shown in line item form with date, time and who you traded with and when selected shows the exact trade window when you locked it. Now this is not huge by itself but you see this level of polish throughout the game. A foolish person would discount TERA simply because it's not "the latest breakthrough in MMO technology!".

If you hate the art style, fine. If you hate that it comes from Korea, fine. If you hate it simply because it's not the game you like more, fine. There's no reason to mislead people though with ulterior motives. You do more damage to the genre overall by tearing down everything you don't personally like. Let games stand on their own and if you can't play a game, even for ten levels, and not discern quality in the environments, animations, UI systems, etc. then say that outright because it will come out in your post regardless.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

It is a nice game and the unreal engine works well.

I am intrested in how players can hold city states and control taxes and npcs in them. The true action combat is alot better than the standard WoW or SWTOR stand toe to toe and slug it out.  In Tera you need to be on the move all the time and keep watching the mobs. Situational awerness will come in handy in Tera.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Leucent

I m wit some posters. After playing Tera, I appreciate almost every game I ve played before it. Tera not only, to me anyways, bored me to death. On top of that, terrible timing, not a huge TSW fan, but it will dent it alot, and don t be suprised before the May 1st date that GW2 will have a big announcment. It s only guessing, but if there is an announcment, it will dent Tera bigtime. All said, I find Tera extremely bland and without it s combat system, which I hated, it has really nothing at all to offer.

TSW and TERA are totally different styles of games.

As someone who has been following both since they were announced, they are nothing alike and will attract different niche audiences, sure there may be some overlap.

GW2, TERA, TSW. 

All are rather different.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by CoolWaters

Originally posted by Jerid

Originally posted by CoolWaters

Personally, I thought Terra sucked. Bad.

If you played Shadowbane and said it ruined you for other games I'd agree.  Terra? Hardly.

The one good thing I can say about Terra is that they processed my refund within just a few hours.

Shadowbane? You liked bugs terrible unbalanced classes desync issues and lag? Guessing you logged into tera saw there was an exclamation mark over an npcs head and logged out, hipster mmoer.

Did I say that? I don't think I did. You don't know what I liked about Shadowbane. You don't know how long I played Shadowbane. You don't even know much about Shadowbane from what I can tell. You didn't play SB, or didn't play it long. The most accurate thing about your abbreviated post is the hipster ad hominem. That's about right. I look down my nose at every game since Shadowbane, as do most all of the players who ever actually played in a real seige of another guild's city and burned it to the ground. But hey, you've got an opinion. That's unique.

SB had bad bugs early on, but even with those bugs, it was amazing. The bugs and lag went away. Money would have made the game better. Updated server architecture would have made the game better. It was amazing the way it was.

Search any legit gaming forum, ask any real old school gamer (who actually enjoys PvP), read what the players who actually pleyed SB for any length of time say about the game, and you still won't be able to understand why no other game has come close to the thrill that game engendered. It quite literally, ruined gaming for a lot of gamers. It was that good.

For anyone who didn't have the pleasure, this is a good, recent read on the most ambitious and addictive game ever created:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/23/the-game-archaeologist-uncovers-shadowbane-talking-with-josef-h/

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/23/the-game-archaeologist-uncovers-shadowbane-talking-with-josef-h/

No matter how you slice it, Terra is a boring, grindy, pointless game designed for the lowest common denominator. It happens that there are quite a few people who belong to that group.

Agreed Shadowbane was an excellent and unique game